Let the Tournament Begin

Crimson Twins

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man I thought Lifeline was going to get some momentum there for a second.

No kidding. He didn't end up with the worst beat down. That honor goes squarely to Link.

Yup, that's right, Bracket #1, Round #1 is officially over with. Here are the results:

Cobra Mortal 7

vs.

Quick Kick 12

Quick Kick showed that just because you're dead it doesn't mean that you can't still kick some @$$. Mortal attempted to blind QK with his shinyness, and in doing so, was able to put up a respectable fight. But, in the end, only one is moving on. Quote of the match: "Now maybe I can get a convention figure. Or at least a V2." by Quick Kick after his victory.

Gnawgahyde 7

vs.

Shipwreck 12

In our second straight 12-7 beating, the Joes favorite dirty sailor put the boots to Gnawgahyde. The victory wasn't all fun and games for ol' Shippy though. He did suffer a great loss. Polly was killed and eaten by Gnawgahyde's boar during the scuffle. Shipwreck is said to be devestated. Let's hope he can regain his composure for Round 2.

Scalpel 2

vs.

MAJ Barrage 17

Ummm. Yeah. Do I really need to say anything here?

Interrogator 17

vs.

Law (w/o Order) 2

Cobra's first victory so far. Law seemed lost without Order, who was captured for questioning by Interrogator prior to the match. Quote: "I'll get you Joe, and your little dog, too!" Interrogator in his scariest witch-like voice.

Cobra EEL 5

vs.

The Fridge 14

Gotta give the Frogman credit. He was fighting the good fight early on. But it appears that a sudden rush of votes from Chicago put the Fridge out of reach. And the Superbowl Shuffle keeps rolling on.

Venomous Maximus 18

vs.

Link 1

Link was too busy tending to the mentally distraut Order to see this beat down coming. V-Max blind sided the Combat Vet ( @loll@ ) and never looked back.

Tomax 4

vs.

Gung Ho 15

After watching this last Monday Night Football game from the Superdome in New Orleans, Gung Ho was fighting like a man inspired. Much like the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, the pretty boy Tomax could do nothing to mount any kind of offense.

Razorclaw 16

vs.

Lifeline 3

The Joe medic tried to put up a fight. But every time he injured Razorclaw, he felt obligated to treat his wounds. This obviously didn't help his cause much, and he was soon dispatched.

Well, that's it for Bracket #1, Round #1. Thanks for the great turn out. 19 votes! WOW! I never would have anticipated that many. Let's see if it holds up for Bracket #2, Round #1.

And Joe, I love that bracket you set up. Looks great! Now you can post the winners for that bracket. Get to work. @smilepunch@

And now on to Bracket #2, Round #1:

Major Blood

vs.

Torpedo

BBQ

vs.

Crystal Ball

Torch

vs.

Taurus

Xamot

vs. (my poor twins just don't stand a chance, do they?)

Outback

Croc Master

vs.

Horror Show

Raptor

vs.

CPT Gridiron

Serpentor

vs.

Scarlett

Overkill

vs.

Mainframe

Quick Kick

Gnawgahyde

Barrage

Interrogator

Fridge

Gung Ho

Razorclaw

Sorry, you were a few seconds late (or I was way early. Something like that.) But, if it's any consolation, you picked all winners except for Gnawgahyde.

My votes for this bracket are:

Major Bludd

BBQ

Torch

Xamot

Croc Master

CPT Gridiron

Serpentor

Mainframe

Man, I am trying to be as realistic as possible on these outcomes so a lot of my favorites are loosing out to other guys (Serpentor over Scarlett is just wrong.)

Yeah, I think that is what carried Serpentor so far last time. He made it to the Fatal Four, and had the second most votes behind Firefly. Scarlett was a big favorite last time, too. She beat out one of my twins (yeah, who didn't?). I think she made it to the sweet 16. But, like I said, if the participation stays high, I might just do a loser's bracket and see how far that goes.

I appreciate you trying to keep it realistic. That's what I was going for with this. I know fan favs are going to get their share of votes regardless. That's cool. This is all in fun anyway.

Also, any feedback on my commentary would be welcome. Keep it, lose it, what ever. I'd hate to chase some off because they don't find me funny (I don't know anyone that doesn't think I'm funny, but I've heard that there might be some out there.).

tourneyBRAK1RND2.jpg

I'll do the second bracket when I get back latre tonight...

as for my votes:

Maj. Blood

Crystal Ball

Torch

Outback

Horror Show

CPT Gridiron

Scarlett

Mainframe(EDIT:I changed this one, lol.. I like Nevermores idea)

As for the commentary, keep it, I like it :)

You should have allowed for more time per round

I tried to keep it at about 24 hours per round, per bracket. I don't want this to get stale before we even hit the second round. I admit I ended the last one a few hours early, but there really wasn't any close ones that were likely to have changed.

And Joe, I love how that is looking. Looks like some interesting matches in the second round. Yet another reason we need to get this first round over with as soon as possible. We still have 3 days to wait to see those matches.

I also like the idea nevermore had. That's kinda what I was thinking in my head when I saw that match up come about. And if that fails, he can always hit Overkill over the head with his 'portable' computer. @loll@

You should have allowed for more time per round

I tried to keep it at about 24 hours per round, per bracket. I don't want this to get stale before we even hit the second round. I admit I ended the last one a few hours early, but there really wasn't any close ones that were likely to have changed.

And Joe, I love how that is looking. Looks like some interesting matches in the second round. Yet another reason we need to get this first round over with as soon as possible. We still have 3 days to wait to see those matches.

I also like the idea nevermore had. That's kinda what I was thinking in my head when I saw that match up come about. And if that fails, he can always hit Overkill over the head with his 'portable' computer. @loll@

Or Zarana could sabotage Overkill...That'd be a good storyline Zarana helping him beat some Cobras...he helps Zarana out against Joes...just a thought

OK, 11 votes into bracket #2, round 1, and some interesting trends are starting to develop:

There's the Major Bludd whoopin' Torpedo's booty trend in the first match up 10-1.

There's the see-saw, flames vs. flamer trend with BBQ holding a narrow lead 6-5.

Then we have the see-saw, flames vs. flame...hey wait a minute! Torch leads that one 7-4.

Then the "I'll avenge my brother!" And the "Aren't you a steakhouse?" trend with Xamot rallying to make it respectable at 6-5 in favor of Outback.

There's also the horror show vs. Horror Show trend, with the croc loving Cobra out in front 8-3. This one's for Steve Irwin.

In the 'my outfit is more ridiculous then yours fight, we see that football will prevail in the fall as falcons fly south. (huh? whatever.) Gridiron says "I'm no Rock, but I'm winning 9-2." He really did say that.

Serpentor simply had to say "You will lose, this I command!" To bounce back from a 2-1 deficit. He then proceeded to pound Scarlett with his snake to come out with a 8-3 lead.

Lastly, we have the 'it's not a cold, it's a virus' trend that seems to be setting Overkill back 9-2.

More updates are on the way after we get some more votes!

Torpedo (got to go with the SEAL!)

BBQ

Torch

Outback

Horror Show

CPT Gridiron

Scarlett

Mainframe