Viper Pit 6 pack

Titan

If I do get this set, it will be strictly for trade. I have all the Vipers I want now. I'm really not that impressed with the set anyway. It was a good attempt by Hasbro to give us what we asked for (Viper in original colors), but I think it's still flawed, and honestly I've come to look at it as too little too late. I know these will sell out in every TRU, and will have crazy eBay value, but that's not what I look at when I try to decide wether or not I like a set. Sure, I might be kicking myself down the road if I don't pick one up when they are first released, but it won't kill me not to own this set.

Just wanted to see if anyone here will be getting this set. Personally, I'm glad Hasbro continues to give us fans a chance to troop build. Hope the 3 3/4" line survives for awhile longer. :)

And when you are kicking yourself, I will be there laughing as I display my 48 Vipers. @smilepunch@

Seriously, this set is not that flawed. I consider it an updated RAH Viper. It is difficult for a lagging brand to reproduce an exact replica of a toy from 1986, and this is a very very good compromise on Hasbro's part to appease those of us who want an affordable classic style Viper army, and to sedate the secondary market who want to keep the high value of the original '86 Viper.

Good points. Just not my cup o' tea. Give me more Crimson Guards any day. But, hey, that's just me. This is in no way a 'bad' set to own. If I were more Viper inclined, I'm sure I'd be army building these by the bunches. But I'm not a huge fan of the Viper (86 or any other version for that matter). They serve their purpose, but I don't value them over any other army builder. I wasn't smitten over the new sculpt one either. I'm sure several members here could tell you about the Vipers I traded to them. I had nearly 50 of the new ones, and traded em away in no time flat.

I'm glad others like this set. I know they will be almost as big a seller as the Infantry set, and that is good for business. So here's to a smart marketing ploy on Hasbro's part. Appeal to the collectors, the casual toy enthusiast, the kids, and of course, the scalpers.

I'll get this set, although I really don't care for the gold visored one.

I am sure that we are going to get some cool stuff next year for 3/3/4. As for this set, I pre ordered 4 of them and thinking about getting a few more (perhaps).

I really like the Steel Brigade set.

Guest McBragg

I'm game for the Viper pack, it needed to have been done sooner, actually.

The only way I'd want to see basic RAH Crimson Guards again would be if they recasted the original head (or made a better new one) and got better upper arms than Duke V3's. Immortals would be cool, but Hasbro had decided we aren't worthy of them, how else can you explain them not being in Operation Crimson Sabotage, Crimson Guard 6-pack, or Crimson Shadow Guard. That's 3 CG sets and no immortals. Maybe Hasbro just thinks it's a driver figure. Or balme the figure the C.A.T. v2's poor showing..."gee they must've not liked the figure included!"

If there is another 6-pack after Viper Pit, it needs some fresher molds, and not necessarilly all the same figure. All these packs seem to be basic infantry (vipers, cobra troopers, bats)or super elite troops (that same crimson guard mold). How about Desert Scorpions, Snow Serpents, Night Vipers (there's been 2 cobra night/covert ops sets and no Night Vipers, wth?!), Eels, Hydro Viper, Frag Viper, WORMS, Decimator, hiss driver.....who doesn't want a cobra drivers pack. COMMIES, that's who! @smilepunch@

i am looking forward to getting a couple of sets

people are saying about the boots and lower leg but i am B)

with that just going to re-arm them with the special

nvr rifle which john <marauder> going to do for the set

which i think will finish this awsome set of @bananna@

rob @helmet@

I think these are great. I'm holding out for TRU rather than preordering them online. Do you think that's wise?

Well, how often do you go out to hunt? And I must warn you, the GI Joe products have been showing up sporadically. Not all stores are getting all the product. Mine never got in HISS Tanks, or Night Watch. So be advised that not all TRUs will get them. I highly recommend playing it safe by pre-ordering.

I preordered 4 sets from BigBadToyStore.

But that will probably be all I get.

I will open two off the bat. And keep the other two MIB ... I don't have much space at the moment... Stupid Sigma Six being too cool and huge. @smilepunch@

If I do get this set, it will be strictly for trade. I have all the Vipers I want now. I'm really not that impressed with the set anyway. It was a good attempt by Hasbro to give us what we asked for (Viper in original colors), but I think it's still flawed, and honestly I've come to look at it as too little too late. I know these will sell out in every TRU, and will have crazy eBay value, but that's not what I look at when I try to decide wether or not I like a set. Sure, I might be kicking myself down the road if I don't pick one up when they are first released, but it won't kill me not to own this set.

Flawed? In what way? I know the colors aren't EXACTLY like the 86 version, but I believe most fans think it works well enough. Gear, yeah, disappointing that they didn't give the original gear, since it was (or should be?) still available. But guns and backpacks are a LOT cheaper to pick up then the figures. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if customizers like Marauder Inc. did "accurate" weapon sets for the pack when it finally comes out.

I'm game for the Viper pack, it needed to have been done sooner, actually.

The only way I'd want to see basic RAH Crimson Guards again would be if they recasted the original head (or made a better new one) and got better upper arms than Duke V3's. Immortals would be cool, but Hasbro had decided we aren't worthy of them, how else can you explain them not being in Operation Crimson Sabotage, Crimson Guard 6-pack, or Crimson Shadow Guard. That's 3 CG sets and no immortals. Maybe Hasbro just thinks it's a driver figure. Or balme the figure the C.A.T. v2's poor showing..."gee they must've not liked the figure included!"

If there is another 6-pack after Viper Pit, it needs some fresher molds, and not necessarilly all the same figure. All these packs seem to be basic infantry (vipers, cobra troopers, bats)or super elite troops (that same crimson guard mold). How about Desert Scorpions, Snow Serpents, Night Vipers (there's been 2 cobra night/covert ops sets and no Night Vipers, wth?!), Eels, Hydro Viper, Frag Viper, WORMS, Decimator, hiss driver.....who doesn't want a cobra drivers pack. COMMIES, that's who! @smilepunch@

I think, nay I hope that this Viper 6-pack does well enough to promote other troop builder multi-packs. Especially since we know that several of them are/were still available.

H.E.A.T. Viper, Laser Viper (both kinds), Rock Viper, Range Viper, Lamprey, Crimson Guard Imortal, etc. Imagine finding 6 packs of each of those?

Lets see, flaws, crappy lower leg painting yet again! The stupid robot crotch, which should have been replaced more than the thighs. And the fact that the thighs do not match up to the lower legs. Those are some pretty big flaws, that Hasbro will not sucker me into accepting like most of you! ;)

Draven

It is a nice-looking set, but the gold commander reminds me of Battlestar Galactica in which the commander cylon was gold.

people are saying about the boots and lower leg but i am

At least they corrected the upper legs unlike previous recasts. The boots don't look that bad, and you can always paint the gray part black to make them look more like the vintage ones.

I think these are great. I'm holding out for TRU rather than preordering them online. Do you think that's wise?

Well, how often do you go out to hunt? And I must warn you, the GI Joe products have been showing up sporadically. Not all stores are getting all the product. Mine never got in HISS Tanks, or Night Watch. So be advised that not all TRUs will get them. I highly recommend playing it safe by pre-ordering.

OOOOhhh I raid often. I love the hunt. I have 4 regular TRUs near me, I'm kinda in the geographic center of them all. I never saw Hiss's or NW either. OK time to preorder. Now who had them for 19.99 lets see...

You got yourself a PM man.

I definitely want at least six of these. They definitely have me impressed.