Power Rangers Legends?????

yojoebro82

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I'd buy a Power Rangers toy again. But these look really cool. I might want to get atleast the origional, Zeo, and current versions.

I'd get the original Red for nostalgia's sake. But frankly, for a 'collector' style figure they could have at least painted his sword with the right colour scheme (the hilt was red, as I recall).

Could be cool. But I doubt I'll come across it at any point for a decent enough price to make me have to pick it up. Cool find.

Curious how they'll do the "legends style" female rangers... since the original toys used the same "transsexual" body that was sort of a male/female hybrid, while later PR toy lines started making obviously female base bodies.

But if they're releasing these in waves according to color, what happens when different seasons of the show had males and females as yellow rangers?

No Brown, orange or purple rangers.

To my knowledge, the only ranger colors were:

Red

Blue

Black

Yellow

Pink

Green

White

Gold (Zeo's variation on the "special" ranger that had some kind of extra shoulder padding)

REALLY doubt I'll pick these up, but perhaps I will change my mind when finally seeing them. And if they actually do detailed major villains from these seasons, then I might definitely have to consider picking some up. I am still mad they never released a Rita Repulsa figure. She was the best and they DID have a prototype sculpt for the figure and it was used in actual episodes of the show when Rita got shrunk down by some rival villain or something.

They need to do Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd, Goldar... and whatever lead villains there were during the other seasons. I remember some robot family villains during Zeo. And some aquatic-themed villain group for Turbo. After that I fell away from the show.

MAN, this is bringing me back.

Hmm. I haven't bought one of the PR toys in a few years, but these don't look much different from what they were doing then. Not only that, but all six figures are the same mold with different heads. Half of them have ridiculous cuffs that were just painted over.

Sorry, but I'm not paying $10 for something that looks like a bad custom, when they were putting out virtually the same stuff several years back.

These are cool, but at the moment, it looks like they are only focusing on the 1st 5 versions of the Red Ranger. However, considering that 2007 will be the 15th Anniversity of Power Rangers, it's a safe bet that they will at least expaind, however, they will probably just focus on the other Red Rangers from recent years, since the Red Ranger is always consider the main Ranger for each series(Next to the 6th Ranger). Still, it would be cool to see the other colour Rangers and characters as well, and if these do well, Bandai may consider to expaind to other Rangers and characters.

Gold Ranger in Zeo(Who was for a short while Jason, the orginial MMPR Red Ranger) was in a black suit with a huge Gold Sheild and gold details, hence the reason why he was call Gold Ranger. The 6th Ranger in Power Rangers In Space was the Silver Ranger. Since then, most of the 6th Ranger and + have had a special name to them regarldless of their suit colour. Examples:

(1.) Titinium Ranger was the 6th Ranger in Lightspeed Rescue, and his suit colour was silver with some gold.

(2.) Quantom Ranger's in Time Force was Red like TF's Red except with some slight design differences and the fact that the parts that were white on TF Red was black on Quantom.

(3.) I forgot what Wild Force's 6th Ranger was call, but his suit had some Silver and Purple colours.

(4.) Ninja Storm's 6th Ranger was call Samuri Ranger, and his costume was green with a gold shield.

(5.) SPD(2005's PR series) had started with 5 Rangers, then expainded to 7, with Shadow SPD Ranger(Black, with red and metallic blue), and Omega Ranger(White, with gold and blue). The T.V. series also had 2 one shot female Rangers who made an appearance during the show, and these were Cat Ranger(Orange and white. Probabably the closest to an Orange Ranger that we're going to get) and Nova Ranger(Silver or Grey with gold and blue). These 2 female Rangers were never done in toy form, probably due to the fact that these 2 only appeared in 1 episode really(Though they could of still been offered as a Toys R Us or Disney Store exclusive).

While some people aren't really fans of PR because they feel it's too kiddy(Similiar to how some have stated that G.I. Joe, Transformers, comic book characters, etc are, even today), there are those who are old that still enjoy it like they did when they were young. The cheesey factor is part of the charm, however there have been series in the past that have used less of it while others are kind of overblown. Considering that PR is 15 years and has almost the same amount of incarnations, there have been PR series that fans liked and hated over the years, and it always depends on the person's tastes(Similar to Transformers and G.I. Joe). I'm in my mid 20's and I still watch PR whenever it's on or if I can, because I still enjoy it because in the end, I like it, and I think it's fun(And you're talking to a guy who loves the 1990's Marvel cartoons and the Bruce Timm DC Cartoons, especially JLU which is probably my #1 show to date). As well, the toys still do interest me, however when compared to other toylines(Marvel and DC related toylines, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc), the drive for me to get them isn't as strong, which is the reason why I usually don't get PR toys so much, however I do have a few.

Oh, and this could of probably been posted in the "Toys In General" fourm, not Marvel Toys, because even if there is no Power Rangers fourm section, news like this is for the Toys In General fourm.

Wish they had the double knee/elbow joints. My boys are gonna love these, though.

I watched the first season of Power Rangers, even though I was in high school.

I've watched some of the newer incarnations with my two sons, though.

I wish they'd do a Power Rangers Guyver Force. That would be cool.

Always thought PR was a pretty cool concept but excecuted very poorly. The whole "godzilla rubber suit" thing was just way too cheesy. But I did like the <insert color of the rainbow> ranger theme. Was there ever a purple, orange, or brown ranger?

In order to really get into PR you have to be a fan of the whole kaiju thing. But you have to watch the ORIGINAL shows aka "Super Sentai". PR was just a crappy bastardization of that. Not even just a dub, all the american kids were added completely after the fact.

It may look cheesy, but really, what is better for SFX? CGI? That usually ends up looking completely like an animated show anyway. Almost always hard to make CGI look completely realistic anyway. Most fans of Kaiju love their movies and shows in part BECAUSE it's cheesy as well.

I doubt there was a brown Ranger, I couldn't tell you on purple or orange though. I know at one point there were a few more than just red, blue, yellow, pink, and black though. I know green, white, and something else were on a squad at the same time as the other colors I listed before them.

The power rangers toys were great, the original ones. All the monsters were awesome.

I'd like a new mighty morphin done in animation, with the same original characters. I'd totally watch that. Get all the living original rangers to do the voices.

I freakin loved this who when it first came out. I was like...16 I was like WOW! a show with martial arts, alot like Voltron, and the costumes were pretty cool....but as time went by I found myself actually becoming dumber from watching it. I liked the first episode....I really hate everything after that

does anyone know what the song is called during the part where they call titanus?

I can't wait for a green ranger figure

a yellow ranger figure would be weird since she's dead.. but i could just think of her as the black girl

Haven't bought a PR toy since I was about 8...Looks like I still won't be. :P

Its a nice idea, but its just too off proportion-wise (the original MMPR one, I mean. I'm not too interested in the others).

Well, looks like my hunch about "closet" PR fans was correct :D

These are actually out now! I got the MMPR one (which most people SEEM to know is Jason, the best ranger EVER!) and the Zeo one (Tommy). Could care less about anyone else.

I'll line em up to some MLs when I get home and put up some pics......

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

A bit bigger than my other super heros, but I still like em!

I went to TRU with my wife and boys, today. I didn't know they were out, yet, until I saw them. They had a sale going, buy 2 get 1 free on all Power Rangers items. So, my boys got the Original Morphin', Turbo, and Space. I'm thinking about going back and getting them the other three, this weekend.