DC Superheros Series 4 Found

FirefighterDon

The problem with the case ratios is that Mattel used the first series as a barometer. I think part of the reason it didn't work is because Bane and Scarecrow were already released overseas and many collectors already used other avenues to get those 2. Also, many skipped on Killer Croc because it was only a head resculpt and different paint apps. Even with retail pressure, I think they should have stuck with the 3:2:2:1 case ratio that wave 2 had for a while longer. I don't see the point in having 4 Batman or 4 Superman per case when they just sit on the pegs, especially with the poor decision to repack the 2-pack Superman in wave 4.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I though that the current custome Supergirl was part of wave 4

So did I until I saw the pics on these boards of the backs of the packages of wave 4. The Supergirl figure depicted is a variant of the Linda Danvers one from the first Superman wave of this line. The only changes are black skirt and black boots. I was hoping the variant was going to be the Kara Zor-El figure but I guess they really had to make room for Brainiac or something.

Hmm...anyone in California see these? I've just seen the Superman/Bizarro two pack so far...no series 4 and no Batman/Batgirl either.

If they did have it...I guess they need to sell out of series 2 and series 3 which are still filling the pegs.

In my area, only the Freeze and Azrael are selling. For series 2, just Doomsday.

kndy

Hmm...anyone in California see these? I've just seen the Superman/Bizarro two pack so far...no series 4 and no Batman/Batgirl either.

If they did have it...I guess they need to sell out of series 2 and series 3 which are still filling the pegs.

In my area, only the Freeze and Azrael are selling. For series 2, just Doomsday.

kndy

I seen and purchased brainy yesterday so they are showin up on our neck of the woods

Found Darkseid 2 days ago at my local Wally world! This is the definitive version of Darkseid! The only thing lacking IMO is his eyes lighting up to simulate the omega beam effect. The 4HM did an outstanding job in sculpting this figure! They do with all their DCSH figures! This Darkseid figure also looks very John Byrnish as well which is cool, cuz he drew an awesome Darkseid as well as anyone ever has!

Darkseid1-1.jpg

Darkseid2.jpg

darkseidfrontview.jpg

darkseidbackview.jpg

darkseidpointing.jpg

darkseid7scale.jpg

Perfect scale, he's just shy of 7'.

Totally blows away the Turner Darkseid!

I picked up Lex and Braniac last week and I was able to track down Darkseid today at Walmart in Columbus. In my opinion, this line has been getting better with each wave. Definitely not for the packaging or case ratios, but for the figures themselves. If you count the 2 all-new figures in the Target 2-packs, Mattel has released 16 DCSH in the first year. Not bad, but I hope we get the next wave early in 2007.

Got lucky today! @hmmm@ Stopped at a Walmart in Colorado and found a Darkseid, Luthor, and Brainiac. They only had 1 of Darkseid and Luthor and 3 Brainiacs. AWESOME figures! This line is just blowing away DC Direct!

Now to find that Batgirl 2-pk from Target.....

Got lucky today! @hmmm@ Stopped at a Walmart in Colorado and found a Darkseid, Luthor, and Brainiac. They only had 1 of Darkseid and Luthor and 3 Brainiacs. AWESOME figures! This line is just blowing away DC Direct!

Oh, ok...I see how it is...you go into my state and buy all the cool figures @hmmm@

As long as your back to your old stopping grounds, we're cool. (j/k)

Oh, ok...I see how it is...you go into my state and buy all the cool figures @hmmm@

As long as your back to your old stopping grounds, we're cool. (j/k)

@lol@

Sorry bud! I've been working and living in Colorado for the past 6 months. I call Phoenix, AZ home, but before that I lived in Colorado for 22 years. BTW, I found them in Pueblo, CO......not exactly your area. :P

Ah, you found these in Pueblo, CO, cool.

The figures you found, Darkseid, Brainiac and Lex, look great from what I've seen, so enjoy them. I may just need to make a trip to Pueblo myself :)

Hey congrats Jase!! I wish I could find anything past wave 2 around me. @loll@

Draven

Hey! I didn't know that you were buying DCSH!

How have you been? Less than two weeks until I'm back to having internet daily! Not sure if I'll be in Phoenix or in Colorado though......

Hey congrats Jase!! I wish I could find anything past wave 2 around me. @loll@

Draven

Hey! I didn't know that you were buying DCSH!

How have you been? Less than two weeks until I'm back to having internet daily! Not sure if I'll be in Phoenix or in Colorado though......

Of course!! I love them, though I fear they may not last. I hope so though!! :) I have all of them up to series 2. Never seen series 3 or 4. Though 4 is the one I really want. Only want one fig from 3. I think the 2 pack with Batgirl is my most wanted though!

Been good, but busy myself! Glad to hear you are about to get settled again with the net and things!

Draven

My local WM received a case a few hours ago...and got my Luthor and Darkseid. Now, I'm a little iffy on this Darkseid...I'm considering of getting the DC Direct Return of Supergirl version....hmm...

For those who has that DC Direct version...which is better?

Also, when is the variant Superman and Supergirl supposed to come out?

kndy