DC Superheros Series 4 Found

FirefighterDon

My local WM received a case a few hours ago...and got my Luthor and Darkseid. Now, I'm a little iffy on this Darkseid...I'm considering of getting the DC Direct Return of Supergirl version....hmm...

For those who has that DC Direct version...which is better?

Also, when is the variant Superman and Supergirl supposed to come out?

kndy

You decide, I couldnt, gotta have both :D

IM00273211.JPG

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have passed on all three of the previous sets as they just didnt look right to me. But this set definatly is a keeper and has brought me onboard. I snagged Braniac, Darksied and Luthor today and let me say, these things compare quite well with any marvel legends. If they do any more figs in their classic looks I think i'll have to snap them up. Im hoping for a classic supergirl and robin, as well as a few more new gods.

I found Brainiac; I love the guy! Just like classic b-movie robots!

As usual I only found the residue of the wave....Brainiac had to have been luck. All that's left is series 3 Batman and Seires 4 Superman (and god knows what the heck possesed them to bring that out!).

I think I'll get Luthor too! If I can find him.....I still haven't found Azrael either! I don't think I will if they have started with series 4 already...

I still haven't found Azrael either! I don't think I will if they have started with series 4 already...

That is exactly what I am worried about too. I only saw series three once (12 Batman, 2 Robin, 1 Mr. Freeze down a different aisle) before I first saw series four (oddly enough 12 Superman, 2 Brainiac, none others). Now all I see is series four. I was lucky enough to at least find one Darkseid and one Lex Luthor.

I have encountered Series 4 on three different occasions at two different Targets. Everytime, Darkseid was there, along with Superman and Braniac (obviously), but no Luthor! I've never seen Lex in stores yet! Clearly, people don't care as much about Darkseid as they do about Luthor!

I have encountered Series 4 on three different occasions at two different Targets. Everytime, Darkseid was there, along with Superman and Braniac (obviously), but no Luthor! I've never seen Lex in stores yet! Clearly, people don't care as much about Darkseid as they do about Luthor!

Even parents only impulse buying for their kids would have to know about Lex Luthor from Gene Hackman's portrayal in the old movies alone.

Which begs the question how the hell could Mattel have chosen Lex Luthor of all of Superman's villians to only be 1 per case? :wacko:

I can see many non-comic fans not knowing Darkseid or Brainiac, but come on, "it's Lex-freakin'-Luthor!" Make him 2 per case at least. @pow@

Well darn! Lex was the only other one I was interested in! You'd think they would have learned case ratios by now for pete's sake....it was bad enough with He-Man. Now I see that Batman everywhere (however awesome he may be) and nothing else!

......Do they just want a particular figure clogging the shelves? Is that it?

BTW, Does Superman look possesed to anyone else?

I thought it looked more like he stepped on a rake and it swung up and hit 'em in the face...

....you know, if he could feel pain. Going on how ugly that thing is I suppose it's just an imposter anyhow. So he got rake-faced.

How many of you are finding the variant Supes and Supergirl? Haven't seen any yet, and just found a fresh case at Meijer today, but no variants. I did happen to pick up Brainiac, Luthor, and Darkseid. Its kinda funny, the only reason I even stopped is because a friend called, said he found Darkseid and Brainiac at one of the other Meijer's in town, so I told him I'd swing by another one on my way home from work, and sure enough, fresh case on the pegs! Darkseid and Luthor are definately must haves!

Oh and the price per fig....$7.99! I hadn't checked prices on these in a while because I was waiting for series 4 to hit here, but when I noticed it today I was very pleased to say the least. Hate to see peeps say their stores are still charging $10 or more.

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you are finding the variant Supes and Supergirl? Haven't seen any yet, and just found a fresh case at Meijer today, but no variants. I did happen to pick up Brainiac, Luthor, and Darkseid. Its kinda funny, the only reason I even stopped is because a friend called, said he found Darkseid and Brainiac at one of the other Meijer's in town, so I told him I'd swing by another one on my way home from work, and sure enough, fresh case on the pegs! Darkseid and Luthor are definately must haves!

Oh and the price per fig....$7.99! I hadn't checked prices on these in a while because I was waiting for series 4 to hit here, but when I noticed it today I was very pleased to say the least. Hate to see peeps say their stores are still charging $10 or more.

