Ml Face Off Leader

Thy Juggalo

Am i the only person who had a problem with his right arm not being able to move the swivel...

I bought one set nut sac leader and his arm was tearing from trying to move the swivel...

Took it back got a new set...

This time i heat it under water to try and move the swivel on this one which is also the nut sac leader and the peg just tears off...

Does anyone have a idea of what figure would look good with a part swap since i have no idea how to replace the ball joint with a new one...

Im not pissed off since hulk is perfect he counts as 2 figures with his toy size...

Those kinds of problems are usually individual quality control issues. But not in this case I'm afraid. My Leader (longhead version), does the same thing. I guess he was just molded not to have equal articulation. It sort of bugs me, but he's otherwise a great figure, so I can look over it.

My Leader's arm is the same way, but I don't mind it, he's still a cool figure :D

My Leaders fine but not my Havok... :(

i have 2 leader variants that have the same problem. i also have 4 capt britains that have the same problem @grumpy@

My two leaders are fine, but the plastic is very cheap, because on the Hulk from the face-offs two-packs, the plastic seems very hollow. With leader, I believe it's the same deal, except he's got a much smaller body frame, which probably means he's easier to break. On my Red Skull though, which I assume they use the same hollow plastic, the joint swivel connecting the bicep to the shoulder was stuck, as well as the Captain America's upper elbow joint. I fixed my Red Skull, which by the way wasn't easy since the package was sent to me sitting in the sun, and made the plastic very soft. If you've tried to boil the figures joint, and still it won't budge, chances are it's stuck for good, because thats how I fixed my Red Skull. The Cap though I tried fixing, and because the elbow joint received much wear and tear from being in the sun all day, the paint just cracked, and now he's got a loose upper elbow joint with cracked paint. I assume, that since these figures were designed by the 4 horsemen, that most likely all of them have joint problems. Don't get me wrong, 4 horsemen are excellent sculpt artists, except when it comes to joints. That's why I assume, also that Toy Biz decided not to give Leader a mid-torso joint, and not to give Red Skull side to side ankle joints - because they were probably prone to break.

I didn't have a problem with my Leader when I bought the FO packs. However, my Daredevil's right arm broke off when I rotated it at the gloves. I was able to take it back to the store and return it and get a replacement....

My two leaders are fine, but the plastic is very cheap, because on the Hulk from the face-offs two-packs, the plastic seems very hollow.

Don't get me wrong, 4 horsemen are excellent sculpt artists, except when it comes to joints.

Ok, time to clear up some technical stuff:

There's really no "hollow plastic". A part is either hollow or solid. Chances are that if a part on a figure is hollow, it's hollow on any other figure of the same type. Meaning if a ML figure has a hollow torso and a solid bicep, then a Street Fighter figure will have a hollow torso and a solid bicep.

There are no hollow biceps and forearms, they are solid.

Also, the sculptor does not choose where the joints go. They sculpt a statue and then someone else chooses where the joints go, and they put the joints into a prototype completely seperate from where the Four Horsemen make the statue prototype.

As far as my understanding goes, anyway.

There's really no "hollow plastic". A part is either hollow or solid. Chances are that if a part on a figure is hollow, it's hollow on any other figure of the same type. Meaning if a ML figure has a hollow torso and a solid bicep, then a Street Fighter figure will have a hollow torso and a solid bicep.

No. This is incorrect--it depends soley on the design.

Given certain scales there are SOME common design attritbutes, but its dependant soley on the methods used by individual manufacturers.

Some might cast a bicep as a solid piece with male/female friction pegs or holes, others might cast them as two seperate parts and glue them together, so citing that Toybiz and SOTA ( your example) will use the same methods or design is inaccurate.

With prototype sculpts, the sculptors can be called upon to do the intial solid cast and then do the break-downs. This is because their sensibilities already exist in the solid cast, so it makes sense for them to carry on the work once the solid figure is separated into its component parts.

Its not a firm practise though, as some design studios have several people taking on different aspects,

"There's really no "hollow plastic". A part is either hollow or solid. Chances are that if a part on a figure is hollow, it's hollow on any other figure of the same type. Meaning if a ML figure has a hollow torso and a solid bicep, then a Street Fighter figure will have a hollow torso and a solid bicep.

