Let the Tournament Begin

Crimson Twins

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'oh! I missed the first two brackets! Dag nabbit!

Hey, don't sweat it. You only missed the first round of those brackets. There's still some really good matches left. Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy it.

Just a heads up for everyone. There will probably be very limited commentary over the weekend. I'm in the middle of pulling duty right now, and I'll be conked out for most of Friday. I will try to have the Bracket #3 results up, and the matches for Bracket #4 before I leave in the morning. So, for a quick recap of Bracket #3 so far:

Destro leads Ice Cream Soldier 14-4

Jinx is up 11-7 over Copperhead

Beachhead is killing Shock Viper 17-1 (and that's not even the biggest blowout we got this bracket)

CC and Barrel Roll are going back and forth with CC currently up 10-8.

Road Pig is steamrolling Steamroller 16-2.

Leatherneck is out in front of Black Out 12-6.

Roadblock is whoopin Undertow 18-0. Yes 0. Could we have out first shut out?

And the battle for the WWE title currently has Zartan ahead 11-7 in this back and forth battle.

OK, so I slipped up this weekend. I'm sorry. Just pretend the show got pre-empted by the westminster dog show. Whatever. The point is, I'm back, and the battle wages on. Here are our results for this bracket, and the matches for the final bracket in the first round:

Ice Cream Soldier got one hell of a licking by Destro.

Destro wins 18-4.

Copperhead tried to lay the snakedown early, but Jinx was more bad luck than he could handle.

Jinx takes it 14-8.

Beachhead whooped Shock Viper into shape with a sound beating. No real shock there.

Beachhead in a landslide 21-1.

In the closest match we've had for the entire first round, Cobra Commander's sneaky ways got him past Barrel Roll just barely.

The Sly Commander gets the victory 12-10.

Steamroller just really couldn't get the steam rolling against the mammoth Road Pig. Dreadnoks are really putting on a show in this tourney.

The smell Dreadnok wins 20-2.

Black Out must have lived up to his namesake in this match. He obviously didn't put up much of a fight against everyone's second favorite Marine.

Leatherneck shows Black Out the meaning of Semper Fi, 15-7.

Roadblock was going for the first ever shut out, when a lone Grifter had to rewrite history. The beat down he gave Undertow is still nothing to laugh at.

The lyrical chef wins 21-1.

And the match we've all been waiting for. The Main Event. The battle for the WWE Title! Also, tied with CC and Barrel Roll for the closest match so far. These two went at it like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Like Hogan and Andre. Like the Rock and Stone Cold. Like SGT Slaughter and ... um ... Zartan.

Your winner ...

And NEW World Heavyweight Champion .....

ZARTAN 12-10.

Well, those are the results for that bracket. Here are the matches for Bracket #4.

Big Boa

vs

Wetsuit

Wreckage

vs

Zarana

Storm Shadow

vs

Snake Eyes (keep in mind, this is Commando SE, NOT NINJA, and, like every other match, there are no weapons allowed)

Dice

vs

Hotseat

Ghost Bear

vs

RoboJoe

Burn Out

vs

Recoil

Toxo Zombie

vs

Lady Jaye

Zandar

vs

Duke

Three Dreadnoks in this Bracket. Wonder how they'll do.

Now let's get to voting.

Wetsuit (the SEAL over the Rocky wannabe)

Zarana (whips the Firefly wannabe)

Storm Shadow (Snake Eyes lets Tommy win another)

Dice (Hot Seat rolls craps)

Ghost Bear (son of Kwinn over the RoboCop wannabe)

Burn Out (have nothing clever to write)

Lady Jaye (the hungry Zombie is too distracted by LJ's "snack trays")

Zandar (Duke falls prey to a "sneak" attack because he never saw Zandar, no one ever does ;))

***ZARTAN 12-10 <-----BULLSH*T (sorry i had to say it)

While it may not seem right, that is how the voting took place. I didn't even place my votes in the last bracket because I knew there would be some close races. Even if it had come out to a tie, Zartan had received 2 of the first 3 votes, meaning he would have been awarded the tie breaker. This is why every vote counts. The number of votes has gone up for every bracket so far, which is good. I only hope my little hiatus this weekend didn't screw up any momentum we might have had going.

Big Boa

Wreckage

Snake Eyes catches one of storm shadow's foolish mistakes and makes him pay

Dice

Robo Joe is invincible!!!

Recoil

Lady Jaye

Zandar

I hate it when a no face is matched up with a named character...ex. toxo vs. jaye... its hard to pick a winner in that case.

-saboteur

Big Boa Cant knock this dude out with that big ol' helmet)

Wreckage

Snake Eyes (V1 SE will win everytime)

Hotseat (MY PIC TO BE THE CHAMP !!!!!!)

Ghost Bear (I cant believe Kwinn didnt make this tournament)

Recoil

Toxo Zombie (AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH ROOOOAAAWWRRR)

Duke (Didnt you read his green sheet? Man of Action , Baby!!!!)