Yeah does these variants even exist? Im not even seeing them on ebay. Which is odd. Considering how messed up the case ratios already are, factor in variants I can already forsee these being impossible to find.

I don't think the variants exists, yet. I've only read a single sketchy report that someone supposedly found the dark Superman. No pictures. I've never seen it on Ebay and I've never heard anybody else say they've found it at any other legit website/forum. I say it will be a running change (if it's even going to happen) in later cases.

finally got myself a Darksied and an Azrael so now i'm raring for the next wave, the Steel and Parasite looked amazing at the cons. i also would love a Clayface and Manbat, i mean hell if they're only gonna give us Supes and Bat villians might as well get the cool ones out :D

I hate Mattel........ I finally found a sniff of a new wave. Wave 3 never hit and finally Target got wave 4. BUt since I have no faith in my crappy Target I missed the Darksead and Lex. I did get Brainiac thankfully. He is pretty sweet, glad to have a new fig in this line!! Can't wait to get the Batgirl in a few days and hopefully find Azreal, Lex and Darksead soon.

Draven

Guest DavAnthony

Wow, something that we agree on. I like the new Braniac too, picked this up today. Pretty sweat looking figure. I just hope that Mattel improves their case ratios.

I hate Mattel........ I finally found a sniff of a new wave. Wave 3 never hit and finally Target got wave 4. BUt since I have no faith in my crappy Target I missed the Darksead and Lex. I did get Brainiac thankfully. He is pretty sweet, glad to have a new fig in this line!! Can't wait to get the Batgirl in a few days and hopefully find Azreal, Lex and Darksead soon.

Draven

KB Toys has Darkseid in stock.

PJ

The Target in Ithaca, NY is all Superman, no Braniacs, and a lone Darkseid at the front of the pegs, which has been sitting there for weeks now.

No Lex. Never any Lex.

These things are not moving. Another wonderful variety and brilliant case assortment by Mattel. Don't expect this line to last much longer. I think stores are getting fed up.

Toy companies don't seem to understand that when it comes to Marvel and DC, it's not about making figures for kids. Kids are not going to buy the whole series, one or more in box and one or more to open, plus extras for customs, doubles if one breaks, etc. Kids don't have that kind of money, and most parents aren't going to buy a whole set for their kids right off. Most kids today don't even read comic books and so while they might know of the chatacters, they aren't as attached or dedicated to them. So, when it comes down to a punch n' puke wrestling figure or some other cool figure, it's a coin toss.

Marvel Legends can't stay on the shelf because you've got like 12 different figures to collect, unprecedented and, as of yet, unmatched articulation, superb paint jobs, comics, build-a-figure pieces, etc. all for a low, low price!

Mattel offers you 4 over-priced figures and you can consider yourself damned lucky if you get a crappy accessory like a Teddy bear, a car axle, or a remote control.

F*** you too, Mattel. F*** you.

The Target in Ithaca, NY is all Superman, no Braniacs, and a lone Darkseid at the front of the pegs, which has been sitting there for weeks now.

No Lex. Never any Lex.

These things are not moving. Another wonderful variety and brilliant case assortment by Mattel. Don't expect this line to last much longer. I think stores are getting fed up.

Toy companies don't seem to understand that when it comes to Marvel and DC, it's not about making figures for kids. Kids are not going to buy the whole series, one or more in box and one or more to open, plus extras for customs, doubles if one breaks, etc. Kids don't have that kind of money, and most parents aren't going to buy a whole set for their kids right off. Most kids today don't even read comic books and so while they might know of the chatacters, they aren't as attached or dedicated to them. So, when it comes down to a punch n' puke wrestling figure or some other cool figure, it's a coin toss.

Marvel Legends can't stay on the shelf because you've got like 12 different figures to collect, unprecedented and, as of yet, unmatched articulation, superb paint jobs, comics, build-a-figure pieces, etc. all for a low, low price!

Mattel offers you 4 over-priced figures and you can consider yourself damned lucky if you get a crappy accessory like a Teddy bear, a car axle, or a remote control.

F*** you too, Mattel. F*** you.

well said sir, well said.