Target, Toys R Us etc are MEH

Devonstorm20xx

Ok So I called up the Targets in California to see if they had any X-Men Classics figures and if they could possibly ship the items to me. They directed me to their website. Their website has to be one of the worst websites in the land. Honestly it has virtually NOTHING in the way of toys or anything related. So I told the guys that they didn't have the item on the website and they said sorry we can't help you.

I don't know if it's a policy or something or whatever but that is ridiculous. If someone is willing to pay for an item and the shipping for said item why can't it be shipped to them without going through their ridiculously crappy online website?

Same thing with Toys R Us. I called some in the California area and while they had them they couldn't ship anything to me and then referred me to another crappy website. Now this place is a toy store but they can't have a better toy oriented website than that? It's a sad day when you can't find toys in the world's (or nation at least) premiere toy store's website.

Worst part is due to my american express rewards I have the ability to get a 150 dollar giftcard but what is the point if everything there sucks?

Sigh.

You're probally not going to have much luck at any retail store offering to send you toys, regardless of you paying shipment. It's just too much of a hassle.

You're right on one thing though. Both related websites suck horribly. Infact generally speaking every website (to me at least) that offers action figures is generally a failure. I avoid them at all costs.

I don't know I know stores do similar things like sending them to other stores if they don't have them at one other but they even said they don't do that. And I can't really walk/drive/fly to California with a full time Job and all. I live in Virginia buddy.

Yeah, you can't go online @ a major retailer & expect great results; they want you to come to their store. That explains why their websites stink; it's an economic tactic of mass retailers everywhere to get you to buy more than just that one thing. Like mentioned before, it's too much of a hassle to send individual items when people can just walk in @ that specific WM, TRU, etc. & buy it then & there, without shipping costs, extra labor, etc.

Dude, your Target person was just wrong. I call the local ones here & they look on the pegs for me, and if they aren't there, they check in the back.

If I can't get there in case they do find the figure, they put it on 24-hour reserve for me so I can come later & pick it up.

Yeah, you can't go online @ a major retailer & expect great results; they want you to come to their store. That explains why their websites stink; it's an economic tactic of mass retailers everywhere to get you to buy more than just that one thing. Like mentioned before, it's too much of a hassle to send individual items when people can just walk in @ that specific WM, TRU, etc. & buy it then & there, without shipping costs, extra labor, etc.

Dude, your Target person was just wrong. I call the local ones here & they look on the pegs for me, and if they aren't there, they check in the back.

If I can't get there in case they do find the figure, they put it on 24-hour reserve for me so I can come later & pick it up.

That makes sense I suppose. I guess I'm just a little naive when it comes to these things.

That makes sense I suppose. I guess I'm just a little naive when it comes to these things.

I wouldn't call you naive. I think you made an excellent point, but in the end, these places don't put customer service over profit. They want to make as much money with as little effort as possible... mass production at its finest.

I worked for a Mervyn's store a few years ago, before the ones in this area closed. We actually would ship items out to customers. Sure, they had to have a Mervyn's charge card so that we could charge them for the item and shipping easily, but we could do it.

I worked for a Mervyn's store a few years ago, before the ones in this area closed. We actually would ship items out to customers. Sure, they had to have a Mervyn's charge card so that we could charge them for the item and shipping easily, but we could do it.

See that would be ideal. Like I said before I was calling around to California since that is where all the X-Men Classics Series 3 stuff seems to be popping up and I did indeed find some stores that carried them and had them in stock. But I have no way of getting there, which really really really sucks.

I mean if they can't ship them to me why can't they ship them to another store? There aren't any Target or Toys R Us Franchises or anything I believe they are all corporate. So they are more or less able to shift things pretty easily between inventories. So why can't they simply ship it to a store close to me so I can go pick it up from there?

Gone are the days of Catalog ordering and home shipping!! I mean why didn't you call stores in Virginia??

I don't know how old you are, but things are a lot different now! It's all about as lil cost and hassle to them when selling! That's why stores like Service Merchendise and Best Products are gone, people don't want service, they want cheap!!

If you are willing to do that much to have them ship the figures, might as well try online stores, not the mass retailers, but small stores that will ship and guarantee condition! Sure it's more expensive, but it's the kind of service you're looking for!!

Gone are the days of Catalog ordering and home shipping!! I mean why didn't you call stores in Virginia??

I don't know how old you are, but things are a lot different now! It's all about as lil cost and hassle to them when selling! That's why stores like Service Merchendise and Best Products are gone, people don't want service, they want cheap!!

If you are willing to do that much to have them ship the figures, might as well try online stores, not the mass retailers, but small stores that will ship and guarantee condition! Sure it's more expensive, but it's the kind of service you're looking for!!

I'm 21 and yes of course I tried stores around me first. What kind of fool do you take me for? And the very first places I tried were smaller online stores which don't even seem to have them yet even though they are all over the place in Wal-Marts, Targets and Toys R Us on the West Coast. I've tried every store in the tri-state area and no one has them. I probably should just be patient and wait another month or so but most of the stores I called around here said that they SHOULD have them by now which translates to they probably aren't getting them. So I have to branch out and try to find them elsewhere.

Hell I would be happy to pay someone who lives somewhere where they are available to get some for me but that doesn't seem to be a viable option either. And Ebay is a joke.

I'm 21 and yes of course I tried stores around me first. What kind of fool do you take me for?

Well one that actually thought a mass retailer would ship a couple of 8 dollar toys to ya.

Ask a sappy question, get snappy remark!

I probably should just be patient and wait another month

Ding, ding, ding!! I think that may be the answer!! But if you truly want them, then do what I suggested, hit up the online stores!! They may be more expensive, but you'll get the service you want, and get the condition you expect!!

Most of the stores I called around here said that they SHOULD have them by now which translates to they probably aren't getting them. So I have to branch out and try to find them elsewhere.

I would not put too much stock into what a 6-8 dollar an hour employee says! Most of the time they don't give a rat's behind, and are only there for the change! Patience is the key.

I'm 21 and yes of course I tried stores around me first. What kind of fool do you take me for?

Well one that actually thought a mass retailer would ship a couple of 8 dollar toys to ya.

Ask a sappy question, get snappy remark!

I probably should just be patient and wait another month

Ding, ding, ding!! I think that may be the answer!! But if you truly want them, then do what I suggested, hit up the online stores!! They may be more expensive, but you'll get the service you want, and get the condition you expect!!

Most of the stores I called around here said that they SHOULD have them by now which translates to they probably aren't getting them. So I have to branch out and try to find them elsewhere.

I would not put too much stock into what a 6-8 dollar an hour employee says! Most of the time they don't give a rat's behind, and are only there for the change! Patience is the key.

I don't know why it's so farfetched to think that maybe one of those places would ship them to me. Doesn't the online stuff come from local stores? I imagine they may have a warehouse for some things but I would wager most of the stuff comes from stores in the area.

I work in customer service and I've gone above and beyond the call of duty plenty of times why shouldn't I expect the same?

And I've also tried online stores already and they don't have anything either. Just some preorder crap.

Honestly you keep saying the same crap over and over again. I'm not going to repeat myself a hundred more times. If you don't have anything helpful to add then move on.