Smallville Season 6 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

...it was a pretty good episode. Can't say the same for next week's with pro wrestler Dave Batista showing up.
From what I've read/seen, I don't think it will be a complete waste, though ;)<_>

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started watching Smallville recently. I usually hate everything DC but I've been trying to get into it. Anyways I wondered if that was Martian Manhunter at the end. Seems like I was right.

I dont know about that. If it is , I hope we see more of him. Who was the man that he killed? Is he someone from the comics?

No. He was just some dope that escaped from The Phantom Zone. Episode stunked on ice if you asked me. Spent way too much time on Lex and Lana. The subplot with Clark and the Zoner just zipped by way too fast for me. Had no idea who the guy was and the next thing you know,he's dead.

I wondered if that was Martian Manhunter at the end. Seems like I was right.
I don't know much about Martian Manhunter beyond JLU and what I've read on a couple of message boards, but, he does have/had an obsession to Oreos (a.k.a. "Choco's"). Check here for history & powers.

By the way, there's speculation he posed as Chloe (shape-shifting) in the loft scene at the end of the ep. <_>

It was a pretty good episode! I so thought Lex was gonna show Lana 33.1 but thats the twist...Lana will be Mrs Luthor!

I think that was Jonn just because of the cookie refrence and he has all the powers of superman except hes a telepath and shapeshifter...but i guess time will tell!

Nice to see jlu characters intro'd. First season for me for Smallville (i know, I know). I like this series so far. Are the first 5 seasons worth review on dvd?

Most definately worth getting, especially since things are really picking up. Each season, at least for me, is far superior to the one before, and things keep getting better and better. More story arcs, better stories, more characters, everything seems to be taking shape for the one day that he'll finally become Superman. Only one thing bugs me, that being that he can't fly yet. He's been out of high school for a full year, this season would make it two, so I don't think they can keep dodging that one much longer.

Looking forward to the episode titled "JUSTICE" in which we'll get our first look at some of the JLA'ers together. Cyborg, Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman will all be back in this episode. Should be good. They'd like to get a Wonder Woman in there somewhere but can't because of the work being done developing the new movie. And obviously they'd like to have Bruce Wayne, but can't do that either....at least for now.

• 2 weeks later...

^Martian Manhunter

(check out 'Justice League' and 'Powers and abilities' ;) )

By the way, if anyone is interested, here's the schedule for the next few weeks:

12/7 - "Subterranean"

12/14 - "Wither" (repeat)

12/21 - "Reunion (repeat)

12/28 - "Run"/"Cyborg" (repeats)

1/4 - "Arrow"/"Aqua" (repeats)

Cool, dunno why I didn't think of him. I probably didn't think about because they're dealing with the phantom zone right now, and there was like a triangular scar on the bad guy's back.

Has he always had a thing for oreos though?

"Subterranean"......Well, I didn't really "dig" this episode. @loll@ Actually, I really hate filler episodes like this. I want more plots around the main theme, but I guess they wouldn't be as good if they did them ALL the time. Best part, at least for me, was the preview for the upcoming episodes....now THOSE looked AWESOME!!! Can't wait til January....

I really hate filler episodes like this.
Not just a 'filler', but, I believe a filler ep rescheduled from earlier in the season. :-/

I didn't really care too much for the ep, but, I did like the preview (I'm sure there are some screencaps somewhere ;)). It's going to be a looooong wait. <_>

Update:

Screencaps (Spoiler warning?)

Screencaps II

:)

• 1 month later...

Tonight's for the most part. Ugh. Title episode is Hydro and the main baddy is named Linda Lake? Double ugh. Did like the bit with Clark and Ollie though. Have another hero show up in your hero duds while you show up in your civilian I.D. Classic.

Yeah, I thought this ep was tolerable, until the catfight w/ Chloe & Linda, ending with the impact on Lana's hood. (seemed a little too over the top for me) I'm guessing we still have another living person who knows Clark's secret? I did like the Clark/Ollie identity thing followed by the reactions in Lois' apartment.

Lana's true feelings about Clark? Just found out? We've known this since pretty much day 1. All I know is next week's JL episode looks to be an amazing one. With Buffy/Angel now no longer with new episodes, Smallville has taken over as the current No. 1 show on television still running.