New Apocalypse Baseplate

Damien

I'm rather unsatisfied with the base that came with my Apocalypse: It looks weird with some of the poses, and other poses tip the base over -- he's just too heavy for the flimsy base he has.

So I've decided to make something from scratch. The little lady is pretty talented in that kind of thing - from years of working with sculpting and miniatures and such. We're going to start with a shaped piece of wood (such as you can find in pretty much any wood or craft store) and sculpt something nifty onto it.

My original idea was to do mounds of skulls for him to stand on. But I don't know. . . I want something that looks natural for Apocalypse. I also want it to look natural for Mr. Sinister, as I may end up having both of them on the same base.

So, I want your opinions and suggestions on what design might work well with Apocalypse and possibly Sinister.

If it turns out well, which I think it will, I'm also going to start designing home-made bases for the various figures I have and plan to get that don't come with bases at all, or come with really lame ones (ex; brown Wolvie).

Any ideas?

Why not try something that looks like its ancient tiered stone steps--with cracks and some uneven slabs etc.

Make it out of plaster or cast resin, maybe with a wood foundation.

This kind of thing is a bit more generic, but it would work well with a number of characters.

Both are good suggestions, and I like the idea of a pile of skulls. Thinking about Apocalypses' past, though, how about an Egyptian burial casket, like King Tut's? The full Egyptian burial casket, like that of other ancient pharoahs, complete with head-dress and facial make-up painted/sculpted onto the large casket?