The 2006 National Football League Season

Ugly Bulldog

If you want to talk about this season's NFL games, this is the place to do it.

I was surprised Tampa Bay got shut out at home against Baltimore. The Manning Bowl was pretty entertaining seeing the brothers duke it out. It would have been something if the younger brother won that game. I was glad to see Arizona win its first home game in their new stadium. The place actually looks pretty nice.

Plus, this looks like another horrible season for the Packers. I already want McCarthy fired.

Anyway, here's the scores from yesterday (and Thursday night's game).

Miami -- 17

Pittsburgh -- 28

New Orleans -- 19

Cleveland -- 14

Buffalo -- 17

New England -- 19

Philadelphia -- 24

Houston -- 10

Baltimore -- 27

Tampa Bay -- 0

Seattle -- 9

Detroit -- 6

Denver -- 10

St. Louis -- 18

Atlanta -- 20

Carolina -- 6

Cincinnati -- 23

Kansas City -- 10

NY Jets -- 23

Tennessee -- 16

San Francisco -- 27

Arizona -- 34

Chicago -- 26

Green Bay -- 0

Dallas -- 17

Jacksonville -- 24

Indianapolis -- 26

NY Giants -- 21

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England traded Deion Branch today to Seattle for a first round draft pick. That looks like a great short-term gain for Seattle.

The Patriots look like a wreck right now with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as its starting wideouts. I heard a stat that the WRs combined for just four receptions yesterday against Buffalo.

The Packers should have stayed the Hell away from Koren Robinson. They don't need another headache, which he will turn out to be. I agree that Mccarthy should be fired. He needs to grow a pair and sit Favre down so Rodgers can develop.

The Packers should have stayed the Hell away from Koren Robinson. They don't need another headache, which he will turn out to be. I agree that Mccarthy should be fired. He needs to grow a pair and sit Favre down so Rodgers can develop.

Well said Jack, I know he's an Icon but man that was sad...As far as this weeks games, I really enjoyed Colts- Giants...

I love seeing teams like Arizonia & Bengals starting to get @firedevil@ ...

And even I have to admit my Lions Def. looked good but man they are going to have to score a TD!!!

Well relief is on the way I just heard Lions picked up AZ Hakim again, maybe Martz will use him as well as he did in ST. Louis....

I love this time of year...Autumns coming and Football season not to mention Hockey & Baseball playoffs...

GO TIGERS!!!!

I think the Packers still have to start Favre. The Packers were killed last year cause half of the starting offense was out with injuries (Walker, Green, Franks, Flanagan, Davenport, Gado, Murphy, and I think there may have been another). The only guy Favre had all season was Donald Driver. Everyone else went down with injury at same point during the season. Heck, Gado was the fourth-string running back last year and then he went down. No one could have won with the back-up players that Favre had.

This year they have some players again, but the interior line is terrible. Both starting guards are unheard-of rookies and the center had only started three games in his career. Favre had no time to throw the ball against Chicago. If Rodgers comes in, it won't help much if these linemen just let the defense run through them like the Bears did.

Talking about the Packers, they traded Samkon Gado to Houston today for Vernard Morency. I'm not understanding that move by the Packers since Gado was one of lone bright spots last year. Plus he's a feel story of a Nigerian man coming to the States to become a successful NFL player and wants to become a doctor.

Chad Pennignton look great which I was a little surprised, but it's only the first game so I'm not holding my breate

Dante looks as if he is stilling brining the funk he had the last 2 yrs in MN

Oakland's O-line is horrendous. I think David Carr feels bad for Brooks

Chad Pennignton look great which I was a little surprised, but it's only the first game so I'm not holding my breate

Dante looks as if he is stilling brining the funk he had the last 2 yrs in MN

Oakland's O-line is horrendous. I think David Carr feels bad for Brooks

Culpepper has always brought a funk to the field. He just hasn't had Randy Moss to bail him out the last few years. It will be a long season for the Dolphins if he is their starter. I have watched him long enough to know he has no leadership skills, fumble prone hands and he panics under pressure.

Here are today's games (and tomorrow night's Monday nighter):

NY Giants

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Miami

Houston

Indianapolis

Oakland

Baltimore

New Orleans

Green Bay

Carolina

Minnesota

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Detroit

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Atlanta

St. Louis

San Francisco

Arizona

Seattle

Tennessee

San Diego

New England

NY Jets

Kansas City

Denver

Washington

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville

I thought Culpepper was going to find paradise in Miami. So far this season, he looks pathetic. Jack is perfectly accurate in his statements.

