DC Superheros Series 4 Found

FirefighterDon

I was walking through the local Miejer and I was looking at the figures and what do i see? A whole bunch of series 3 Batman, and then Brainaic from DC series 4 looking at me. So I start drooling while I look and hope to find Darksied and Luthor. But they only had 3 Brainiacs and a few Superman figures. The Superman is Different from the one Released with the second series his jaw isn't as square and Uniform as a black wash to it. I was also surprised to see they had comic books with them too. Given they were the same books that came with Series 2 Bizzaro and Superman, but still. How cool is that. Then when I look at the back of the package they show Our Worlds at War Superman with the black S shield. I hadn't even heard about him as a figure I'm pumped. So yeah if you guys want to see some pics let me know.

Don

@firedevil@

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wave 4 found in Omaha NE. The case breakdown seems to be this:

4 Supermen (from the old Batman Line)

2 Brainiacs

1 Luthor

1 Darksied

When I got there they must have just put them out so I was able to grab Luthor, Darksied, and Brainiac. The Supes have an ugly wash to them. The real gems are the chase Supergirl (Black skirt and Black Boots, and Superman with Black emblem). I personally think such a heavy Superman ratio will kill this wave because I just see those sitting. I found these Wednesday afternoon at Walmart.

Sigh Mattel and their ratios at work.

Yeah, I can't believe these case ratios either. I just saw all of wave 3 at walmart. A Freez, an Azrial, 10 Batmans and 6 Robins (more or less). Funny thing, I actually don't care about Azrial and I'm not dying to own Mr. Freez. I think Batman and Robin are awesome.....yes, I know people hate Robin, but that new paint job IS cool.

Just need to find me a Luthor from the new wave. I'm not worried.

Yes, the ratios are lousy, but the bigger let-down for me is that they are packed with DCSH Wave 2's comics again... #WTF#

actually, funny thing about when i found series 4, they actually had all three villains, which i got, and maybe 2 of the POS re-released Supes, and thats AFTER the lot had been gone through by someone before me, so maybe you got bogus cases, but mine had some villains to spare, and I didnt find the world at war supes or dark supergirl

i really love all those villains though, they're seriously awesome.

as of today, i still have not seen doomsday in package and had to get him in a trade. no chance of seeing wave 3 either as the pegs are jam packed full of supes & supergirl. another thing that pisses me off is the target 2 pack, i wasted an extra 5 for both single packs when they were going to release the same guys in a 2 pack for cheap. god damn mattel, when will you get a f'n clue. pack some more unique characters stop with the endless batman & supermans.

4 of those crappy Superman figures per case? WTF!

Brilliant move Mattel. :rolleyes:

Did they learn nothing from their MOTU debacle?

I guess DCSH was fun while it lasted...

Nope, Mattel won't learn because they don't care. I spoke with someone at the .org forums the other day about the reasons why MotU failed the second time around and the whole case ratio and bad marketing thing came up. The guy who I spoke with said he used to be in on the inside of Mattel and pretty much summed up that Mattel is really only concerned with profits and don't care much about what the consumers want out of their action figure lines.

It appears DC Superheroes might have a similar fate to the MotU revival considering that my local stores skipped the first Superman wave of figures because they bought up all of the Batman wave up in full stock that they are still having trouble selling them off.

Don't worry these bad business practices are already coming to bite them in the ass. Mattel is still the #1 toymaker in the world I think, but Hasbro is DAMN close, and although many of their practices are annoying like repaints filling out a line, overall I think they do a much better job meeting customer satisfaction and listening to fans. For what could eventually be a monopoly, I support Hasbro (for now). I would like to see more smaller companies being accepted by Wal-Mart, like Sota, but I highly doubt it'll ever happen. Then again Toys R Us has always been pretty good with getting small company/foreign toy lines.

Found series 4 today. Wal-Mart had 4 supes 2 brainiacs 1 darkseid and 1 luthor. I got the luthor and darkseid. I didn't like the brainiac or supes, i'll pass on them. No sign of any variants.

4 of those crappy Superman figures per case? WTF!

Brilliant move Mattel. :rolleyes:

Did they learn nothing from their MOTU debacle?

