My first ML custom Alex Ross' Wolverine

gth_09

V.Cool. I've never seen that costume before but the paint job looks pretty swish! B)

u should do the UNMASKED version too!

Good idea. I might try the unmasked version.

Question:- The cowl from the unmasked Wolvie (S12), does it come off easily?

Thanks all for your kind comments. At this point I'm not skilled enough to do any advanced sculpting so I have to practise on repaints. Will work on my sculpting though.

hey man great job!! your paint work looks great, those lines are nice and straight. the claws look good and i'm actually liking the metalic copper/bronzish color you used :)

Looks sweet!

It's not a straight re-paint actually. I had to shave off Ast. Wolvie's belt, glove lines & sculpt new calves for him. I had to give him shorter gloves & new sharper claws. I really like how his claws turned out.

I chose copper because I thought it'll stand out better on an action figure, I know it won't work in real life.

The clean lines you've done are amazing, I would have gone with a flat non-metalic color though, since there is a reference pic to work from.

Other than that one crit, simply sublime work man.

Also, in order to get the unmasked's mask off you'd have to boil and pop the head. I did it and that head has got to be the be all and end all of calm wolvie heads for swapping.

The clean lines you've done are amazing, I would have gone with a flat non-metalic color though, since there is a reference pic to work from.

Other than that one crit, simply sublime work man.

Also, in order to get the unmasked's mask off you'd have to boil and pop the head. I did it and that head has got to be the be all and end all of calm wolvie heads for swapping.

I was hoping the matte sealer would have dulled the copper color but I got that wrong.

Is the unmasked cowl easy to come off? or is it stuck to his body?

I actaully didn't even notice all the other detailing the f irst look around, just the shineyness of it :D That is a nice job, I LIke what you did with the claws, is that just plastic?.. I've been pondering making wolvie some decent claws on one of mine but I am too chicken to wreck my figure :S ( & cheap :S )

i like it a lot.......nice job

I really don't care for the new costume, but your custom actually made it look better, good work. I think it's the shiny gold/copper paint that I like.

I actaully didn't even notice all the other detailing the f irst look around, just the shineyness of it :D That is a nice job, I LIke what you did with the claws, is that just plastic?.. I've been pondering making wolvie some decent claws on one of mine but I am too chicken to wreck my figure :S ( & cheap :S )

Yeah the claws are plastic, just ML packaging trimmed into shape and I then used sculpy to do the claws housing.