UGP-Custom Imperial Tower

JoeRhyno

This is for a huge group project we're doing for next years Celebration 4... you can read about it here:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=58.0

Basically, we're gonna try and build a Star Wars World Diorama, a City, wpaceport, cantina.. housing.. shops...an Imperial garrison, swamplands, some rolling hills, a smaller settelment outside the city, mountains, with a hidden rebel base, a whole slew of stuff...

We were given assignments about a month ago.. each person was to build a certain type of building.. mine was an steel structure/building, so I went with an Imperial Tower based on our team leaders Concept Drawing...

ImpBuilding.jpg

So that's what I went with.. and while everything was still in W.I.P. stages.. it looked pretty neat... of course, after I painted the first coat, I saw the problem.. almost every little imperfection showed in the edges.. where it once looked like nice crisp corners, lol.. it turned into semi rounded in some places.. and actual corners in others.. so next one, will take a different approach for corners for sure.

Anyway.. without boring you any longer, here's the pics..

IMPtower006.jpg

IMPtower007.jpg

IMPtower008.jpg

I cobbled this radar tocether from some old modelkits.. it actually rotates which I thought was pretty cool...

IMPtower009.jpg

My son(2.75 years old) tried helping me paint this roof, lol.. we was so into "Daddy's clone trooper house" and while I was painting the dish.. he thought he'd help the paint dry and blow on it.. and some black got on the roof :( so I had to add the little drippies, lol.. I plan on adding vents of some sort, so I'm not too worried about it... the Radar dish was from the Clone Pilot, chopped the base off, then added some model parts to the dish part so it looked a little more complicated... the dish swivels and rotates :)

IMPtower011.jpg

IMPtower012.jpg

This is the main reason I fell behind... I just wasn't feeling the "tower" before as imperial.. an dI saw my bunker.. and thought.. hmmm. so I made this entrance.. and well, spent a little too much time on it, lol..

I do plan on going in and adding vents on one side(like the concept) and windows on another... I'm not making the balcony.. maybe on another tower.

And of course.. a mini dio..

IMPtower001.jpg

IMPtower003.jpg

I made the cool little eye scanner and entrance lever thing.. but I couldn't get a good pic of it.. it's the thing the Scout is using...

This last pic is to give you a good idea of the scale...

IMPtower017.jpg

I actually measured out how big it's be if it was around 2 stories and had all these measurements and crap, lol.. I honestly didn't think that much went into making buildings like this.. man.. it was a lot of work.. but I guess the more you make, the easier it'll be..

Well, let me know what you guys think, I'm kinda not really happy with the way it turned out, mainly, the corners, so, I think my next building will be a smaller, shed, type of building, so I can practice on corners...

If there's any TNI customizers out there that wanna help, we're more than looking ofr other people out there to help us.. if enough people are interested, we can even create a post here and talk about it and post pictures and stuff... It's not just a JediDefender project, it's a bunch of customizers from a number of sites, Commandocustoms, Yakface, Rebelscum.. the more the merrier :)

-Joe

Guest McBragg

Oh Sweet great job

That Rodian officer...?

Isn't the Empire racist against non humans?

It appears to be Greedo head on Garindan and he appears to be in custody.

I never understood racism against non-humans bit, which was never stated on film. Especially when some author created Admiral Thrawn, if there's a major exception to a rule then the rule is bogus. Besides, the Emperor had an alien apprentice and alien aides, all of whom knew he was a Sith. Sure, he was using them, but he's just using the Imperial military, too. Palpatine only cares about himself and power. Pawns are pawns, why stir up resistance by being racist? Surely, palps forsaw it would.

Oh Sweet great job

That Rodian officer...?

I never understood racism against non-humans bit, which was never stated on film. Especially when some author created Admiral Thrawn, if there's a major exception to a rule then the rule is bogus. Besides, the Emperor had an alien apprentice and alien aides, all of whom knew he was a Sith. Sure, he was using them, but he's just using the Imperial military, too. Palpatine only cares about himself and power. Pawns are pawns, why stir up resistance by being racist? Surely, palps forsaw it would.

OH ok I see his hands in cuffs now

Oh Sweet great job

That Rodian officer...?

Well, Thrawn was stationed out in the middle of nowhere and not too many members of the Empire even knew of his existance. And Palpatine was anti-alien from the get-go, he just used aliens to reach his goals. The novelization of Revenge of the Sith talks about how the Seperatists were composed of alien races for the sole purpose of taking their weapons, foundriews, etc for the Empire when it came to power and use them as scapegoats for the Clone Wars and Dooku mentions (whether Sidious felt the same, who knows, but probably) that Maul was just an animal, a well trained animal, but an animal none the less.

Plus, lets remember Palpy was the best at manipulating people.. If he openly trashed Alien races in the prequels.. I don tthink he would have lasted long, sith or no sith.. but if he embraced them.. and acted like he loved them.. well that's different.. what better way to do this is have some of your staff non-human...

Of course, after Episode 3 and what we'll be seeing in the next couple of years, he really doesn't need to impress anyone.. he's the Emperor.. if they dont like it, he'll just destroy their homeworld and squash them.