Best way to hang vehicles?

Mig

I have been given the proverbial green light to set up a toy closet (whoo hooo!!!). Anyone have any ideas on how to hang vehicles? I bought fishing line but I am wondering if I need to by hooks that screw into the ceiling or if I can use the long rod that my cloths would hang on? Do vehicles hang ok if they are strung from a rod (meaning that there is one focal point for the fishing line to tie into) or should I get hooks that screw into the ceiling so I can hang the line from different focal points?

I use push-pins to hang my ships, no fishing line though. I use some sort of thread that's super tough.

I have hanging in my ceiling an X-wing, Slave-1, Vader's Tie Fighter and a 12" Speeder bike with Scout Trooper.

I've had them hanging there for about three years now.

I had a couple of my helicopters and gunships hanging in my basement.. my cousin knocked one down with his big ol' head, lol.. and I took the other one down... I have them attached to screws and pipes, cause it's in the basement)... the only thing I see is the real heavy vehicles might need something better than a small hook screwed into the drywall, unless you put some sort of support in first.. then that'd probably work...

As for one hanging point.. it's not gonna work.. you'll need to balance and hang in at least 2 spots.. or like my gunship, 4 spots...

this is the only pics I have with my hanging stuff, that's been whored around the net for the last year or so, lol..

MESS.jpg

oh... and in these, you can see some of the fishing wire on the gunship

CloneArmy008.jpg

CloneArmy007.jpg

hope that helps.

sweet topic I have been meaning to ask the same question... I have a few things I want to hang from my ceiling as well..

-Xwing

-Tie Fighter

-GunShip

- Rattler

- SkyStriker

anyways anyone know of a tutorial or any website that might provide more information on this topic? Can a few more people post some pictures?

Here's a little hint: the gunship is balanced at the button on top. So you don't need to use multiple points to hang one, unless you're doing a tilted, taking-off kind of pose. I've had mine hanging by the button with fishing line, doubled, which gives it more than enough strength to hold the ship and a full load of clones.

The hardest one to hang in my opinion, is the Tri-Fighter.

Dude nicely done!!

I love the other troopers allready jumping ship there as well !! :)

I wonder if hasbro is ever gona put out different colored jetpack clones... each arc ship should come with at least one or two with a jetpack you would think heh!