X-men classics Rogue: over-rated?

Duck Face

I just got Nightcrawler, ultimate Iceman, and Rogue today. While I loved the first two, I have a lot of problems with Rogue. I will say the sculpt looks incredible, one of the best legend style females in that sense. The articulation, on the otherhand, leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, there is no waist movement. Out of all points of articulation, I'd say that's one of the most important, so I can't understand why they would leave it out. Also, back and forward leg movement is greatly constricted because of the way the crotch is molded. The legs only move forward about half way and don't move back at all. I know some people are going to say that this is just whining about a great figure and that "some people are never satisfied", but I think that these are legitimate complaints, especially in a line that's know for it's articulation.

I'll share my thoughts on the figure when hell freezes over and I find one.

Same with me!

Cool. I guess I am one of the few who have found it.

I would have to agree to an extent. I never even noticed the lack of waist articulation so I guess that doesn't bother me. But I do have to agree with the leg articulation. Very restricted. But Over all the figure is still one of the best female "legends" thust far. Seems there is a long running problem with leg articulation on the female figures. Black Widow has the same lack of hipjoint movement. Electa/Box set Rogue has that freaky upper thigh joint.

But over all the x-treme Rogue is beautifly made. I can over look the small flaws.

I have it! Bwah hahahaha!

Sorry.... but I do, and it's a really nice figure.

Cool. I guess I am one of the few who have found it.

I would have to agree to an extent. I never even noticed the lack of waist articulation so I guess that doesn't bother me. But I do have to agree with the leg articulation. Very restricted. But Over all the figure is still one of the best female "legends" thust far. Seems there is a long running problem with leg articulation on the female figures. Black Widow has the same lack of hipjoint movement. Electa/Box set Rogue has that freaky upper thigh joint.

But over all the x-treme Rogue is beautifly made. I can over look the small flaws.

I was bummed to see the fig has no waist cut. The restricted hips is also a bummer. Come to think of it, I think the Iron Spidey fig due out in Spider-Man Origins has no waist-cut, either. Now for Rogue, that's one thing but, for all-sortsa-contortin' Spidey, that's just a sin.

I'll Tenth that!! Umm...are we still playing that game? @hmmm@

I'm waiting for the green and yellow variant though.

I grabbed mine and didn't even notice the lack of articulation mentioned.

My main problem with mine is the right ball-joint for the thighs is literally stuck to the thigh itself, and the joint for the ball itself is so horribly loose that I can grab the leg and spin her around like a top.

Also the fact that the left forearm (forearm? the part right before the wrist), is messed up because of packaging. They just HAD to twisty tie her hand at her hip, so the elbow joint is all stretched out and her arm bends at an odd rounded way. So the only way she looks normal now is if she has her hand on her hip.

Bah.

I'll Tenth that!! Umm...are we still playing that game? @hmmm@

I'm waiting for the green and yellow variant though.

Same, I want all of series 3 MOC but I want the green and yellow Rogue opened.

Regular Iceman too.

Yep, I remember when the yellow and green costume was the norm in the cartoon and comics, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Series 3 is the best XMC wave by far, I'm hoping to also pick-up Avalanche, Colossus, Iceman and Bobby Drake.

I think Rogue is awesome. I think when I find the Yellow and Green Rogue it will be awesomer ... er ... more awesome. The fact she can't twist at her waist does bother me .... but everything else about her is pretty awesome.

I don't have this Rogue yet (not a fan of the Xtreme costume or the Jim Lee one either). Sad to hear about the lack of a waist.

However, people can't move their legs backward very far anyway Doesn't work in reality. You can bend forward at the waist and contract your butt a bit to do a mule kick, but you're leg isn't really bending backward. Unless you're a contortionist and are double-jointed.

However, I don't have the figure, so I'm not sure how limited the leg movement is.