New project - Energon Prime (large) overhaul!

Dark_Lord_Prime

The legs take away from the gimmick of combining, but he looks better than he did. I still think Cybertron Prime is the best of the bunch in the Unicron Trilogy.

eh.. I never intended to use those stupid drones, and I didn't like the pics of any of his other super-modes, so no big loss there. ;)

You are correct about Cybertron Prime, but half-assed (Armada PLX) + crappy (Energon Super) = decent figure. :D

Synch: Oh, ye of little faith.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No pics yet, but I'm in the final stage of fixing his right arm!

I've just finished grafting (Armada) Bendy Prime's elbow into his forearm.

I cut e-Prime's bicep off of his shoulder joint, and have grafted the bicep (socket) part of Bendy's arm onto it, so now his arm will be able to swivel 360 degrees (or 180, after everything is reassembled), which should allow me to position them better behind his newly-shortened back for alt mode. :D

Oddly enough, Deluxe-sized Bendy's elbow and bicep are almost exactly the same size as Super-class e-Prime's elbow and bicep. Go figure. :)

I'm considering paint his entire torso red (metal-flake/shimmer?), and the fenders black. I think this will give the illusion that he's narrower at the hips than he actually is.

The funky blue-grey of his head, fists and legs are gonna be redone in blue (blue metal-flake/shimmer or True Blue Pearl?).

I may leave his chest white. Dunno yet.

can't wait to see it, you can only make this toy better no matter someone does to it :D

The only good to come out of this toy was that trippy ass insecticon mode haha! I'd like to see someoen actaully make a repaint/ fully transformable insecton out of that s ucker :P

can't wait to see it, you can only make this toy better no matter someone does to it :D

The only good to come out of this toy was that trippy ass insecticon mode haha! I'd like to see someoen actaully make a repaint/ fully transformable insecton out of that s ucker :P

What is this insecticon mode you speak of? Pics? Linky?

I've solved the "feets-with-fists" problem! :D

Behold! I've cut the fist off one of the feet, and am currently grafting half of a Bionicle foot in its place.

DSCF0039.jpg

And here's a shot with the other Bionicle foot, to show how it looked before I cut it in half.

DSCF0040.jpg

I'll need to put in some putty and trim the sides of the Bionicle foot down, so it'll fit into Prime's leg where the fist used to fold in for bot mode.

I LOVE my Bionicles!! :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

One leg done!

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

I cut the wheel panel out of e-Prime's leg cover and cut off one of a-Prime's wheel posts, then grafted the panel onto the front half of the leg with epoxy putty and glue.

Still wondering if I should fill in the trailer bed extensions (gold Bionicle pieces) with putty and sand 'em down closer to what Bendy Prime's look like, but other than that, the leg is complete.