My official Roadbot thread...

meiklejohn86

Soo.... I live in BC Canada, and I found that my local Superstore has a million Road-Bot (Roadbot?) Landcruisers (not sure what scale they are up on a storage shelf). I havent seen any on online auction sites... Where and what are these things and how come nobody seems to care about them they are rediculously cool.

Give me all your info! Let the @smilepunch@ commence!

Oh ok I just looked at the Happywell website, looks like the one I saw was 1/18 scale.

I haven't actually bought one yet... I figured, since they were at Superstore and I hadn't seen them at good stores before I wouldn't bother until I had advice from the transformers collecting community. I have no idea about price, they were on a storage shelf high above the floor. Also, they had tons, i wasn't worried about them being sold out any time soon. Next time I'm there I might grab one though, or just take some pics while in the store ^_^

the landcruiser one sucks.

all the others have detailed interiors, working doors, hoods, etc. they are much more complicated to transform too :)

the landcruiser one is like an oversized basic transformer, while the other roadbots are like oversized alternators

I haven't actually bought one yet... I figured, since they were at Superstore and I hadn't seen them at good stores before I wouldn't bother until I had advice from the transformers collecting community. I have no idea about price, they were on a storage shelf high above the floor. Also, they had tons, i wasn't worried about them being sold out any time soon. Next time I'm there I might grab one though, or just take some pics while in the store ^_^

I know what your talking about but there not out here in the US

Thats possibly one reason why people aren;t posting and some don't know what they are

EDIT: I just found this commercial on the roadbots site

http://www.roadbots.com/

They have the nerve to say "Transform"?

The Gobots would avoid this by saying convert

If they ever come out I want one

Rip-off's! THey don't look too bad, but they definitely look a bit too much like a "counterfeit Tf"... :unsure:

"They have the nerve to say "Transform"?"

its a verb.. you can't copyright that :P anyone in any company could use that word

same with transforming

I'm transforming my gobot right now!

Rip-off's! THey don't look too bad, but they definitely look a bit too much like a "counterfeit Tf"... :unsure:

which is why I like them so much! A company actually gave us exactly what a typical Transformer toy would in almost evrey way, except the heads are a little wonky lol

rarely does another company come this close to matching the design asthetics of Transformers.

its nice for a change :)

Loblaws who owns Superstore bought a container of the Land Cruiser earlier this year. They have distributed all of these to their stores across Canada. So far no one in the US has imported any of these but that will soon be changing. I am importing the whole line of these due to arrive stateside in November. To help promote this a few of the Roadbots are going to be given out for free. You can view the details on www.roadbots.com and enter the contest there.

I have received Samples of almost all of them except the Lamborghini which is still in final Production. I believe that we are going to be the getting some of the first ones done.

So far I have been very happy with them. While there is for sure some Alt influence in them, they are different toys. You can really see that in the later ones which are very differnt than the first ones. I mean, lets face it, there are only so many ways you can make a car into a Robot.

Spencer.

the quality I would say is the same as any large toy. It is plastic but not knock off plastic as many believe them to be. The cars are all painted very well and not just coloured plastic. They have been designed with the car mode as forethought and the robot mode as an afterthought and that does show for many of them. Some of the robot limbs are kind of lame and could use a little more detail to them. Head sculpts are OK but again could use a little more development. The new heads seem to be better than some of the older ones. Rubber tires and lots of chrome. They are worth $20 IMO if not for size alone. The 1:12 scale ones are huge. You can see some comparison images here: http://www.agesthreeandupforum.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=878.

Each one has its good points and each one has its flaws. Some can be posed great while others are a little bit lacking. As I said before, the car modes are all great. Car logs, opening doors, trunks and hoods, lights and sounds. There is a lot of appeal to these, if you can put asside that they are NOT Transformers name brand.

Spencer.

Update!!

I went back to Superstore today, they still have all 10 they had the last 2 times I have been there (I guess having them out of reach means people don't buy them... DUH!)

Anyways, I had a lady check the price for me after snagging one of the top of the pile by way of reaching with a golf club. Turns out it (the 1/18 scale landcruiser) is $20 Canadian. Considering that is the least appealing of the car modes for me, I decided not to buy it in the hopes that I will see the other models soon.

Again, I would have pics but I couldn't afford to spend the money... How come these aren't on eBizzle yet???