What was your first Marvel Legend?

MST3KFan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ML 1 Cap, Iron Man, and Gold Iron Man. I picked them up at a Target the day they were stocked. And, they messed up and marked them as clearance, thinking they were more Spider-Man Classics figs they were trying to get rid of. I think I got all 3 for like $9 total. I've been buying them ever since with a few exceptions.

Gold Iron man.

Way back, before getting ML, I read about them on the net,and noticed there was a rare figure, hard to find. I thought

"Cool! Finally I will have Marvel heros, fully articulated and with some luck, I´ll find that hard to find fig" Days later, around november, I went to Wal Mart and there was the variant which I snagged immediatly.

Sounds like a lot of people jumped right into it from Series 1. I myself recall after the Thing figure that I aimed to try and get just the X-Men related figures at first with Beast and Gambit. Eventually though I went after the others since when else would you get such awesome versions of other Marvel heroes like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor...Man-Thing!? O_o

I'm still collecting to do this day despite it not being the only toyline I buy. Of course, it becomes quite a hunt to find some of the figures from the off-shoot lines... The Hulk, X-Men, and Fantastic Four lines... Which reminds me, I did get Avalacnhe today from the X-en line, completeing what I aimed to get from that line.

For me it was Hulk buster Iron Man. I had just finished playing the video game

“Hulk Ultimate Destruction” and I though the Hulk Busters in the game were cool, I then happened to see a toy called Hulk buster Iron Man and that was the start of my compulsive Obsessive disorder. #US1# @smilepunch@

My first ML was ML5 Gambit when ML5 came out, I wasn't even collecting at the first. I was still into collecting Wrestling figures.

I finally got out of collecting stuff last sept., and into ML's this Feb.

I was @ KB Toys looking at the legends (cuz I was burnt out on the 5" line...) but just on a freak occurance I spotted the X-men boxset for $20! I grabbed that sukka and then made my way to the register, but then I saw Wolvie & Bishop from series 12 and added them to my cart. The rest as they say has been "wonderful frustration"!

Series 1 Cap and Iron Man.

I'd bought some since the very begining. But I wasn't too actively collecting them til about series 3 or 4.

I guess technically, my first ML was the regular style super-posable Spiderman from SMC1, which like someone mentioned earlier were a precursor to the line, especially with the comic.

My first actual MLs that I bought were Human Torch(series2), Wolverine(series3), Gambit and Punisher from series 4.

ML 1 Cap America! Then when series 3 hit I was totally addicted and bought all the ones I missed minus Namor, who I finally got about a year ago. I have bought the whole series right when they come out since 3, and own almost every ML made.

Draven

Yeah, I'm one of the old Spidey Classics hooks. I saw a Spider-Man toy that could actually pose JUST LIKE Spider-man, I was hooked. I snagged him, Symbiote Spidey, and the less posable but still neat looking Venom.

Since then I've gotten almost every ML out, as soon as I saw they were making ML figures, I grabbed all of Series 1 (minus Toad <didnt care> and Stealth Iron Man <*cries and cries*>).

Since then, it's been a true obsession. I have all the figures except for a few of the ML, only ones I want that I never got were both Black Widow figures, Man-Thing (yes I know, but I think he looks cool). At least thats all I can think of I'm missing. Didn't snag a couple of the Riders series, didn't want 'em, and I thought the Mystique figure was fugly.

Got any "hard to find/villain" Spidey figures except the Rhino/Vulture/Lizard box set figs, grabbed Smart Hulk, Savage Hulk, X-Men Cyke, X-Men Storm, and recently X-Treme Rogue. :D

((anyone got a spare man-thing or widows they dont want? :D))

Series 3 Wolverine popped my Legends Virginity.

To be honest, I was wholly unimpressed by the figure and it almost convinced me NOT to start collecting Legends. His claws were terrible, which is true of every Wolvie released in the Legends line, that I'm aware of. He was far too tall (I knew this even without having other figures to immediately compare him to), and mine had a few very minor issues with the paint job that could have used a once-over at the factory.

However, even with its faults, the figure was -really- good. I debated getting myself into something else that would eat away at my wallet -- then I picked up Series 1 Iron Man at the same store (this was still when Series 3 was just starting to clear off the shelves for Series 4) and from there I just started picking up whatever figs I liked.

My collecting has been pretty relaxed since day one, though. I'm definitely not a hard-core fanatic when it comes to ML.

Well, this is an easy question for me.

I started with series 1, the complete line including Toad & Variant. I've been hooked ever since. My collection is probably 80% complete...mostly because I didn't like certain figures, otherwise it would be around 95%.