Was Sgt Slaughter Army or Marines

GILTYONE

I always thought he was a Marine and as Parris Island as birth place, who could argue! :D

msslaugh.jpg

Dude, the 1988 figure's friggin's belt buckle was stamped USMC. Between that and all of his filecards, why exactly is their a even a question about this... @nana@

In fact, I'm gonna lift one of LeoTDragon's awesome pics for proof that he IS a Marine.

slaughterfront.jpg

Soooo there ya go.

Dude, the 1988 figure's friggin's belt buckle was stamped USMC. Between that and all of his filecards, why exactly is their a even a question about this... @nana@

In fact, I'm gonna lift one of LeoTDragon's awesome pics for proof that he IS a Marine.

slaughterfront.jpg

Soooo there ya go.

Well "dude" if u read up I amditted to defeat! ;).................. u know now that the belt has been pointed out I do remember seein it too a while back lol.

Well "dude" if u read up I amditted to defeat! ;).................. u know now that the belt has been pointed out I do remember seein it too a while back lol.

Ok, yeah, now I see that. Oops. @hmmm@ :D

Big Sgt S, is without a doubt a Marine, Camp Pendleton is a Marine Base in CA, Camp Lejeune is a Marine Base in NC, he has the Eagle Glove and Anchor (Marine emblem not crest) on his Drill Instructor Cover, and in his Belt buckle and of course Parris Island is where the first Marine Corps Recruit Depot was established, "Semper FI", "Jarhead" are part of Marine History, the only thing they never corrected (even in Gung Ho or Mainframe) is his rank, E-7 may be a Sergeant in the Army, but in the Marine Corps they are call Gunnery Sergeants not Sergeants, or Gunny’s

BTW, I just never mentioned that was my first post, I just couldn't resist posting that, as in actual life I'm a Gunny, and of course always enjoy reading the post from this website.

Big Sgt S, is without a doubt a Marine, Camp Pendleton is a Marine Base in CA, Camp Lejeune is a Marine Base in NC, he has the Eagle Glove and Anchor (Marine emblem not crest) on his Drill Instructor Cover, and in his Belt buckle and of course Parris Island is where the first Marine Corps Recruit Depot was established, "Semper FI", "Jarhead" are part of Marine History, the only thing they never corrected (even in Gung Ho or Mainframe) is his rank, E-7 may be a Sergeant in the Army, but in the Marine Corps they are call Gunnery Sergeants not Sergeants, or Gunny’s

BTW, I just never mentioned that was my first post, I just couldn't resist posting that, as in actual life I'm a Gunny, and of course always enjoy reading the post from this website.

thanks for the complete answer, and welcome here ;)

I think he was a wannabe poser. I was in the Marines for four years, and no drill instructor I ever met would be caught dead dressed like that. Also, the Marines don't call everyone over the rank of E-5 sergeant like the Army or Air Force. If Sgt. Slaughter was an E-7 like his filecard says he is, then he'd be Gunny Slaughter or Gunnery Sergeant Slaughter.

Pay Grade: E7

Gunnery Sergeant

(GySgt)

http://www.military-quotes.com/ranks/marin...nk-insignia.htm

He's an absolute fraud. He bought his cap badge on eBay and Google'd the catchphrase.

WOW! EBAY & GOOGLE were around in the early 80's? who would have known! @loll@

I think he was a wannabe poser. I was in the Marines for four years, and no drill instructor I ever met would be caught dead dressed like that. Also, the Marines don't call everyone over the rank of E-5 sergeant like the Army or Air Force. If Sgt. Slaughter was an E-7 like his filecard says he is, then he'd be Gunny Slaughter or Gunnery Sergeant Slaughter.

Gunnery Sergeant

(GySgt)

guys, relax! he's just a wrestler. we all know wrestling is fake, and so is his personna.

He's an absolute fraud. He bought his cap badge on eBay and Google'd the catchphrase.

WOW! EBAY & GOOGLE were around in the early 80's? who would have known! @loll@

Gunnery Sergeant

(GySgt)

guys, relax! he's just a wrestler. we all know wrestling is fake, and so is his personna.

Wrestlin FAKE wtf there goes my childhood LMAO

Guilty: Sorry to further dismantle your childhood, but I heard a nasty rumor that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Toothfairy are frauds as well. @smilepunch@

Oh god now what do I believe in anymore :( is there still a treasure at the end of the rainbow????? LMAO LMAO.