DC Super Heroes Wave 4 pics

Batman27

was the bizarro variant ever made from series 2?

I'm pretty sure we never got the "Bizarro #1" medallion variant...it was never produced to my knowledge.

True. However, it is possible that a variant Bizzaro exist, but not in the style we think. Several members from LegionsofGothem found a possible Bizzaro variant that has eye balls.

http://legionsofgotham.proboards70.com/ind...read=1148080132

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the bizarro variant ever made from series 2?

I'm pretty sure we never got the "Bizarro #1" medallion variant...it was never produced to my knowledge.

True. However, it is possible that a variant Bizzaro exist, but not in the style we think. Several members from LegionsofGothem found a possible Bizzaro variant that has eye balls.

http://legionsofgotham.proboards70.com/ind...read=1148080132

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the link, it is too bad that the pics aren't clear enough to really see the differences in the eyes. There were also some pics that showed differences in the backwards "S" insignia, odd.

So where is the Supergirl variant that was supposed to come out in wave four?

There's pics of her in that other thread Doom Saber mentioned. It's just repainted with black skirt and boots, and the yellow on the "S" shield was painted black too. @grumpy@

There's pics of her in that other thread Doom Saber mentioned. It's just repainted with black skirt and boots, and the yellow on the "S" shield was painted black too. @grumpy@

???????? What????? From the pics from the SDCC the next Supergirl that was supposed to be coming out was the Kara Zor-El Supergirl dressed in the new costume featured in the current comics. So, any word on when the Kara Zor-El Supergirl will be seeing the light of day, or even see it at all?

I don't seem to recall the Linda Danvers Supergirl ever wearing a black skirt. Did Mattel just make it up for no reason??

Yeah, I'm a little perplexed as well...black skirt and boots, weird. I'm still wondering when the Kara Zor-El Supergirl is going to be released, that's the one I'm waiting for.

I'm liking that Luthor figure! So are the Supergirl and Steel figures wave 5??? I thought THEY were 4.

I JUST picked up the wave three Bats and the Supes/Bizarro 2 pack.....now it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with doubles if I want Clark Kent and Batgirl. Oh well, DCSH are looking pretty cool if ya ask me.

One thing I DO want is a contemporary Lois Lane. How does such a huge charactor in Supes history always get overlooked? DCD has a couple goofy versions of her from the 40's and 50's, lets get her updated!

???????? What????? From the pics from the SDCC the next Supergirl that was supposed to be coming out was the Kara Zor-El Supergirl dressed in the new costume featured in the current comics. So, any word on when the Kara Zor-El Supergirl will be seeing the light of day, or even see it at all?

I don't seem to recall the Linda Danvers Supergirl ever wearing a black skirt. Did Mattel just make it up for no reason??

The Kara Zor-El version is still coming out ....eventually.

And yes, Mattel did just make up that repaint with the black skirt & boots for no reason. The fist one's a huge pegwarmer (everywhere I've seen anyways), that black repaint might as well go straight into the clearance bin. Mattel should call that repaint "Smash Blade Supergirl". @pow@

What I'm worried most about is I can see Mattel making Luthor & Darkseid 1 per case and the repaint Superman & repaint Supergirl being 2 per case or more. @sad@

Wow, I missed the other thread, what with the title being Doomsday and all.

-Lex is a great sculpt, but the paint job is awful.

-Darkseid's paint job sucks too.

-Braniac looks really creepy. I'd rather have a humaniod version.

-Is series 4 Supes different than series 2?

The variants of Superman and Supergirl are pretty stupid, I might get them if I see them, but I won't be missing out on anything obviously.

Two packs exclusive Babra Gordon and Clark Kent look cool. Shame you have to buy an old figure to get them. Stupid Mattel.

I still need to find Freeze and Azreal from series 3!

The Kara Zor-El version is still coming out ....eventually.

And yes, Mattel did just make up that repaint with the black skirt & boots for no reason. The fist one's a huge pegwarmer (everywhere I've seen anyways), that black repaint might as well go straight into the clearance bin. Mattel should call that repaint "Smash Blade Supergirl". @pow@

@loll@ Perhaps they will call her that.

