IRON MAN Movie

Archer1120

Just because Tony Stark's character is a "rehabilitated" drunk, doesn't mean they need to fill the role with one....Isn't Tony Stark Hispanic? Also, RDJ as an action hero? I don't buy it for a second. RDJ comes across as pathetic, not slick. A waste of life, not a ladies man. I always looked as Stark as a man fighting his demons, not one that completely gave into them.

No, Tony is not Hispanic, he's your average all american type.

I'm on the fence a bit here, I agree RDjr is not very "heroic", he's never struck me as a Hero or tough guy, but he is a good actor. I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but there are any number of actors out there that I would have picked well above him for the role.

I wish they could have found a "no name" up & coming off the street actor who at the very least fit the role physically...tall, handsome & bright, he is after all supposed to be a suave, good looking "playboy" that could get pretty much any woman he wanted on looks alone. RDjr just doesn't look the part.

Oh well, time will tell if he makes or breaks the Iron Man franchise.

Great, once again "Hollywood" is going to screw up what could be a killer movie franchise. Robert Downey Jr.?! Seriously? As Tony Stark? That does not compute. Has Paramount read any IM comics? Geez man, screw this bullpoop. Paramount would have been better off getting a no name actor to play the part. Robert Downey Jr. is a hack.

I'm not saying that you have to like the casting choice, but calling an Academy Award nominee a "hack" doesn't make much sense. Personally, I think he'll do a great job and I can't wait for this film.

OOOH, he was nominated for a Academy award! That determines he's a good actor? Tons of actors are nominated for an Academy Award, somebody has to be the loser. Academy Awards don't mean crap except to the people in Hollywood who write the checks. I think RDJr. is a hack.

Great, once again "Hollywood" is going to screw up what could be a killer movie franchise. Robert Downey Jr.?! Seriously? As Tony Stark? That does not compute. Has Paramount read any IM comics? Geez man, #$### this bullshit. Paramount would have been better off getting a no name actor to play the part. Robert Downey Jr. is a hack.

I'm not saying that you have to like the casting choice, but calling an Academy Award nominee a "hack" doesn't make much sense. Personally, I think he'll do a great job and I can't wait for this film.

OOOH, he was nominated for a Academy award! That determines he's a good actor? Tons of actors are nominated for an Academy Award, somebody has to be the loser. Academy Awards don't mean #$## except to the people in Hollywood who write the checks. I think RDJr. is a hack.

He's a has been :o

I think it is a perfect choice. I couldnt think of a better actor to play Tony Stark. There shouldnt be much acting involved, both are brilliant and troubled.

Yea, plus he did a great job in A Scanner Darkly.

I think its probaly the best choice they could have made, he can portray stark in his brillance and in his most down times. Plus Downey can played a good frightened character, which will be needed since I believe Stark builds the suit to keep himself alive.

I think its good, alot better then the rumours of Leonardo Dicaprio playing him that were around for a few years.

Thanks for the news...

hmm.... I think Orlando Bloom is a better Tony....

OrlandoBlo_Grani_10330549_400.jpg

Say it ain't so, man...I'm glad that little fruit didn't get the role

@loll@

I'd rather Ed Quinn (plays Nathan Stark on Eureka) have gotten the role, but if everyone who doesn't like the choice of Robert Downey Jr. looks at the following picture your fears might be alleviated.

tonystark1ju5.png

I'd rather Ed Quinn (plays Nathan Stark on Eureka) have gotten the role,

omg, the first time I saw him on Eureka I thought "man, this guy would be a awesome Tony Stark. Heck, he's even usin half the name already."

As for RDJ....I don't know. I can't see him as Iron Man, but I could see him pulling it off. Although, I wish they'd go with less known actors/actresses for superhero movies. That way we don't have much of a preconcieved notion about him/her.

Guest DavAnthony

that's great I had thought the same thing when I watched Eureka. Everytime I see Stark on Eureka I think Tony Stark, pretty funny that a few of us were on the same page with that.

Well, Robert Downey Jr. has been receive rave reviews by critics for his performance in the last few movies he has been. Heck, I was just listening to Ebert & Roeper he who were raving about him also not too long ago.

Sure, he's no Russell Crowe or someone who's films can pull any multi-million dollars but the thing is that they want a person who has personal demons and alcohol problems...that's lived that hellish life, Robert Downey Jr. is actually a very good selection. He's lived that life, former brat pack playboy, rich and really...I think he can pull it off.

kndy

Guest DavAnthony

Most people have probably forgotten that when Chaplin came out Rober Downy Jr. was considered one of the best actors in Hollywood. It was only after his drinking and drugging that he began to fall of the radar.

I just have trouble seeing him doing any type of action role, but he's been trying to get back on the radar for the last 5-6 years and a potential summer blockbuster is usually the way to go inorder to get yourself alot of exposure.

The guy is a good actor just as Tobey McQuire is so I'm sure if he's serious about doing a good job which it sounds like he is, than I think it will be good. I don't have nearly as many reservations about this casting as I do about Ledger as the Joker. Though I'm not a die-hard Iron Man fan either.