LOL Spaceballs cartoon in the works

Scott

That movie sent me out in the hall several times during my Speech class in 8th grade. My friend and I talked about the movie daily, quoting all the best lines and we couldn't stop giggling. One time, my friend had to stand up and do a speech and he saw I was hiding my head behind the person in front of me because if we looked at each other, we would start cracking up. Since he knew this, he started cracking up anyway, which got me cracking up because I knew why he was cracking up. Out in the hall we went! That was a good year.

By the way, I failed that year and had to go to summer school to make it up.

It looks very much like the animation style done in Cartoon Network's Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and the Clone Wars miniseries...

"Ah...I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine."

Because Mel was spoofing Sci-Fi in general.

yup.....it wasnt dedicated to Star Wars entirely. I mean, look at when Mel Brooks was climbing out of the nose of the statue of liberty and the 2 apes crack a joke, which was an obvious parody of PLANET OF THE APES. ALIEN was parodied with the alien coming out of John Hurts stomach. I forgot which others ones there were. It was pure Mel Brooks comedy. Ive always loved his movies. How can anyone say that Blazing Saddles was bad? The man is a genius!

I'm game.

Still I remember someone saying the only reason we didn't get Spaceballs toys was because Lucas only let spaceballs be made (being so similar to star wars) as long as there was never any merchandise developed, and I can't help but think that a cartoon in the same vein as clone wars would be pushing it. So if this is okay I WANT MOVIE FIGURES DAMMIT!