I'm not very happy now. Why oh why does Mattel like to do this? They show us the new Supergirl figure at the SDCC and then decide not to release her until an unnamed future wave. The first Supergirl didn't even make it to my local stores, they were all overstocked with wave one Batman pegwarmers and probably will again when the new Batman wave comes. I'm guessing my local stores skipped on the Superman wave of this line because they had overabundances of the Superman Returns figures.

I saw the remnants of this wave at 2 Walmarts today, of course I got there just a little too late, I only actually held in my hand Braniac and I guess battle damaged Supe? This Superman is actually pretty cool. Different head and I believe body, only swivel waist articulation. It looks more ... Superman like.

Do you have pics of the battle damaged Supes, to see how different he his from the 4HM sculpt?

Sorry bro, I didn't pick it up yet because I wanted to get Lex and Darkseid at the same time. I will probably go on a run tonight, I'll take a picture of it with my cell cam and post it.

I like Darkseid, although he looks too small.

and Luthor is cool, even though he is mostly just a repainted Mr Freeze

Mr. Freeze is actually a modified Luthor. I'm pretty sure the Horsemen sculpted the Luthor first.

PJ

I'm not sure why the would do that. They sculpted Mr. Freeze for the Batman line a few years ago. Why would they have made a Lex figure for a line that wasn't even conceived of at the time?

Sorry bro, I didn't pick it up yet because I wanted to get Lex and Darkseid at the same time. I will probably go on a run tonight, I'll take a picture of it with my cell cam and post it.

Please do post some pictures if you can take them tonight. I will be really happy if wave 4 is out already.

Please do post some pictures if you can take them tonight. I will be really happy if wave 4 is out already.

Ditto, take pictures of Darkseid, Brainiac and Luthor if you can as well ;)

Very cool that you found series 4, but it's a little disturbing also. I just found the last two figures I needed from Series 3 last week and now series 4 is out! So it's cool that they're out there now. But it's disturbing because...

1. Superman isn't the Battle Damaged Superman sculpted by the Horsemen, but rather the Mattel in House teams Superman from the Batman line.

and

2. I have series 3, 4 & 5 pre-ordered from BBTS and still haven't received my Series 3 from them yet. So that means either they'll all ship togethter or their all going to be this late.

I like Darkseid, although he looks too small.

and Luthor is cool, even though he is mostly just a repainted Mr Freeze

Mr. Freeze is actually a modified Luthor. I'm pretty sure the Horsemen sculpted the Luthor first.

PJ

I'm not sure why the would do that. They sculpted Mr. Freeze for the Batman line a few years ago. Why would they have made a Lex figure for a line that wasn't even conceived of at the time?

The Horsemen sculpted a couple of figures (Lex & Darkseid) There could have been others sculpted as well, but those are the two I remember. From what I remember they were trying to pitch a 6" Superman line...I think they (Mattel) wanted the Batman/Superman 2-pack to be a launch of it.

PJ

Kill Solo - Thanks so much for taking the picture. I can't believe Mattel is repacking that piece of crap with this line. Why couldn't they just do a battle damaged version of the new Superman sculpt? They have taken some very large steps forward with the articulation in this line and then they go back to this figure.

It's very dissappointing to see, but I just hope they aren't packing this Superman 4 per case. Did you happen to see what the case ratio was?

Also, are they packing this wave with comics or the cardboard dioramas like wave 3?

"I'm not sure why the would do that. They sculpted Mr. Freeze for the Batman line a few years ago. Why would they have made a Lex figure for a line that wasn't even conceived of at the time?"

the new mr freeze has the same head and torso as the original figure...the arms and legs are from the newly sculpted luthor figure...this was done to add quite a bit of articulation....skott

Recycle toy parts is something that was done for years, so reusing mr freeze for Luthor isn't hard to believe. For example, Weapon X from the Walmart Marvel Legends line is made by the 4hm, yet they didn't do the torso, legs, and parts of the arms. A few waves before, one of TB's in house sculpted brown wolverine, which the body is used for AOA Weapon X.

Heck, Hasbro gave some of their old T crotch GI figures some o rings two years later

Like their he-man staction figs, 4hm just took a 2003 Mr freeze and modified it into Luthor.