I guess DCSH was fun while it lasted...

Nope, Mattel won't learn because they don't care. I spoke with someone at the .org forums the other day about the reasons why MotU failed the second time around and the whole case ratio and bad marketing thing came up. The guy who I spoke with said he used to be in on the inside of Mattel and pretty much summed up that Mattel is really only concerned with profits and don't care much about what the consumers want out of their action figure lines.

It appears DC Superheroes might have a similar fate to the MotU revival considering that my local stores skipped the first Superman wave of figures because they bought up all of the Batman wave up in full stock that they are still having trouble selling them off.

I hope that doesn't happen because I like this line alot. I hope that someone at Mattel wakes up and realizes that they're making a big mistake with their case ratios, but that proabaly wishful thinking and will never happen

This line is so dead in the water already imo, and I like it sadly. :( No cases on series 3 have hit any Walmart or Target near me and now 4 is out. Way to much clutter of wave 1 and 2 around me. In fact one Target has them marked down to $5.

Draven

This line is so dead in the water already imo, and I like it sadly. :( No cases on series 3 have hit any Walmart or Target near me and now 4 is out. Way to much clutter of wave 1 and 2 around me. In fact one Target has them marked down to $5.

Draven

So it isn't just happening in my area exclusively. My area wal-mart is so bad that they still have the same Marvel legends figures on the shelves from March. As for the DC Superhero line one half of the fault is Mattel while the rest is stores like wal-mart that buy up a single wave in bulk and decide to pull the line after they don't sell off the bulk of their stock in a month or so.

Guest DavAnthony

Lines not dead, that's jumping the gun. DC sells well here by me but Sigma Six doesn't. Very little restocks for that but that doesn't mean the line is dead. So just because your store or my store doesn't get a certain product doesn't mean the thing is dead in the water

I notice a lot of people complaing about the case ratios but didnt Mattel already try evening out the ratios in the first wave? 2 Batman, 2 Killer Crocs, 2 Scarecrows, & 2 Banes. And what happened? The Batmans sold out, the scalpers lost interest in the villains because they were no longer shortpacked. I still see tons of wave 1 villians clogging the pegs everywhere. Over the long term retailers have a better chance of selling Superman & Batman "pegwarmers" than they stand of selling than the Scarecrow & Bane pegwarmers.

I notice a lot of people complaing about the case ratios but didnt Mattel already try evening out the ratios in the first wave? 2 Batman, 2 Killer Crocs, 2 Scarecrows, & 2 Banes. And what happened? The Batmans sold out, the scalpers lost interest in the villains because they were no longer shortpacked. I still see tons of wave 1 villians clogging the pegs everywhere. Over the long term retailers have a better chance of selling Superman & Batman "pegwarmers" than they stand of selling than the Scarecrow & Bane pegwarmers.

Y'know I was just thinking the same thing......in Mattel's defense they are kinda stuck in a tough situation (goes to the window to see if the world is ending). I remember a bunch of folks were complaining with the ratio of the first wave. I rarely see any Supes from wave 2. What irks me is the POS Supes is so heavily packed and the cool Worlds at War Supes (that should have been 4 to a case) is the chase....that figure is gonna be a %^$$# to find. I really don't mind a heavy Supes ratio as I don't like any of the shortpacked villians and sold mine to a local TNIer, I just wanted the Black shield Superman. If they would have heavily packed him I'd be a happy man. My gripe is that the coolest figs has to be the chase.....

I agree with the Postalboy. IMO it seems like they rather take a chance with characters like Supes and Batman warming the pegs rather than the baddies and such.

Lines not dead, that's jumping the gun. DC sells well here by me but Sigma Six doesn't.

I'm not a G.I. Joe fan but even I know why Sigma six isn't selling. It is a cheap, pale imitation of the original G.I. Joe Vs. Cobra.

Maybe the DC Superhero line isn't dead yet but it will be in my area soon if my local stores don't quit buying one wave in bulk and then skipping all of the additional waves. I'd actually like to get the Kara Zor-El figure that was supposed to be coming out this fall within my own lifetime.