New VERY CLEAR shots of Movie Prime!

SentinelPrime

I think this is where they got the idea for his head, and I am very serious when I say that Hasbro is most likely getting paid off to shut up about these designs.

http://masterswildlifeservices.com/images/...wildabeast1.jpg

I'm hoping that Hasbro has a Q&A at Botcon and that they share their views about the figures in an open venue. It's really hard for me to believe that they are moving away from the basic TF concepts that made (and are still making) them a butt-load of money.

I compare this to when the Coca-Cola Company announced they were changing the Coke formula. There were a lot of people really upset before the change occured even though some people were saying "give it a chance". Coke lost a lot of money over it and changed back to the original formula. Moral of the story: Don't fix what isn't broken. @bH@

how are these designs moving away from the basic concept of Transformers. from what I can tell, the basic concept of TF's are robots that transform into vehicles and weapons...which these are.

and the example of new coke couldn't be more incorrect. new coke wasn't hated because people didn't like it. in fact, taste tests proved that consumers did in fact like new coke, they just didn't like that the original coke was no longer available and they boycotted new coke because of it. it wasn't a matter of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think what Bay and Co. might be going for is a somewhat mechanical alien look, and I absolutely love it. Prime looks very cool to me. Megatron? Ahh...I'm still not too sure about him. And I'm like others in that I really can't see how they're gonna make toys for children that're not complicated to transform. These movie designs look as if they have a very, VERY intricate and complicated transformation process. So it'll be very interesting to see what Hasbro does. Looks like it'll definitely be a challenge...

how are these designs moving away from the basic concept of Transformers. from what I can tell, the basic concept of TF's are robots that transform into vehicles and weapons...which these are.

and the example of new coke couldn't be more incorrect. new coke wasn't hated because people didn't like it. in fact, taste tests proved that consumers did in fact like new coke, they just didn't like that the original coke was no longer available and they boycotted new coke because of it. it wasn't a matter of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, it is my opinion that the new designs/concepts are more alien than robot. The new designs do, however, sort of look like Transmetals 2 figures in robot mode. I guess I'll have to wait and see them in action (but those head designs are just ugly -- I'd be ok with Prime's head if his face plate was non-removable).

And you are right about the new coke (my bad, I was only 9 or 10 at the time and only remember news stories about how people hated the new coke). @smilepunch@

Im 100% sure it will look better when ILM is done with him. The face has a very Human touch to it. Meaning he will be able to display Emotion. I think were all under estimating ILM. they have the power to make these Bots come to life. The more I look at him the more I like it. He's Much better than Megatron and a billion times better than Starscream.

prime3.jpg

How did he go from this VVVVVV to THIS?! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

optimus1.jpg

Bleh.... Why would a robot have a nose.... they can't smell, can they? lol I dont know... haha

Bleh.... Why would a robot have a nose.... they can't smell, can they? lol I dont know... haha

They've had noses since FOREVER.

'Bots like Prime and Soundwave are the weirdos, with their faceplates on all the time, or no mouth at all. (I never believed they actually were wearing the plates - I think it's their face!)

Then, there's Shockwave. Good ol' Lightbulb-For-A-Face.

Tom

Well, it is my opinion that the new designs/concepts are more alien than robot. The new designs do, however, sort of look like Transmetals 2 figures in robot mode. I guess I'll have to wait and see them in action (but those head designs are just ugly -- I'd be ok with Prime's head if his face plate was non-removable).

I absolutley agree. I think the intention was to make them look like living creatures that are also robotic, not just robots, which I think creates a different visual. for this movie to be believable, I think the audience, which is going to have to be much larger than the tiny Transformer fan base to carry a $100 million plus movie, will have to believe first and foremost that these are living, "breathing" aliens, that just happen to be robots and transform, not simply robots that are cars or planes.

optimus1.jpg

Yea Thats Just Beautiful , dont get Me wrong I would Have Prefered that any Day. In fact what we really should be asking for is a Transformer Cartoon Movie. One where Prime Doesnt Die and Megatron isnt turned into Unicrons B*&^#

It's kind of like Hasbro is paying us back for all the mean things fans have said about them over the years.

Sort of when you throw a temper tantrum as a kid and start crying, and your mom yells "YOU WANT TO CRY I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT" right in the middle of the JCPenney's dressing room and TOTALLY EMBARASSES YOU IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

But, honestly... what is this, now? I gave up on the movie weeks ago, and now all I have left is to pick at the gnarled bones left behind. The design looks disgusting, and his pull-apart face action is disturbing. Plus, his eyes look like they're being pulled to the sides of his helmet...

GOD. I could go on, but I think there's an incoming mortar out there with my name on it that'll put me out of my misery.

Tom

That picture on your sig, you did that yourself? I noticed that it is based off a cover from the original Marvel Transformers, where Shockwave deactivates all the Autobots and takes them to the Ark. He is so badass, I wish they put him in the movie. Wait....do I?

Good lord; does he have freaking pincer-fangs on his mouth?

Nope...those would be nostrils. The actual mouth is near the bottom of the face.

Nope...those would be nostrils. The actual mouth is near the bottom of the face.

Yeah, after I looked at it from a distance I noticed that, I think I didn't see it before because the mouth is so low on the face.

And I didn't exactly expect him to have giant gorilla nostrils.

Yikes.

Yeah, after I looked at it from a distance I noticed that, I think I didn't see it before because the mouth is so low on the face.

Yikes.

Well...he WAS a gorilla back in the Beast Wars days. Maybe this is the movie's way of combining both Autobot and Maximal looks together.

Yikes.

Well...he WAS a gorilla back in the Beast Wars days. Maybe this is the movie's way of combining both Autobot and Maximal looks together.

Maybe.

What a great idea. @rolleye@

Personaly I hate the naked type look... & the t2 look just does not work with these... at least not with all the junk in there... cover it up or something geez..