Alex Ross Justice wave 4... no one is talking yet?

Bigsexy944

You'd think people were more excited about the Matel stuff? Oh wait a sec... I forgot i was in the Bizarro world aka. TNI, where that actually is the case :P

In any case. Just picked these up. A bit dissapointed actually.

Shazam and Blak Adam are perfect, no complaints but the rest leave a bit to be desired. Soloman Grundy is an impressive figure, i guess it's just Ross' design i don't like because the figure really puts me off. Similar to the Bizarro I think... just an ugly design IMO.

In terms of Hawkman, he just looks goofy, mostly in the head. The helmet has those stupid looking ginat eyes and he looks like an absoult dork without his helmet on. It also pisses me off that he has a yellow belt ands straps while his helmet is gold. It just looks wrong. The wings are garbage. they don't stay in his back and they are too loose to stay into any position

Zatanna just looks ridicouls in every way. From the stupid pose she's in to the even stupider expression on her face.

Overall, the best was still wav 2 i think.

i really hate the ross style, the mans an amazing artist but i just don't think super heroes translate well into "realistic" looks. i was really excited about the grundy figure for example, but he just came out looking like any old crusty generic zombie, not very grundy like at all, same with bizarro, looked like a dried up cadaver in a super suit

i really hate the ross style, the mans an amazing artist but i just don't think super heroes translate well into "realistic" looks. i was really excited about the grundy figure for example, but he just came out looking like any old crusty generic zombie, not very grundy like at all, same with bizarro, looked like a dried up cadaver in a super suit

Freakin Grundy only has 6 POA! I was so ready to buy him until I read from someone who bought him that he has no hip/knee articulation! WTF? As much as I was loking forward to getting him, no way! I don't buy statues, so I'll just wait till DCSH & the 4HM come out with a better, way more articulated Grundy in the near future. Way to mess up a highly anticipated figure DCDirect!

Does he really need more though? His arms are pretty articulated, he has ball jointed shoulders that can allow him to assume several positions with them. Does he need to be posed sitting down? Or crouched? Or on his knees?

Probably not. I don't see a need for any more articulation personally. At least this Grundy is huge. Mattel would do a puny, shiney little brittle figure anyway. I'd prefer DCD just do another regular one. They should do one from the Long Haloween.

Shazam could of been a great figure if it wasnt for his shoulder joints....

I think Grundy really stands out from the rest of series4.

I'll probobly pick him up this weekend.

Got any pics? I didn't even know they were out!

Does he really need more though? His arms are pretty articulated, he has ball jointed shoulders that can allow him to assume several positions with them. Does he need to be posed sitting down? Or crouched? Or on his knees?

Probably not. I don't see a need for any more articulation personally. At least this Grundy is huge. Mattel would do a puny, shiney little brittle figure anyway. I'd prefer DCD just do another regular one. They should do one from the Long Haloween.

I guess you buy figures just to stand them there on your shelf. I like to pose my figures in lots of different positions & battle poses vs other figures & this Grundy statue with all his 6 POA cannot be posed in any other position but just standing there. No thanks, I'll pass. Also, considering how awesome & big & with way more POA DCSH made their classic Darkseid figure look, I have no doubts the 4HM will do a a Grundy figure large & with way more POA. They only dropped the ball scale wise with Doomsday. Darkseid looks to be at least 7' tall & that's how big Grundy will be. But hey, I'm glad you are enjoying your Grundy statue.

I bought them today and I like them. I had high hopes for Zatanna because if the picture on the box was what is going to be offered in terms of facial sculpt, I would be stoked but alas...Zatanna... doesn't look like the picture on the box...so, still no really good Zatanna yet. But all in all, I'm a big fan of the Alex Ross Justice League series and pissed that I missed wave 3. Hawkman is cool. I like this version than the Identity Crisis version.

justice4_blackadam.sized.jpg

justice4_shazam.sized.jpg

justice4_solomon.sized.jpg

justice4_zatanna.sized.jpg

justice_hawkman.sized.jpg

They look pretty bad :S

I had no idea this set was out! I'm still looking for GL, WW and the Joker!

Arch

I bought them today and I like them. I had high hopes for Zatanna because if the picture on the box was what is going to be offered in terms of facial sculpt, I would be stoked but alas...Zatanna... doesn't look like the picture on the box...so, still no really good Zatanna yet. But all in all, I'm a big fan of the Alex Ross Justice League series and pissed that I missed wave 3. Hawkman is cool. I like this version than the Identity Crisis version.

I am a huge fan of Alex Ross, and the figures based on his art also. I have bought the entire series thus far..and probably will get the one still to be released. The series has in general produced the best figure of each character out there, but some could use a few improvments.

Tim Bruckner scuplted Zartanna...and i agree..the picture on the box looks better. Zartanna's neck appears to be too long and the gaze slightly more upward.

Hawkman's face does look a little goofy......just like, Aquaman, Superman's ( Now Angry Faced superman is Awsome!) . With the mask Hawkman looks great.

I like all the other characters in this series.

One of my favorite DC Direct lines right now, I have a set on the way but couldn't wait to pick up Hawkman. I got one at my LCS and I'm impressed, the paintjob is right on the money, the wings stay in place, the facial expression is kinda goofy, but it has the helmet to cover it so no big deal there.

Overall a great figure, can't wait for series 5 now.

MVC-056S.jpg

I guess you buy figures just to stand them there on your shelf. I like to pose my figures in lots of different positions & battle poses vs other figures & this Grundy statue with all his 6 POA cannot be posed in any other position but just standing there. No thanks, I'll pass. Also, considering how awesome & big & with way more POA DCSH made their classic Darkseid figure look, I have no doubts the 4HM will do a a Grundy figure large & with way more POA. They only dropped the ball scale wise with Doomsday. Darkseid looks to be at least 7' tall & that's how big Grundy will be. But hey, I'm glad you are enjoying your Grundy statue.

I love to see a DCSH Grundy too but givin the point that DC's only given Mattel the rights for Batman and Superman characters....does Grundy include in them?

thanks for the pics :)

zantana looks funny in that last one, Ican't f igure out why...

That hawkman looks great though I may get him, I'm not sure though... I sorta want shazam and BA as well but again....

One of my favorite DC Direct lines right now, I have a set on the way but couldn't wait to pick up Hawkman. I got one at my LCS and I'm impressed, the paintjob is right on the money, the wings stay in place, the facial expression is kinda goofy, but it has the helmet to cover it so no big deal there.

Overall a great figure, can't wait for series 5 now.

MVC-056S.jpg

I really like that Hawkman, much better than the last guerilla armed one.