Small X-Men Classics Series 3 update

Devonstorm20xx

I have not seen any of series 3. It is getting out of hand. They should flood the market with them just to let every one get them.

Try telling that to the major retailers. They're the morons who can't figure out which lines are going to be hot. Then again, when Toybiz delivered the first 2 waves in the form of complete and utter crap, I suppose it makes sense that Walmart, TRU, and Target might get apprehensive about the line.

I don't get how Toybiz can be so on the mark at times and then totally screw the pooch on other lines. Like with FFC. Series one was pretty much crap except for the short packed Skrull, and then after retailers get burned on pegwarming Reed, Johnny, and Ben, they release a nearly flawless wave 2. When retail doesn't know the difference between a good wave and a bad one, why save the best for round 2? Come out strong from the get-go instead of saving the best for after the pegwarmers kill everything.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen any of series 3. It is getting out of hand. They should flood the market with them just to let every one get them.

Try telling that to the major retailers. They're the morons who can't figure out which lines are going to be hot. Then again, when Toybiz delivered the first 2 waves in the form of complete and utter crap, I suppose it makes sense that Walmart, TRU, and Target might get apprehensive about the line.

I don't get how Toybiz can be so on the mark at times and then totally screw the pooch on other lines. Like with FFC. Series one was pretty much crap except for the short packed Skrull, and then after retailers get burned on pegwarming Reed, Johnny, and Ben, they release a nearly flawless wave 2. When retail doesn't know the difference between a good wave and a bad one, why save the best for round 2? Come out strong from the get-go instead of saving the best for after the pegwarmers kill everything.

yes.... that is a pain... retailers tend to put everything into one big grouping like that...

Picked up Iceman, Nightcrawler, Drake, Avalanche, and Rogue last week here - between 2 different Targets. Saw crappy Sabretooth remnants at 3 other Targets that same day.

I think a lot of collectors here are under the impression that alot of stores have not gotten them. Wave 3 cases have been coming out here- but end up all flying off the pegs right away.

It doesn't help matters that a lot of stores are choking on Magneto's, Cyclops', and Cat Beasts. Then again, those stores that I found my figures at were all choking on old figures as well. I didn't see any real rhyme or reason as to why certain stores had put some out and others would not.

Nonetheless... just be patient and these will be more plentiful soon.

This has been a very frustrating wave of figs for me to find.

I found SMC18 without even trying. Went out shopping for a new belt, and there they were.

I found ML14 with GREAT ease this week. My 2nd day out hunting, in fact, and I've found them on 4 seperate occassions this week.

I have found 1 Iceman, the fig in this series I want most, but the packaging was demolished. Found a Sabertooth too, but I'm passing on him. That's it. I want these so badly, but just can not track them down.

Found a case in upstate NY at Target. Found the Bobby Drake varient with them.

Which part of Upstate NY? Any Bobby variants left?

Ya I live near the Canadian border myself in Plattsburgh, and there's not even a Target near me. Where at?

i found all of them except for variant rouge and bobby drake

does anyone have pictures handy of all the differnt variants?.. I'm no longer sure whats what :D What are the case ratios as well, ala hardest to find thus far?..

I found a Xtreme Rogue this morning, no shades, and non-smiling with a jacket, yeah. @twisted@

Same in So Cal, nothing. Oh, and btw, XMC 1 & 2 were overstocked so it'll probably be so much more easier to find them than it is to find XMC 3, which I hope to be wrong about. Look at FFC 1 & 2. I know some people who haven't even found Skrulls, which were, I believe just recently discontinued in Cali. If XMC 3 comes out to be shipped out in limited qualities, which I'm betting on, discontently, FFC 2 will probably end up the same. We all get dooped in the end.

You mean like the half a dozen cases of series 1 and 2 that my entire city got are everywhere?

Shipping of this whole line has been crazy sporadic from region to region. I live in one of the regions that's been getting the short end of the stick. Getting the SKN so I can find out if they're on the truck or not might honestly be my only chance of getting these at retail.

I managed to snag a Rogue here in Georgia. Though I've already emailed Toybiz about their morons in the packaging design department. They have Rogues left arm twist-tied at the hip, which stretched out and warped the joint, and the wrist itself.

I did put the Bobby Drake and a Nightcrawler on layaway though, since I didn't have the money to pick them up.

I thought about it with Ult Sabretooth and Avalanche too, but I keep thinking that the ML line will get their own. *shrugs*

So anyone else that got Rogue have the same problem I do?