I found series 14!!!!!

commander Neryo

I went to the tri-county wal-mart in sharonsville Ohio and a guy that works there put out two cases and kept all the varients but gave me a set of the normal figs. out of the goodness of his heart. I then asked if he would be willing to give me a set of the varients and he said "do not push it" But he said if I gave him back the normal falcon he would give me the Varient. So I said ok. The total bill was $50.03. Not bad for a set of figs. Sorry I can not give pics I do not have a camera.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...the powers of a Wal-Mart worker. Bet that was one heck of a power trip for 'em "Do not push it. I'm....I'm an employ-ee here buster. That means that I get the toys I want first. Yup. Me. 'Cause I'm important. Really."

Anywho, awesome! It's always cool to find 'em all at once.....given that you've got the cash at the time. I like suprise hauls like that.

Dude, find the nearest CSS & report him. What he did is illegal & he could be fired for that... WM is hardcore about hoarding from regular customers.

Congrats on the score; 50.03 sounds about retail & tax round these hills.

Congrats on your find.

But that WM employee should be reported....

Are you guys saying that if you were in his shoes and found a set of ML14 variants plus a set of the regular figures you wouldn't try to keep them? I sure as heck would.

Congrats on your find.

Are you guys saying that if you were in his shoes and found a set of ML14 variants plus a set of the regular figures you wouldn't try to keep them? I sure as heck would.

If we were in his shoes he we would know better than to brag about it to the people coming in asking for them & not say a word :P

as soon as he said "don't push it," I would have said, "okay.. let me just go find your manager."

actually, he would have gave them all to me in the first place...

I am guessing our Commander Neryo is a young buck the employee knew he could push around

Congrats on your find.

If we were in his shoes he we would know better than to brag about it to the people coming in asking for them & not say a word :P

i sure as hell wouldnt say anything :P

as soon as he said "don't push it," I would have said, "okay.. let me just go find your manager."

actually, he would have gave them all to me in the first place...

I am guessing our Commander Neryo is a young buck the employee knew he could push around

Haha, a young buck @lol@

This employee has a lot of nerve in my opinion, he tells you "don't push it," who's the customer here?!?! If anyone was "pushing it," the award would go to this employee. If anybody had any right to those figures, it would be a paying customer, not him.

eh, i'm sure the "don't push it" was just a joke and not a threat. i don't think the workers should get first crack at the figures, but at the same time i hardly think it's something to potentially get a guy fired over. as long as he's a collector himself and not just a scalper i say good for him that he got the set he wanted

I'd report him to the store manager. And if no action was taken, I'd write a letter to corporate. Why? Because the damn walmart employees in my area keep ALL of the new MLs that come in if they're rare, and sell them on ebay for a profit. I heard this from 3 different employees, including a manager.

With that said, Ohio huh? I went to my walmart today and found nothing, maybe I'll wake up bright and early and go to it again tomorrow, maybe they'll have a box out.

eh, i'm sure the "don't push it" was just a joke and not a threat. i don't think the workers should get first crack at the figures, but at the same time i hardly think it's something to potentially get a guy fired over. as long as he's a collector himself and not just a scalper i say good for him that he got the set he wanted

I don't think it was a threat, but it still took some nerve to be so nonchalant about it. I wouldn't go out of my way to fire the guy, but I'd tell him straight-up that he shouldn't be hoarding the same figures he supposed to be stocking.

And if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be doing the same thing...because I don't want the variants in this series ;)

When he said that he ment it as a joke but I am going back to day to report him.

Good for you man customers come first. Hell I've been in many a situation where a customer wanted a certain movie that I planned on renting that night but I gave it up to a customer that wanted it. It's just the right thing to do.

Although I'm not saying there shouldn't be anything for the employee either because they make such a crappy salary that they deserve some perks. I don't know why he opened it in the front anyway where someone could see him with them. But if a customer does see you with them the best course of operation would be to give them up until next time.

The idea that an employee wouldn't let you buy something you wanted is ridiculous. You should definitely report the sh*t out of him. Walmart will bury him. I would hope so, anyway. But then Walmart has the most useless customer service department in the world, so who knows if any good will come of it.

If i worked at a WM or Target and found a fig in a case i really really wanted i'd keep it for myself also, i wouldn't say anything weird to a customer that wanted it though,well i might make up a sob story so the other collector would let me have it i'd find a nice poilite way of being able to keep it :P but i'd try to be where no one could see me if i did find one so they wouldn't know it was there anyway heh, sure i'd be working there but i'd also be a customer would i not? i mean i wouldn't be able to just steal the thing i'd have to pay for it right? right, but usely i don't want the variants so it prolly wouldn't be a variant heh, like if i was working at one and found a Dark Phoenix you would have to kill me to pry her away from my cold dead hands even if she was broken in package, i'd find a way to fix her :P

Now i don't know if its a worker or local scalper or what but i have NEVER seen a variant of ANYTHING but those lame FF movie rotos and i have feeling those weren't true variants, not even a freaking grey Bullseye or green FA Hulk and to my knowledge they were some of the easiest to find variants ever heh.

And no i do not work at one, i have no job atm, cept cutting grass here and there for a couple people.

Glad to hear they are poping up all over. That makes both coasts now. I know people are already complaining about this wave being not so good but I like what I ahve seen beyond mojo being kinda tiny.

All I can hope is that I get a chase case and I can trade chases I don't want to get another gold iron man to open. Want a pair of the old clunker armors open and MOC;)

Congrats on the find and keep at those wal marts. when they put out cases like that it is usualy iwhin 1 or 2 weeks that they replenish them..then it takes a while after that one..lol

if you take the figures and buy it right away, it is not overstocking.

I work at a toys r us, and I do pretty much the same thing...I do no scalp, but I always get first dibs in the figures I want.

I remember the time when a customer saw me putting a case of classic FF figures out, and asked me where the Super Skrulls were.....ooops. B)