Like Luke... I wanna be like Luke...

JoeRhyno

When I first saw Guiltyone's grainy cell phone pics of the Steel Brigade Vs Plague 6-pack.. I was in love... it reminded me of when I was a kid, cause as big of a Joe fan as I was, I never did send away for my very own Steel Brigade.. :( When I first saw the con pics.. the first thing that popped in my head was.. sweet, I'm gonna make me a Joerhyno SB figure.. and finally, I'll have my own GI Joe!

lol... I know... pretty corny.. but anyway... the one thing I really wasn't too fond of on the new SB was the helmet, it just didn't seem like a SB helmet to me... I mean, they already made a removable SB helmet for the anti-venom pack, I dont see why they couldn't just reuse it.. I dunno... but good thing I have friends in high places in the casting world, lol.. and I'm not talking GTG.com @hmmm@

@loll@

Anyway, one of my canadian casting buddies sent me some casts of last years con SB heads, and a couple cast regular SB heads(modified on a neck ball)... and a couple of the anti-venom cast helmets.. so I thought... I'll just use those...

So last night, I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, lol.. mixing the paint to get it juuust right.. and I was quite happy with the results.. so here, I introduce to you the newest member of the Steel Brigade!!!!

SBJoe.jpg

JOERHYNO

And of course.. here's a group shot of the two squads( I got one more red shirt and one more blue shirt to make, they'll use the heads that came with the packs and cast helmets.. but this is good enough for now).

sbgroup1.jpg

sbgroup2.jpg

You cant really tell, but one guy didn't get his helmet painted in time for the group photo, so I digitally cropped a painted one on, lol.. you can see him in his unpainted-ness in the first photo ;)

Great work Joe, also I like the helmet you used it does look better than the new one.

lol.. no, not lazer eye.. just lazy @loll@ those glasses are hard to make.. I'll dig out some combat goggles for him ;)

X, I actually noticed that when I was taking the pics.. I consider it the T-shirt, not the same shirt as the sleves.. though, so he matches the squad...I'm gonna paint it red :)