So they finally make an S6 Baroness

Three Storms

and they make her the least posable of the 2.5" bunch:

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album...800&start=0

Because of her role in Cobra, she's always been one of my favorites, but (with the exception of the first 3-3/4" one) they just can't do her proper justice. That black bodysuit design would have been so cool in a bigger figure, or even as the small one if posed better.

That's the Baroness???

I could imagine Destro breaking the news to Baroness after getting a phone call.

Baroness: Who was that, my love?

Destro: *hangs up* Well, my dear, Catwoman called. She wants her suit back.

thats awsome lol.

Man, I really think you should re-name this thread letting people know it is not the 8" line you are talking about.

Thats a disappointment I coulda done without today! @pow@

She looks just generic & plain enough for them to base an 8" female mold off this...so thats kinda promising.

s6baroness2.jpg

I agree she is very Trinity meets Catwoman meets X-23 meets crap knows what else!

Not too original looking...but it's good to see a figure of her....even if it's a little statue thing.

Guest McBragg

Blah the 2.5 junk is garbage. Now a 8 one I could dig, but that is a long, long way off.

Draven

Now, I;m sure the 2.5" line has it fans, and they might be offended by that remark about the garbage they collect. @smilepunch@

The package art kicks butt, I'd buy a collection of the box art over any of the toys.

Why, oh why is it when ever a new 2.5" vehicle is shown some fool somewhere says "I bet a 3 3/4" figure could fit in there!"

to quote Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor "WRONG!!!"

I'm finding the 2.5 vehicles to be hit-or-miss. The VAMP , Firebat and the Dragonhawk, thus far, are the only ones that I've found to be worth getting. The rest is nothing more than "Sigma 6 Unleashed". I apologize to those SW fans that love those little statuette multipacks, but I find them to be complete garbage just like these Mission Packs are.

The HISS Tank is ridiculously out of proportion, compared to its 3.75" cousin. And I'm not too sure what to think of the S6 version of the Cobra Trooper, with his "arctic" paint scheme. Is that supposed to be the "standard-issue" color of the Cobra grunt in S6? White and grey? He looks vaguely like a Clone Trooper.

The Iron Hammer is very reminescent of Exo Squad, so that at least has SOME redeeming quality to it. And it has a docking connector to attach it to the Dragonhawk.

The only other two vehicles that I even have any interest in is the Razor's Edge with Firefly and the RHINO Copter with Scarlett.

Guest McBragg

there's two versions of the Cobra trooper in the sigma six cartoon, the grey jump suit with white armor, etc and the grey jumpsuit with black (really very dark grey) armor, etc. Same uniform design, different color. No clue as to why, Cobra's human goons take a backseat to BATS.

I know it's been said that a Scarlett mold with some tweaking would make for a bad base for a Baroness figure. I've been thinking about it a little though, and even moreso know than ever do I disagree.

There are similarities.

They both wear bodysuit type outfits, and both have long gloves that go above the elbows. The only real difference is the head. The differences would be:

the head

the holes that are found in the sigma suits would not be on Baroness.

Here are some things to do to differentiate the two.

As far as the gloves are concerned, make it so that the thing that holds the little vials that are on Scarlett's left arm is removable. Make some of the features on the sigma suit non existant like there are areas on the regular Heavy Duty he's missing a few of the holes. As for the gloves, since Baroness' are fingerless and provide a glimpse of her cybernetic like fingers and , make the gloves removable (like the pants for some of the Sigma guys and Storm Shadow).

Either way, I want an 8 inch Baroness. Scarlett is already in the works. All that's left is Jinx. One way to solve this dilemma of having female characters and not having the figures is DON'T HAVE FEMALE CHARACTERS if you're not going to make the corresponding figures. I don't think Hasbro's marketing department has very accurate information. Female figures do sell well considering they're in the show. I remember when Power Rangers first came out, my friends and I all had the female Rangers along with the male Rangers.

Man, I really think you should re-name this thread letting people know it is not the 8" line you are talking about.

Thats a disappointment I coulda done without today! @pow@

She looks just generic & plain enough for them to base an 8" female mold off this...so thats kinda promising.

s6baroness2.jpg

I agree she is very Trinity meets Catwoman meets X-23 meets crap knows what else!

Not too original looking...but it's good to see a figure of her....even if it's a little statue thing.

Well personally I would prefer to have her under-done than over-done down with pegs for attachments and all sorts of other stuff to try to make her look more sci-fi.

Simple straight-forward figures are what S6 lacks as they slowly turn S6 into a cross between Microman and the Centurions with all the plug-ins.

Either way, I want an 8 inch Baroness. Scarlett is already in the works. All that's left is Jinx. One way to solve this dilemma of having female characters and not having the figures is DON'T HAVE FEMALE CHARACTERS if you're not going to make the corresponding figures. I don't think Hasbro's marketing department has very accurate information. Female figures do sell well considering they're in the show. I remember when Power Rangers first came out, my friends and I all had the female Rangers along with the male Rangers.

We hear all the time Scarlett is in the works...then someone generally says that is not true.

The 2-pack with Flint is a rumour (As far as I know).

Put the women in 2-packs with popular males & they will sell as well as the male they are in with. Its that simple with this line.

You know that on the 4kids sight for Sigma 6 Scarlett is the second most popular character.

Hence why seeing no women at the moment is more than likely due to cost & not the characters popularity. Their gender would not help them at all, no.

Well personally I would prefer to have her under-done than over-done down with pegs for attachments and all sorts of other stuff to try to make her look more sci-fi.

Simple straight-forward figures are what S6 lacks as they slowly turn S6 into a cross between Microman and the Centurions with all the plug-ins.

I am a fan of both kind of figures, though like yourself I do prefer 'simple'.

Over-done figures have their strengths...& simple figures often look great.

So either is fine with me. I'd definately prefer simple for Baroness & Scarlett.

By the way...thats an awesome sig Three Storms LOL

We hear all the time Scarlett is in the works...then someone generally says that is not true.

The 2-pack with Flint is a our (As far as I know).

Put the women in 2-packs with popular males & they will sell as well as the male they are in with. Its that simple with this line.

I haven't heard anything about an S6 Flint. That'd be interesting.

BTW, a thought. If Scarlett is the second most popular character according to the site, then there's a possibility that if these sets with Scarlett and Baroness sell well, they might give Hasbro the idea "Hey, these characters are good sellers, let's make 'em in the 8" scale with the main figures".

Either way, they should release a Scarlett, Baroness (and they should release a Jinx) All three could be easily done in Soldier class figures.

BTW, a thought. If Scarlett is the second most popular character according to the site, then there's a possibility that if these sets with Scarlett and Baroness sell well, they might give Hasbro the idea "Hey, these characters are good sellers, let's make 'em in the 8" scale with the main figures".

Then Hasbro's marketing department would step in and say "girls have cooties! They don't laugh at farts! They can't be part of S6!"

Don't forget it was dumb marketing decisions that have kept females out so far.

It's not dumb marketing. Girl figures simply do no appeal enough. As much as people might want to think differently, girls tend to be big shelf warmers when the toys are meant for young males.

They appeal as action figures if presented as such. Hasbro never had this problem with previous Joe incarnations, SW, or other lines until they decided it was a problem by their marketing department. What's left as peg-warmers instead? Almost everything else in S6.