64 Man Toughest Joe Tournament

Crimson Twins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interrogator

Sorry again. He's already been picked by someone else.

Stormshadow and Snake-Eyes... (are these guys eligible? I find it strange that no one picked them yet...)

Todd

Shakka85

nevermore is right, these guys were left out last time due to their insane popularity. I didn't want their 'I can beat everyone because I'm a ninja" style ruin the contest and end up with the two of them facing off in the end.

HOWEVER. I may have a solution. Much like the NCAA has that extra deciding game to fill the final spot in the tourney, I'm going to allow these two in the tournament. But, they must face each other in the first round, and only one will be allowed to continue on.

Also new this year, tiebreakers will be determined by the first three people that voted for each round. Ex: SS and SE fight to tie (likely). Yourself, nevermore, and me were the first three people to put our votes in for the round. Whoever we voted for in that tied match will determine the winner. So, if you voted SE, nevermore voted SS, and I voted SS, then SS moves on, and SE goes home. That means the quicker you vote, the more your vote counts!

With all that said, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are in.

Can those that are dead in the comics play? If so I want Quick Kick as my Joe entry. Cobra I'll go with Major Bludd.

YES. The only criteria I have is that the character must have a figure made of them. This will help me if I ever get off my lazy butt and do the dio story for this. Those that remember my promise from last time know that I'm a bit behind in my dio making. @hmmm@

So, yes, Quick Kick is in.

Hotseat

and

Warwolf (if he isnt eligible, since hes not really a cobra) then ....

a Cobra Toxo-Zombie

I'm going to go with Toxo Zombie just to keep it in the somewhat reality. Thanks for supplying an alternate.

Robo Joe

Predacon

Not conventional characters, but we'll see what happens...

If Predacon isn't eligible, then Razorclaw

Same thing as above. Again, thanks for the alternate. Although Robo Joe will still make an appearance.

No and by no, i mean yes, I just really love BBQs v1 figure

He was one of the first Joes I really remember. I had the ones back in 82-83, but I was only 4-5 y/o then. The first Joe that really stuck in my mind was BBQ. I was so happy I was able to pick up a complete one on eBay for only a buck. His face mask needed some touch up, but that's nothing I couldn't handle.

And, just in case you're wondering, his first round opponent is going to be Razorclaw. That's the only preview I can divulge at this time (besides the obvious SE / SS match up I already mentioned).

He was one of the first Joes I really remember. I had the ones back in 82-83, but I was only 4-5 y/o then. The first Joe that really stuck in my mind was BBQ. I was so happy I was able to pick up a complete one on eBay for only a buck. His face mask needed some touch up, but that's nothing I couldn't handle.

And, just in case you're wondering, his first round opponent is going to be Razorclaw. That's the only preview I can divulge at this time (besides the obvious SE / SS match up I already mentioned).

For the SS vs SE it should be commando vs ninja just to mix things up

Hey! That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to remind people prior to the match up that SE will be fighting as a COMMANDO, and not a ninja. I really like that idea.

Hey! That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to remind people prior to the match up that SE will be fighting as a COMMANDO, and not a ninja. I really like that idea.

Sweet, at least it'll make things more interesting on that front...

Interrogator

Sorry again. He's already been picked by someone else.

Stormshadow and Snake-Eyes... (are these guys eligible? I find it strange that no one picked them yet...)

Todd

Shakka85

nevermore is right, these guys were left out last time due to their insane popularity. I didn't want their 'I can beat everyone because I'm a ninja" style ruin the contest and end up with the two of them facing off in the end.

HOWEVER. I may have a solution. Much like the NCAA has that extra deciding game to fill the final spot in the tourney, I'm going to allow these two in the tournament. But, they must face each other in the first round, and only one will be allowed to continue on.

Also new this year, tiebreakers will be determined by the first three people that voted for each round. Ex: SS and SE fight to tie (likely). Yourself, nevermore, and me were the first three people to put our votes in for the round. Whoever we voted for in that tied match will determine the winner. So, if you voted SE, nevermore voted SS, and I voted SS, then SS moves on, and SE goes home. That means the quicker you vote, the more your vote counts!

Ahh you know me well! I would vote Storm Shadow!

you should put all the names in a hat and draw them out to determine the matchups. just a thought.

That's not a bad idea. I'm always game to other ideas and suggestions.

shipwreck

copperhead

Copperhead is already a go.

(joes) Law and order (do they count as one)

and

(cobra) Undertow

Yes, they would count as one. However, Order would only come into play if the other character had a pet, too. So it would be Law duking it out mostly.