As for other games, the Giants and Eagles game was amazing to hear about. I didn't think the Giants had a chance, but they ended up pulling it out.

Daunte is just being Daunte. He will have great game where he puts up big numbers, but he won't be there when things go bad. His career record as a starter is a losing one. I don't have the exact numbers, but I did see a stat in the paper today that said the Vikings have been 4-32 since 2001 when behind in the fourth quarter. Daunte was the starter for those years. There is no coincidence, he is a loser and folds like Superman on laundry day when his team is down. I saw that the Dolphin fans were already calling for Joey Harrington. All I can say is, Ha Ha, Daunte, you jerk. You wanted Randy Moss gone from the Vikings so you could be the team leader, then you go out last year and get into trouble on the boat cruise, play like crap until your leg got hurt, demanded more money and then a trade, thank the player that hurt you so you could leave the Vikings and now look at you. You are no better off than before. It's nice to see karma bite you like you deserve. I hope he gets replaced by Harrington.

My reaction to every game that has just been played this past weekend:

Houston 24

Indianapolis 43

I expected this to occur. The colts being one of the best team's in the league and the Texan's being one of the worst, this score is pretty self explanatory.

New Orleans 34

Green Bay 27

This game was unpredictable, it was really a throw up between these two teams. Green Bay just couldnt produce enough points in the end to pull it out, but Brett Favre looked great.

Cleveland 17

Cincinnati 34

This game was highly predictable. As the Bengals are emerging into the great team they are, the Browns are still trying to figure themselves out. Palmer passed for over 300 yards while Rudi Johnson was shredding it up on the ground. The browns never had a chance, even with Cincinnatis poor defense.

Detroit 7

Chicago34

Two names: Brian Urlacher/Lance Briggs. The Lions didnt have a chance against this defense. Let alone any defense in the league. It seems as though the Lions will never win a game.

Oakland 6

Baltimore 28

Ok, Oakland is currently the worst team in the league. In fact, they just might be the worst team I have ever seen. Their offense is absolutely pathetic, and their defense isnt the greatest either. Warren Sapp's two sacks were a fluke, he didnt even have a solo tackle. Dont expect Oakland to be going anywhere for a while. Oh, and as for Baltimore, they are looking damn good.

Tampa Bay 3

Atlanta 14

The hype over Tampa Bay this past summer has been ecstatic, but their play hasnt been. Chris Simms loves to throw interceptions and their Cadillac seems broken. Atlanta is looking decent.

NY Giants 30

Philadelphia 24

This game was a fight to the end, with the Gaints coming out on top in a tremendous fashion. Both these teams were pretty equally matched, Philly just fell apart in the end. Not much else to say.

Carolina 13

Minnesota 16

What is the deal with Carolina?. Fans and analysts alike have chosen them to win the super bowl. Could we be seeing one of the biggest busts in recent years? Only time will tell.

Buffalo 16

Miami 6

Culpepper just cant seem to get it done early. His team has lost their first two games and they arent showing any good signs. Buffalo isnt the greatest either, which makes this Miami loss even more surprising.

Arizona 10

Seattle 21

The outcome of this game surprised me quite a bit. Arizona seems to have improved their team tremendously, but the results of this game show otherwise. Its still early, and nothing is set in stone. For Seattle, Shaun Alexander didnt look great, but at least he had a touchdown.

St. Louis 13

San Francisco 20

St. Louis seems to be in a time of confusion. I dont think anyone knows whats going on with that team. San Francisco seems to be showing some signs of life, Frank Gore is doing much better than Barlow ever did, so at least there's something for 49ers fans to be happy about.

Tenessee 7

San Diego 40

The biggest massacre of the week was well expected. Tenessee might be right up their with Oakland in running for the worst team, and Kerry Collins is about as useful as a bag of dirt. San Diego looks to be one of the best teams out of the gate, Rivers is passing like a pro and Tomlinson is doing his usual thing. I think the Chargers are showing early signs of Super Bowl potential.

New England 24

NY Jets 17

The outcome of this game was pretty predictable. The Jets looked promising after week one, but there was no way they were gonna keep up with the Patriots. End of story.

