Let the Tournament Begin

Crimson Twins

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when a no face is matched up with a named character...ex. toxo vs. jaye... its hard to pick a winner in that case.

-saboteur

That's a pretty good point. I think I have a remedy for that. Not exactly a remedy, but maybe something fun to do next time:

The Viper Battle Royale!

Look for it shortly after the tournament's conclusion.

Big Boa (If the Cobra trainer can't when then what hope hope does a viper have)

Zarana

Storm Shadow

Dice

vs (no clue who either are. I call it a draw)

Hotseat

Ghost Bear

Burn Out

Lady Jaye (Zombies are way to slow)

Duke (I always felt Zandar was somewhat a coward)

My picks:

Wetsuit (SEALs rule!)

Zarana (smiled at Wreckage, making him think he had a chance with her before she sucker punched him)

Snake Eyes (when SS hit him in the face, his mask fell off, making SS sick to his stomach, and then he could no longer fight)

Dice (due to their match being in the middle of the afternoon, Hotseat fell asleep in the middle of the bout, therefore being counted as a TKO)

Ghost Bear (GB won the toss for where the bout would be held and called for it to be in his favorite fishing hole... RoboJoe sank and was not seen again)

Burn Out (caught Recoil in the eye with one of his braids... The rest is history)

Lady Jaye (Toxo-Zombie fell apart and could no longer compete)

Zandar (Zandar walked right up to Duke, who hadn't noticed him enter the ring, and proceeded to mop the ring with him; Duke still doesn't know where he came from)

:)

Todd

Shakka85

Wetsuit

Zarana

Storm Shadow

Dice

RoboJoe

Recoil

Lady Jaye

Duke

sorry, I've been slacking...

I'll make updated brackets when we finish the first round.. and PM them to ya so you can post them all in one post CT...

Big Boa

Wreckage

Snake Eyes

Dice

RoboJoe

Burn Out

Lady Jaye

Duke

OK, I'm closing the voting for this round. I will be back shortly with official results. Also, the second round will be held in a completely different post. This one's getting pretty big, and I want to make sure we're focusing solely on the second round.

Also, Joe, don't worry about it. Whenever you get it done is fine by me. You're under no obligation, and I know you're doing it in your own spare time, so no hurry. Now, let me get to tallying.

Back soon with the results.

OK, here are the official results for the final bracket in Round 1:

Big Boa had a Rocky-like come from behind slugfest that saw the Cobra trainer come out on top in what turned out to be a tie for closest battle this bracket.

Big Boa survives 12-10.

Wreckage had a late fury, and looked as though he was going to overtake Zarana. Unfortunately, during this match, we experienced technical difficulties. Once the match was back on, Wreckage was just that. Wreckage. He was crumpled in a heap with computer parts lying all around him!? Hmmm.

Zarana (maybe with some help) wins 14-8.

Storm Shadow vs Snake Eyes. It was being billed as the fight of the century. Once and for all, we would have a clear cut winner. Ninja vs Commando. Good vs Evil. White vs Black. You get the idea. There were several ties throughout the match. But when the smoke cleared, there could be only one victor. Tommy's ninja training was too much for the super commando.

Storm Shadow wins 13-9.

Dice vs Hotseat. What can we say about this match. Exactly.

Dice wins 20-2.

The mighty RoboJoe fought hard to try to overcome an early lead by son of Kwinn. Unfortunately, he fried his circuits, and Mainframe was to busy 'celebrating' with Zarana to help with repairs.

The Cobra Tracker, Ghostbear, pulverizes RoboJoe 15-7.

Another Dreadnok in the touney, and another victory for the Noks. Speculation is running rampant that Zartan is trying to get as many Noks in the final rounds as possible. Rumor has it that he's going to make his Noks throw the fights for him so he can go on to become champ. These same rumors have been causing some rumblings in the Nok camp. And there was quite a rumbling when Burnout put down recoil.

Burnout wins 13-9, and Zartan seems quite pleased with this.

Toxozombie started off in a valiant effort against Lady Jaye. Unfortunately, Toxo did not survive the match, and the undead became dead once again. He will be missed.

Lady Jaye mourns her victory 21-1.

Zandar confirmed the rumors about Zartan's master plan. And in an act of defiance remeniscent of his Coil days, Zandar threw his fight against Duke. Zandar was clearly in the lead early, but backed down late to let Duke take the win. Afterward, Zandar told Duke: "Zartan's got to be stopped. You're just the man to do it. I did my part, now it's up to you."

Duke wins 12-10.

Well folks, that's it for round #1. There will be a new post shortly with the matches for Bracket #1 Round #2. Feel free to continue to comment about anything from Round #1 in this post. Comments, concerns, critiques. Whatever you got, I can handle it. Suggestions are always welcome. We've had 22 votes for two times in a row, and 19 and 21 before that. That is a great turn out. Now in the second round, EVERY single vote could mean the difference. We've weeded out some of the weaker seeds. Everyone in the second round is a winner. the voting will be tougher.

See you all soon in round 2.

@firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ HOTSEAT WAS ROBBED !!!!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@