Let the Tournament Begin

Crimson Twins

OK, now that we've got all our combatants, here's the line up. I broke up the matches into 4 brackets of 8 mathces each. I will list each match up for one bracket at a time. Rules are simple. You have one day to post who you think would win in a one on one, no weapons fight for all 8 matches. After 24 hours I will tally the votes, and we'll move onto the next bracket. After all brackets have completed the first round, we will begin the second round in the same fashion. These match ups were selected randomly by the ol' paper in a hat method (with the exception of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow). I had two hats. One Joe names, one Cobra names, to give us Joe vs Cobra for the first round. After that, it could be Joe vs Joe, or Cobra vs Cobra.

Anyway, here is Bracket #1, Round #1:

Cobra Mortal

vs.

Quick Kick

Gnawgahyde

vs.

Shipwreck

Scalpel

vs.

MAJ Barrage

Interrogator

vs.

Law (no Order)

Cobra EEL

vs.

The Fridge

Venomous Maximus

vs.

Link

Tomax

vs.

Gung Ho

Razorclaw

vs.

Lifeline

You need not post the matches when posting your picks. A list of eight names would work just fine.

Now start picking!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after the first 7 votes, we have two matches that seem pretty tight.

After getting a 3-1 lead on the Fridge, EEL is now trailing 4-3.

And Shipwreck and Gnawgahyde keep trading votes. Shippy is currently up 4-3, but that could change at a moment's notice.

So far, we only have one unanimous leader. MAJ Barrage has received every possible vote through the first 7.

It's been bad for the medics, too. Lifeline only has one vote, and Scalpel has none. Ouch. Guess their lovers, not fighters.

Keep voting, and I'll keep updating as much as possible.

MAJ Barrage (scalpel really got screwed in the 1st rd didn't he)

Yeah, it would seem that way. He's yet to get one vote. Even Lifeline got one vote for him. Cobra's taking a serious butt whoopin' in that match up. Overall, bracket #1 seems to be leaning towards the Joe side 5-3 right now.

I'm really excited at the turn out so far. I remember some rounds last year that we barely got 6 votes. To have 14 in just a few hours is great. Thanks for the awesome turn out. Now, let's get caught up on our match ups:

It looked like Quick Kick was going to make quick work of Cobra Mortal, but a few chrome loving fans out there have pulled the Cobra assassin within 4 votes of a tie. It might be too little too late, though. We'll see. Quick Kick's ahead 9-5.

Shipwreck and Gnawgahyde are having a knock-down-drag-out brawl. The sly sailor is ahead by two votes, but the Dreadnok poacher has been able to come back from this far earlier. Will there be enough votes, or will the Joes get another victory? Tune in, and vote.

MAJ Barrage vs. Scalpel. I really can't even call it a match. Maybe we'll just say that Scalpel was busy that day. Or maybe he called in sick, and brought in a doctor's note. It would take 15 straight votes for Scalpel to knock off Barrage. Better luck next year Scalpel. Maybe he can go patch up Lifeline who's being cut to ribbons by Razorclaw.

The rest are looking kinda bleak, with the closest match up being 4-10 in favor of the Fridge over a poor Cobra EEL. What was once looking like a good match with the underdog actually putting up a good fight, now looks like a big up hill battle for the Cobra frogman.

Come on out and support your favs. Help them make that last little run that puts them right back in the fight, or puts them way over the top. I'll be back with more updates later.

this is pretty cool, I wasn't around for any of the previous incarnations of this before so I must say that I am excited to see how it comes out. How long does the voting for each round go for?

Only one day per round, per bracket. So tomorrow, we will declare the winners for Bracket #1, and move onto Bracket #2, round 1. We'll do that for all four brackets. So round 1 will be 4 days. This happens for 4 rounds, until will have our Fatal Four. Those last four combatants battle it out in a 4-way death match (in other words, a poll will be done to determine the final winner). Then, when the smoke clears, one final victor will be announced as the Toughest Joe/Cobra of them all. Then, just for argument's sake, I will have a very special match for the winner. oops, I've said too much. @hmmm@

I think last year, things got a bit dragged out because I was traveling between Iraq and Kuwait a lot, and couldn't be there to end some rounds on time. I should be home for all of this one, so I'll try to keep things going smoothly. And I'll try to add some of my commentaries in there like I have been doing. That's something else that got left out the first time. I think that helped contribute to people losing interest. It kinda got stale after a while. Hopefully, I can liven it up enough to keep it fresh. If we continue to get the awesome turn out that we've had so far for this first bracket, I might even have a loser's bracket. That way even if your man lost in the first round, he'll still have a shot to win it all. But I'm not going to get TOO far ahead of myself just yet. We'll see how it goes.

My votes:

Quick Kick

Shipwreck

Barrage

Interrogator

EEL

Venomous Maximus

Gung Ho

and I'll be the second for Lifeline. His problem is he doesn't like to fight. But when he has to,the dude can kick butt. Saw him beat the crap out of Horror Show once in the old Marvel comic.

Quick Kick

Shipwreck

Scalpel

Interrogator

The Fridge

Venomous Maximus

Gung Ho

Razorclaw