Kansas City 6

Denver 9

I think the injury to Trent green may have hurt the Chiefs a little, but not much considering the fact that Larry Johnson danced over people like it was Saturday Night Fever. However great his performance was, it made no difference in the end as the Broncos came out on top.

Washington 10

Dallas 27

Before the season started many people thought the Redskins would come out roaring. Well they certainly came out, but it definately wasnt roaring. Beaten two times in a row, and doing pretty much nothing on offense, they could be an early bust.

Pittsburgh 0

Jacksonville 9

They couldn't even muster up a point? Pittsburgh looked absolutely deflated in their Monday night performance. Roethlisberger looked dreadful against the Jaguar defense, and Parker might as well have sat on the bench. At least they can be happy about their defense. As for the Jaguars, that defensive performace was outstanding, it seems Jacksonville fans have something to be excited about.

And that about does it. I will be back for next weeks reactions.

That Monday nighter was a great boring game. A game decided on just field goals is never exciting, but it went all the way down the wire.

I got to hand it to Jacksonville. They were amped up for this game. They were really laying some punishing hits on the Steelers.

It'll be interesting to see them face Indianapolis this week.

I'm really looking forward to the Jags/Colts match up. This could be the Jags chance to show people that this is their year in the AFC South. Many people forget they won 12 games last year. They've got a punishing front 4, some decent linebackers, and a pretty good secondary to boot. They made the Steelers look like they were the practice squad.

I'm also glad that Baltimore is finally putting up more points on offense than defense. And to think Tennessee though McNair was out of gas. How's that Kerry Collins thing working out for you now Titans?

Week 3 is close to kick-off. Here's this weeks games.

Tennessee

Miami

Washington

Houston

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Minnesota

Green Bay

Detroit

NY Jets

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Indianapolis

Baltimore

Cleveland

St. Louis

Arizona

NY Giants

Seattle

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Denver

New England

Atlanta

New Orleans

Sorry, OT.

UB, how about a NBA Fantasy League?

Here is Week 3's Sunday scores.

Lots of road wins today.

Tennessee -- 10

Miami -- 13

I thought Miami was going to kill the Titans today with all the hoopla in Tennessee about Billy Volek. Instead, this game was a nail-biter.

Washington -- 31

Houston -- 15

Impressive showing by Brunell today by breaking an NFL record of completing his first 22 passes. Great game by Portis too. I didn't think he was going to play.

Carolina -- 26

Tampa Bay -- 24

I hope Simms is okay. He really took a hit there near the end zone.

Cincinnati -- 28

Pittsburgh -- 20

The defending champs look pretty vulnerable without Bettis and Randle El. Doesn't help either that Roethlisberger looks lost too.

Chicago -- 19

Minnesota -- 16

This was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Rex pulls it out for DaBears.

Green Bay -- 31

Detroit -- 24

Ahman Green nearly coughed up this game with a fumble at the end. Finally good to see a big smile on Brett's face.

NY Jets -- 28

Buffalo -- 20

Jacksonville -- 14

Indianapolis -- 21

After how bad the Jags beat up the Steelers, I thought they would have done the same to the Colts. Not the case.

Baltimore -- 15

Cleveland -- 14

Ravens got lucky.

St. Louis -- 16

Arizona -- 14

Warner sucks.

NY Giants -- 30

Seattle -- 42

The Giants better not let these games slip away so early on. They're already showing they might be the best comeback team in the NFL.

Philadelphia -- 38

San Francisco -- 24

Denver -- 17

New England -- 7

The Patriots are in trouble. They could not move the ball too well in this game. Could be a rough season for them if this continues, especially if Dillon is out for an extended amount of time.

The Vikings really need to do something about their offense. Yesterday was putrid, especially that botched handoff that allowed the Bears to win. I have little issues with their defense. Wierd to say after about 10 years of high powered offense and miserable defense. Balance on both sides of the ball would be nice.

Anyone watch Monday night football? First off nothing against the Saint's or the city of N.O. But it looked like the Falcons took a dive tonight. (For the city and the people kinda thing) It just looked like the Falcons weren't even trying.

O and GTA Sith I've enjoyed the Ravens being 3-0 too, but I think that's about to come to and end when the Chargers come to town next week. Should make for a great game.