There are no hollow biceps and forearms, they are solid.

Also, the sculptor does not choose where the joints go. They sculpt a statue and then someone else chooses where the joints go, and they put the joints into a prototype completely seperate from where the Four Horsemen make the statue prototype.

As far as my understanding goes, anyway."

I'm guessing this is why DC Superheroes, which are sculpted by four horsemen have ankle joints and mid torso joints? Well, they maybe loose, but the joint movement clearly proves hollowness. Arrow, apparently rules correct here. Some are hollow some aren't. If the two-packs were made with same quality as ML's, they would be harder to break... duh.

When working with a stiff or stuck joint, do not use Hot water to loosen it. Heat makes the plastic expand. Use cold water or put the figure in the freezer. This will make the plastic shrink but beware it is also brittle. I also suggest getting a good set of watch screw drivers, or an eye glasses flat head screw driver. This helps in breaking up the paint when it is holding a joint solid. Another trick to getting paint broken up is plastic tooth picks. I had this problem with Mystique and Original Spider man. Just be careful when using a screw driver. Your figure and your figures will thank you. :)

I'm guessing this is why DC Superheroes, which are sculpted by four horsemen have ankle joints and mid torso joints? Well, they maybe loose, but the joint movement clearly proves hollowness. Arrow, apparently rules correct here. Some are hollow some aren't. If the two-packs were made with same quality as ML's, they would be harder to break... duh.

Mid-torso has nothing to do with it. I said there is no HOLLOW PLASTIC. That would be an oxymoron. If it's hollow, technically there would be empty air in the middle, not plastic.

What I'm saying is, I've never seen an upper or lower arm that was made of two concave pieces glued together. That would just be a waste of a mold.

What I'm saying is, I've never seen an upper or lower arm that was made of two concave pieces glued together. That would just be a waste of a mold.

I'm trying to recall the same, but cannot at this time.

I have seen two part thighs on 3 /4" figures and single part thighs in the same scale.

I know at larger scales both have been done for almost every body part.

It really just depends on the design used by a manufacturer, scale is not a indicator of common design.

I have seen two part thighs on 3 /4" figures and single part thighs in the same scale.

It really just depends on the design used by a manufacturer, scale is not a indicator of common design.

Yeah of course Joes have them, and any rotos probably. But I meant 6" scale stuff like ML and SF.

Show me an SF figure that has a hollow 2-part upper arm (that doesn't include an art. point in the middle of the arm, I'm talking a single section that is made like a Joe thigh), and I will eat my words.

:-P

Yeah of course Joes have them, and any rotos probably. But I meant 6" scale stuff like ML and SF.

Show me an SF figure that has a hollow 2-part upper arm (that doesn't include an art. point in the middle of the arm, I'm talking a single section that is made like a Joe thigh), and I will eat my words.

:-P

Well, 1/12th scale is fairly common, and there's more figures in that scale than just those two brands--Marvel Legends and Streetfighter.

The Bandai(??) MUSCLE, figures were that scale, as were some Resaurus/ Plan B, NECA, Mattel, McFarlane and others........and there's very possibly some different designs for certain body parts in that gaggle. Of course, it depends on the figure as well.

Its just inaccurate to say/suggest that they all use the same design as a matter of practise.

My Leader had this same issue on its right arm...basically I took a finger nail clipper's little prong thing, and worked and worked on it. It's fine now, though dangerously close to breaking off if I were to be foreceful with it. Otherwise, he's fine now.

My main problem otherwise is generally loose joints on figures.

Well, 1/12th scale is fairly common, and there's more figures in that scale than just those two brands--Marvel Legends and Streetfighter.

The Bandai(??) MUSCLE, figures were that scale, as were some Resaurus/ Plan B, NECA, Mattel, McFarlane and others........and there's very possibly some different designs for certain body parts in that gaggle. Of course, it depends on the figure as well.

Its just inaccurate to say/suggest that they all use the same design as a matter of practise.

It's all well and good for you to say they MIGHT be like that, but I own tons of most of those lines and I've NEVER seen one.