Small X-Men Classics Series 3 update

Devonstorm20xx

I was getting pretty annoyed about the fact that I have not found even one of these things anywhere while others around the country seem to be getting them everywhere.

I emailed Toybiz a few days ago with my concerns about not being able to find the wave and they told me that:

1) They are scheduled for release in Fall

2) And 2 to check online retailers like Walmart.Com, Kmart.com, Target.com etc.

Well I know 2 is crap because none of those sites ever have anything but number 1 just might ring true more or less. I've been noticing that slowly but surely more and more of these action figures (well Iceman at least as those are the only ones I am watching and the only ones I care about) are popping up on ebay. Just last night I counted up 5 Bobby Drake Variants, 2 Ultimate Iceman variants and 13 of the normal ones. That isn't including several others that have already gone by (the highest sold btw being 101 dollars for a Bobby Drake variant!!!). So that probably means (just speculating mind you) that like any other wave Ultimate Iceman is the rarest (but not the most sought after), Bobby Drake is the second rarest (and most sought after) and Normal Iceman is the third being produced the most.

A few other things I noticed were the places these things were popping up at. More or less every dealer on Ebay at first was from California and in one case Arizona.

Now we have:

West Coast:

California

Arizona

Nevada

Washington State

Texas

Colorado

East Coast:

Pennsylvania

Florida

Kentucky

So they look like they are inching their way East slowly but surely. And me being from VA I'm hoping that they eventually start popping up.

I'm just a little worried because Toybiz IIRC stop manufacturing their stuff in December. And with a Fall Release Date that leaves a small window open for us to be able to grab these things and for them to be able to send them out.

But then again with the increasing amount of Icemen on ebay I'm thinking the full wave will more or less hit us around late September - October. Just the way the trend is looking.

So hopefully that means these things have fully hit yet.

(Sorry about the topic but I have to keep my hope alive somehow)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam sure they'll hit in time.

Hello all. Been lurking around for a little while. Currently interested in X-men classics and Marvel legends.

Just wanted to let you know I found X-men series 3 in Buffalo today at Toys R Us and was able to pick up the Ultimate Iceman figure along w/ Clossus and regular Iceman. Left the rest for later, Ult iceman was the only variant figure I saw, no Rogues at all, they never made the floor I bet.

Hello all. Been lurking around for a little while. Currently interested in X-men classics and Marvel legends.

Just wanted to let you know I found X-men series 3 in Buffalo today at Toys R Us and was able to pick up the Ultimate Iceman figure along w/ Clossus and regular Iceman. Left the rest for later, Ult iceman was the only variant figure I saw, no Rogues at all, they never made the floor I bet.

Which Toys R Us was that?

Sheridan Dr and Nia Falls Blvd. They had left 3 Colussus, 1 Avalanche, Ult Sabretooth, Nightcrawler and Iceman

I've been hunting eBay for these as well because as big as NYC is, it seems Manhattan is the last to get anything! GO FIGURE!

Anyway, I refused to pay as much as $50-$100 for a Bobby Drake variant, especially since they seem so plentiful on eBay that once they DO hit in my area, I'd find him at my local KB for $8.99. But I was sent a message on eBay for a Buy it Now auction of Avalanche/Bobby Drake/Rogue (short hair) for $44. So I took it.

THREE awesome figures for $44?! That breaks down to about $14.70 a piece, and I'm sure that at least Rogue and Bobby Drake WILL be a little more difficult to track down, so it was totally worth it. And it saves me the hassle of waiting for them to land in my area, and the endless hunting I'd have to do. They should arrive today. :D

Sheridan Dr and Nia Falls Blvd. They had left 3 Colussus, 1 Avalanche, Ult Sabretooth, Nightcrawler and Iceman

Any ML14 in Buffalo yet?

Any ML14 in Buffalo yet?

No sign and I've been off all week and have hit the Target, WalMart, Kmart & TRU every morning.

aw poor lil baby havn't found one of the new toys that are just starting to come out... pleaseeeeeeeee!

BUT BUT BUT HEH AS TO HAVE THEM NOW!! @cry@ @cry@ @cry@

Any ML14 in Buffalo yet?

No sign and I've been off all week and have hit the Target, WalMart, Kmart & TRU every morning.

Oh, ok, thanks dude.

aw poor lil baby havn't found one of the new toys that are just starting to come out... pleaseeeeeeeee!

No need to be a jerk man. I haven't been rude to you don't be rude to me. This is about the only release toybiz has put out that I really care about it so excuse me if I'm a little annoyed that they haven't made it my way yet. If I was as impatient and lame about it as you assume I would have bought one of the several I've seen on Ebay for 40 or so dollars and called it a day. But I do have patience I just wanted to see what was going on in other areas. Again dude relax.

Also lol when I saw your lame post it reminded me of Dr. Cox on Scrubs. I could just imagine him saying something like that to J.D. :D

I have not seen them in my area yet. Have these hit all of the big three or have they only appeared in Target?

I saw your lame post it reminded me of Dr. Cox on Scrubs. I could just imagine him saying something like that to J.D. :D

Ahaha, dude you rock for that alone.

Come ON Nancy can't ya puh lease just wait for them get some PATIENCE Dorothy ohhkay and don't give me the but but i have to have them NOOOOOW mommy wah wah wah DROP it now get out of my face BARBIE WUH HAT ARE YOU DOING?

I think you just gotta give series 3 more time to hit saturation. I live in Southern California and I've been able to find every figure from series 1 and 2 recently without looking too hard. I think series 3 will be a lot easier to find around October and November if you're willing to have a little more patience.

PharmV

No need to be a jerk man. I haven't been rude to you don't be rude to me. This is about the only release toybiz has put out that I really care about it so excuse me if I'm a little annoyed that they haven't made it my way yet. If I was as impatient and lame about it as you assume I would have bought one of the several I've seen on Ebay for 40 or so dollars and called it a day. But I do have patience I just wanted to see what was going on in other areas. Again dude relax.

Also lol when I saw your lame post it reminded me of Dr. Cox on Scrubs. I could just imagine him saying something like that to J.D. :D

@loll@

trust me dude you got it easy :) Try living in the uk or canada or aus or something :D

I wouldn't worry much about them either, odds are they will be full out on the pegs in a bit like the last few waves!

I'll be checkin TRU and Target today!

Nothing at TRU. I did find a Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Gunship:

TSCCWgunship1.jpg

Dude nice! If only it came with the clones as well :D