Walmart is stupid

KingJohnny

So, I asked my brother, JoeRhyno, to keep an eye out for them in case they put them back up on the shelves and snatch them up for 5 bucks.

Jophnny, I stooped in there and they were on the shelf, so I go them for ya... and what's funny is at the register, the Greedo rang up $5 and the Luke rang up $9.96.. I told her that it was clearanced, and she was like.. oh, okay.. and changed the price to $5 @loll@

So essentially what I'm hearing here is "HA HA! I scammed Walmart with their own policies." Just watch what you say to store employees. Practically admitting that you're going to screw them over whether they like it or not can get you into a lot of trouble. All he had to do was notify the associates behind the customer service counter what you had said to him...and that would have put an end to the whole scenerio real quick. Whether YOU look at it this way or not, stores view it as attempted fraud, and that can potentially lead to legal troubles. Not a lecture, just a word of warning from someone who works as a TRU manager.

Ok, I still don't see how I'm scamming Walmart. I wanted some figures on sale. It's MY MONEY. I do not have to buy them, but I WANTED them. I WANTED them for the price that was on clearance at a different store. If I can't get them for the clearance price, I DO NOT WANT THEM. Since I AM ABLE TO RETURN THEM AT ANY STORE, I did nothing wrong. I could have simply drove all the way back to the other Walmart and STILL GOT MY MONEY BACK. There were two associates there. Either one of them could have refused my request for a refund. SINCE THEY ACCEPT RETURNS AT ANY STORE, I walked away with my 20 bucks back. I also could've just asked for the figures back and went to the register and RE-BOUGHT THEM FOR 5 BUCKS EACH. As you can see from my brother (JoeRhyno)'s post, he did re-buy them. I GOT WHAT I WANTED FOR THE PRICE I WANTED.

Again, if I was scamming them, then I would've been refused a refund but somehow tricked the associate into giving me either the figures for what I wanted or giving me my money back, or worse, doubling my money somehow. Since the return was accepted, I did nothing wrong. They could have refused me. The associate was visibly upset because he realised the flaw in their policy, not because he felt I was scamming them OR ELSE HE WOULD'VE GOT A MANAGER AND HAD ME KICKED OUT SINCE I'M SUCH A HUGE CRIMINAL.

I didn't know that the clearance sale was exclusive to just one store (as you can see from many other posts, this clearance had varying prices from different stores across the country). I just figured the other store for some reason FORGOT to mark the figures down. How many times have you noticed something not marked down when it should have been, reported it to the clerk, and they re-adjusted the price? It happens all the time at all kinds of stores. It's not fraud. I was in the self-checkout aisle and there were people behind me so I just bought them for the regular price and went to the other store to get them to price match. I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY COULDN'T. At the time, that was not the case and since I could not get them for the price I wanted, I returned them because I am allowed to. It's not fraud. It's not like I stole them and then returned them.

I did not scam anyone. It was not my intention. Walmart STILL lost out on 10 bucks because of their policy, not because of me. The smart thing would be for them to price match, even clearance items. Customers are supposed to be number 1. Walmart strives to make them happy and should always make sure that happens.

Joey, it's weird that the Luke didn't ring up for 5 bucks because when the guy scanned them, they both rang up for 5 bucks, which proved I was not lying to him (in case he felt I was TRYING TO SCAM HIM).

Not to be a dick, but I'm really pleading here. If someone can get me a greedo and a raider or a scout trooper at a clearance price, I'll send paypal for the price + shipping or maybe we could trade, I have some clones/royal guards, etc...

And though I'm not a fan of the Lucas figure and I was pretty vocal about it, I've found Luke Han on clearance and bought them, and figure I should round out the rest and send for the Lucas. You can put any figure's label on now right? Like if I bought 4 greedos and then I have the Luke I could still mail away for the Lucas?

A little off topic but the thing that gripes my about Walmart is that the Star Wars section(in my area anyways) only has 2 columns of pegs for the figures.Target on the other hand has 4 pegs devoted to Star Wars.I pisses my off that Walmart did not exspand thier Star Wars section to more columns of pegs.Now with all the doang pegwars thanks to the H and V and GH waves,Walmart will not get new figures in.I am curious to know how the Walmart stores in other areas of the US have more then to rows of pegs for the Star Wars figures.

A little off topic but the thing that gripes my about Walmart is that the Star Wars section(in my area anyways) only has 2 columns of pegs for the figures.Target on the other hand has 4 pegs devoted to Star Wars.I pisses my off that Walmart did not exspand thier Star Wars section to more columns of pegs.Now with all the dang pegwars thanks to the H and V and GH waves,Walmart will not get new figures in.I am curious to know how the Walmart stores in other areas of the US have more then to rows of pegs for the Star Wars figures.

My Walmart and Target only have two rows

That's how my Walmart is. They have about 20 Major Bren Derlins and General Rieekans keeping those pegs warm for the Winter. They did get some Greatest Battles in but they didn't last long. I'm just picture a dozen Wave 6 and 7 cases in the back gathering dust.

Guest McBragg

Not to be a dick, but I'm really pleading here. If someone can get me a greedo and a raider or a scout trooper at a clearance price, I'll send paypal for the price + shipping or maybe we could trade, I have some clones/royal guards, etc...

And though I'm not a fan of the Lucas figure and I was pretty vocal about it, I've found Luke Han on clearance and bought them, and figure I should round out the rest and send for the Lucas. You can put any figure's label on now right? Like if I bought 4 greedos and then I have the Luke I could still mail away for the Lucas?

You don't need Luke's form, you can print an official one off online. All Greedos or whatever combination.

The only clearance ones in my area are around $8 at Meijer stores. (all greedos, sand people and Hansss)