House of M Gift Set

Damien

Hey everyone. I did a search on this and checked the last five pages of this board and didn't see anything mentioning this, so I'm assuming it's new:

Marvel Legends House of M Gift Set:

http://www.toybiz.com/showassort.htm?id=70407

Am I rehashing really old news here?

Yes, you're re-hashing. This has been known for several months. But if you weren't aware of it, I still appreciate the effort to provide a heads-up.

#US1#

I REALLY don't understand the choice of characters here; what about MAgs or Wanda or Quicksilver....or ANY mutants....

I just don't get it.

Well don't I feel silly. Like I said, I didn't find anything about this on a cursory search through the site. So apologies for re-hashing. Wasn't sure how new this was (I don't keep up on the news, apparently!)

But since it seems to be provoking some talk. . .

I hope Hasbro makes another Thing with that body, retool it a bit.

I'd like to see a better shot of it, but it does look really nice. I couldn't care less about FF, but it's still a cool sculpt and I may even think about picking it up just for the sake of it, if it were ever to get a solo release.

I REALLY don't understand the choice of characters here; what about MAgs or Wanda or Quicksilver....or ANY mutants....

I'm with you on that. I don't know a lot about the House of M storyline, but a few of my good friends are huge comic buffs, so I hear about it from time to time. It was my understanding that Quicksilver is an extremely popular character in the storyline, so I thought it was odd, as well, that he wasn't represented in the set.

Or, like you said, any mutants at all.

On the 'Interview with Jesse Falcon' thread @ Fwoosh, I asked when House of M box set should hit & he said any day, like a week ago. There gonna be available soon...

Btw, Jesse justified the character selection by how popular the characters are in general. He said, "Bigger than names like Hulk, Iron Man, and the Fantastic Four?"

I'm with you guys on this, though. At least we got/get HoM Wolvie & Spidey...

I'm with you guys on this, though. At least we got/get HoM Wolvie & Spidey...

Which of the many versions of Wolvie is the HoM version?

Well, it is him in the Shield uniform.

XMC series 2 Air Strike Wolverine

I think this HoM set debuted at Toy Fair. In the Toy Fair shots, HoM Hulk looked to based off the War Hulk body? Then I think I saw some other shots of this set, maybe from SDCC, but the HoM Hulk was different and looked to be based off the Gamma Hulk body? Can anyone confirm whether or not there were actually 2 slightly different HoM Hulk sculpts shown? And if so which one will the final production one be? Thanks.

I think this HoM set debuted at Toy Fair. In the Toy Fair shots, HoM Hulk looked to based off the War Hulk body? Then I think I saw some other shots of this set, maybe from SDCC, but the HoM Hulk was different and looked to be based off the Gamma Hulk body? Can anyone confirm whether or not there were actually 2 slightly different HoM Hulk sculpts shown? And if so which one will the final production one be? Thanks.

Yes there was a change at SDCC. I imagine the reason for the switch to the Gamma body is due to the use of War Hulk for the upcoming Hasbro Planet Hulk figure.

it's a really cool looking set, that torch is just awesome. but i'm with you guys i can't understand the choices, and for the life of me i still can't understand how the justify an iron man in just about every thing they do. last i checked Iron Man wasn't a house hold name to the so called "walmart moms" they keep saying is the reason they need to stick the big names in for.

and for the life of me i still can't understand how the justify an iron man in just about every thing they do. last i checked Iron Man wasn't a house hold name to the so called "walmart moms" they keep saying is the reason they need to stick the big names in for.

Guy in cool looking armors? what else is there that needs to be known for kiddies! and i love all the upcomeing IM figs, specially the Face Off one and the HoM one*he's Gundamish*

Whether you like him or not, Iron Man sells. He surpasses Wolverine as the most consistently best selling ML character. He doesn't pegwarm.

And his non variant figures always seem to go for more on ebay then most other people's non variant versions.

Guy in cool looking armors? what else is there that needs to be known for kiddies! and i love all the upcomeing IM figs, specially the Face Off one and the HoM one*he's Gundamish*

but theres how many other hundreds of slightly lesser characters who look a hell of a lot cooler then Tony's outfit of the week. i'm just saying the argument i get is that he's a big name, but fact is he isn't a big name to the people who care about names

They picked these characters because they are the most visually stunning from the comics. If they went with all humans, they would all be boring humans in costumes. Kids walking down the aisle look up and see a box of normal looking people and a box with a Robot man, & 3 monster men with face paint, rock bodies & fire wings, they will stop and look and go"oooo, ooo mommy I want this". They can work others into ML but putting these out in this format gives them big names the buyers know (Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic 4) and visually cool toys kids will want.

As for when these showed up, they were announced at ToyFair and that happened in February so that's why you didn't find any posts about it recently because there's not been any talk about it since then. Some discussion happened at SDCC too.

Here's links to pics from ToyFair 2006

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&al...use_Of_M_Boxset

And here's pics of the final Iron Man from the set

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&alb...00&start=20

Here's some more from SDCC of the other characters too...

http://www.fwooshnet.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=418