Fantastic Four Animated Series (Spoilers)

JayC

Its a mix of 3D CGI (backgorunds and environments) and classic 2D handdrawn (The characters.) I believe the Spider-Man series you refer was all CGI.

Yeah thats the one

I was hoping This F4 would look like the old school look that spiderman and xmen were made the 90's version's...

Well I didn't think the animation was to bad and the story though not groundbreaking wasn't to bad. Id say this series has potential.

I agree I thought it was pretty good. Also I thought Ronan the Accuser was a nice unusual choice for a villain. Cool to see the Supreme Intelligence too. I'll definately watch more.

Dagblastit! I missed seeing this episode on account of me getting some. Was it any good & were the Kree Sentries & Ronan the accuser comic accurate?

I am watching it right now.. it says it is called "Doomsday," but it has Ronin the Accuser in it.

so far, Reed and Sue's voices are off... and Johnny's hair is ultra crappy.. too much anime-style

I missed the first showing I think.. but it was on at 5pm pacific.

It is scheduled to be on again:

Doomsday 9/9 7am

Trial by Fire 9/9 5pm

both are cartoon network, I am not sure if it will actually be those episodes though... the one I watched was Trial by Fire, although my tivo said it was Doomsday

No one is saying anything about that big "4" painted across Ben's chest? Whoever though of that,I want to slap them silly. Don't know why but this episode made you feel you were dropped in the middle of the series. As to the animation, I can live with or without it. After all,this series is suppose to be aimed at the Teen Titan series crowd.

Why do you call it Japanimation when the production credits show American staff. That's like back in the 90's when people called "Aeon Flux"...Japanimation when it wasn't.

What you are seeing from comics to animation are Americans adopting certain parts of anime or manga and incorporating their style to those character design.

But because something looks different from animation that you are used to...doesn't mean it's from Japan.

--

Btw...as for the reply of the four on the Thing. I can understand what you mean... but you know, I chalk it up to something like the Ultimate Avengers line. As someone who is not at all accustomed to the Ultimate line, I see the new Fantastic Four as something like the Ultimate Avengers movies...that I'll just take it as something different and enjoy it for what it is.

This is like the fourth or so version of the Fantastic Four animated series. So, far my feelings is that I don't like the intro that well. I don't know...even the old school Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends felt it had a punchier intro.

Personally, I'd like to see action figures out with this style of Fantastic Four. It would definitely be something different.

kndy

Why do you call it Japanimation when the production credits show American staff. That's like back in the 90's when people called "Aeon Flux"...Japanimation when it wasn't. kndy

It's neither American or Japanese. It's produced by Moonscoop who are a French company.

Personally, I'd like to see action figures out with this style of Fantastic Four. It would definitely be something different.

kndy

series 1 and 2 were shown awhile ago and they looked awesome, but unfortunatly the buzz is that the line got canned before it ever made it to stores :(