TRU sale... BUY 2 GET 1 FREE!!!

JoeRhyno

I didn't mean you, I just meant people in general, it's hard to take into account what people see/say on the net these days... so I just wanted to show proof, that's all... if anything, I wonder if it's supposed to start next week, seeing how it goes till OCT 7th.. maybe these guys just put it up and in the system a week early, I dunno... at any rate, here's the sign I snagged(they had 2 huge ones in front of the section, and like 6 of these posted across a lot of the pegs.. thoguth it'd be easier than sneaking in my huge digi-cam, lol)...

TRU.jpg

sorry it's a huge pic.. but that's some tiny print there ;)

Someone should try asking a cashier to ring up three items anyway.. just incase... I'm jonesin' for this store to restock their joes section with some SB packs, lol.. I'd get 3-6 of those for this price.

The sale does go through 10-7-06...

The official sales flyer lists only Power Rangers and Transformers in the "Buy 2-Get 1 Free" sale...as far as action figures go. Neither Star Wars nor GI Joe are part of the sale. This is why some of you aren't able to use this deal on merchandise from those lines.

As far as the online offers, TRU.com is actually a completely seperate entity from the brick-and-mortar stores and thus has different merchandise on sale than you find in stores...but the stores do not honor online sales and vice-versa. We've turned away many customers who have asked us about that. And we can't get many of them to understand that we have nothing to do with the online site...because we both share the same name. The only way we will take back an item that was purchased online is if we ALSO carry it in our stores. If it's an "available online only" kind of thing, then you're SOL on trying to return it to a store. It's like how the Disney Store and the Walt Disney Company have nothing to do with each other than the use of the name and merchandising rights. Yes, you can buy 2 AT-ATs from TRU.com and get the 3rd one free...but you can't do it in stores.

But as I told Joe, sometimes we'll add unadvertised merchandise onto an ongoing sale if there is a considerable overstock of said merchandise. This may be why some people are finding some of the GI Joe DTC stuff also on sale right now, but that's on a completely local-store basis.

But as I told Joe, sometimes we'll add unadvertised merchandise onto an ongoing sale if there is a considerable overstock of said merchandise. This may be why some people are finding some of the GI Joe DTC stuff also on sale right now, but that's on a completely local-store basis.

thanks for chiming in...lol... I wonder if that store put Joes on sale to get rid of the 40 tunnle rats they had @loll@

Okay guys, I got the inside scoop on why that store had them Buy 2 get one free... I stoppe din a TRU today that had the SB 6-packs and I saw a manager, so I mentioned to him the store that I saw them on sale and, I asked him why just that store an dhe told me that the store I saw them at is a test store for this region, they get put a lot of their stuff on sale a week in advance, so that's why they have some stuff on sale that others dont... he said that the GI Joes will be on sale next week as part of their buy 2 get one free sale. He told me to hang on to my receipt and I could bring it back and they'll refund me the difference :)

So if any of you have bought them I hope you have your receipt.. I know Xhairs said he bought 3.. you should be able to take it in and get your money back for one of them.

Hope that helps clear things up.. and hops some of the local TRUs stock up their joes for next week, lol.

-Joe

Oh thank God! I was hoping to get a couple more Plague/Brigade packs and this will make it very easy to get my fill. Lets also hope that the Viper packs come in in time for the sale!

Great! I was at A locat TRU and they wouldn't do it for me!!!!

Got my Sunday Paper with all the ads...

And Yes JOERHYNO is not a lying #*!@ after all... @smilepunch@

ALL JOES now nationwide are BUY 2 Get 1 Free at TRUs.

So just wanted to bump the post.

Oh and here is a pic

dsc00233vt4.jpg

In case anyone wants to call me a lying bastard... @hmmm@

@smilepunch@

Oh, and the paper also has a 10% off coupon or a Deal and No Deal scan.

You could win a million if you choose Deal.

i was trying to get the deal yesterday but they said no, but i am going to take my receipt and get my free guy at tru ts.

It took some doing, But I was able to get it. The first guy was not cool.

@grumpy@ "We can't honor that."

Jcast: "I called and was told it was valid."

@grumpy@ "We can't except something printed from the computer"

Jcast:"Ok. But Why would it be valid in Illinois, but not PA?"

@grumpy@ "We can't accept it."

Jcast: "Can I talk to someone else?"

@grumpy@ "No!"

I finally left the store and called corporate, but they couldn't do anything until monday. I decided to go back in to check if they had more. They did not, but I asked the manager (as opposed to the other fellow who apparently was not). to hold it. I then told him my situation. He agreed to do it, but asked for the pic that was posted here (of the sale flyer).

Jcast, are you talking about the buy 2 get one free sale, or the $5 off coupon?

If the coupon, I wouldn't plan on gettting far with it.. it's a coupon that was available at store level.. someone scanned it and it's been whored all over the message boards.. if you get the right cashier, then yeah, it'll work.. cause technically, it's "still valid(by date)" but if you look at the bottom, it says "void if copied"

That means even scanned and printed out... stores are going to have to start checking for stuff like this now that the digital age is here... copied doesnt' mean photocopied anymore.

If it's the sale you're talking about, it should be nation wide.. it's even buy 2 get one free on the website.