X-Wing Hits Toys R Us

Whitewolf

Looks like the Dagobah X-Wing has finally arrived at my TRU in Frederick, MD. We put out 2 cases (read: 4 of them) and I got one for myself. Anyone living on this side of the country should keep an eye out for them because they are starting to show up. Unfortunately, the R2-D2 figure that was shown in the promos for the starfighter was apparently scrapped.

I'll do a review later in the week and post it for you all...

How much did you pay?

I paid $42.53, after tax. Full price is $44.99, but we get a 10% discount on merchandise. Not a massive discount, but on higher-ticket items, it does make a difference...

I worked at TRU back about 10 years ago for about a month.It was a very unorganized place

Well now TRU's upper management (at the corporate level) are those who have worked for Target, so they are trying to make TRU more "Target-like" and much more organized.

I worked at TRU back about 10 years ago for about a month.It was a very unorganized place

Well now TRU's upper management (at the corporate level) are those who have worked for Target, so they are trying to make TRU more "Target-like" and much more organized.

interesting.....

i am still baffled that a store such as tru (it is a freaking toy store!) is behind walmart in terms of selling toys.

Same reason why Walmart buries local "mom-and-pop" stores in any town that it sets up shop. Walmart's infrastructure is set up in such a way that it can charge at or near wholesale prices and still turn a profit by selling in sheer volume. Other stores can't compete with that, plain and simple...

Walmart's been accused by MANY businesses for creating a monopoly, just like Microsoft was back in the late 90s because of its Internet Explorer ordeal. A few store chains have requested federal intervention on their part to stop Walmart from opening in cities around the country because they know what it would mean to their bottom line.

i am still baffled that a store such as tru (it is a freaking toy store!) is behind walmart in terms of selling toys.

Same reason why Walmart buries local "mom-and-pop" stores in any town that it sets up shop. Walmart's infrastructure is set up in such a way that it can charge at or near wholesale prices and still turn a profit by selling in sheer volume. Other stores can't compete with that, plain and simple...

Walmart's been accused by MANY businesses for creating a monopoly, just like Microsoft was back in the late 90s because of its Internet Explorer ordeal. A few store chains have requested federal intervention on their part to stop Walmart from opening in cities around the country because they know what it would mean to their bottom line.

that is the reason why we can't have a walmart in nyc. i understand all that you posted above but jesus, TRU SELLS TOYS! people go to walmart to shop for goods/groceries more than toys, how are they still number 1? i remember tru was competing with them during the holiday season for the past couple of holidays right?.

quick note: the flagship store is a piece of crap, i miss the one on 34th st, they actually had toys for sale. @smilepunch@

TRU SELLS TOYS! people go to walmart to shop for goods/groceries more than toys, how are they still number 1? i remember tru was competing with them during the holiday season for the past couple of holidays right?.

Because Walmart has far greater market exposure than TRU. In my dinky little town, we have a Walmart which is the ONLY place for toys, PERIOD. Where I used to live, 2 of the next town overs had just Walmart to serve them.

It has been said that in the US, if you don't have a Walmart in your town, then you have one within a 20 minute drive.

TRU, however, is far more sporadic, both in my last home and my current, TRU is at least an hour and half to two hours away. With gas at $3 per gallon, almost NOBODY is going to drive an hour and half just to go to a TRU, not when Walmart is 5 minutes up the road.

Walmart is number one because there are AT LEAST twice the number of Walmart stores than tRU stores, convering almost the entire US

my friend used to work there as a bike assembler and he and the other guys that worked there used to steal tons of video games and systems. I was shocked that the place never went out of business!

TRU SELLS TOYS! people go to walmart to shop for goods/groceries more than toys, how are they still number 1? i remember tru was competing with them during the holiday season for the past couple of holidays right?.

Because Walmart has far greater market exposure than TRU. In my dinky little town, we have a Walmart which is the ONLY place for toys, PERIOD. Where I used to live, 2 of the next town overs had just Walmart to serve them.

It has been said that in the US, if you don't have a Walmart in your town, then you have one within a 20 minute drive.

TRU, however, is far more sporadic, both in my last home and my current, TRU is at least an hour and half to two hours away. With gas at $3 per gallon, almost NOBODY is going to drive an hour and half just to go to a TRU, not when Walmart is 5 minutes up the road.

Walmart is number one because there are AT LEAST twice the number of Walmart stores than tRU stores, convering almost the entire US

I remember back in 1996, there were about 25 TOYS R US's on Long island and NO WALMARTS OR TARGETS!

my friend used to work there as a bike assembler and he and the other guys that worked there used to steal tons of video games and systems. I was shocked that the place never went out of business!

This one guy I knew was a manger and he'd do that, then they remodeled one week while he was on vacation or something and they found his stash, lol.. and I think he got the boot.. kinda sad if you ask me...

I saw one of these last night(in chicago), kinda cool, awesome package.. I'll have to get one in a couple weeks.

Want to know why I buy from WalMart and not TRU. First off, TRU always prices they're toys 1 to 2 dollars higher, more than that sometimes. Secondly they put out toys so late. It takes them about a month AFTER Taget and Walmart put out new toys. Third, there is only two TRU's here and both about a 20 min. drive and Wallyworld and Target are 5-7 minute drives. I will give TRU this, they always seem to have the hard-to-finds. Got my Alt Swerve there.

I had seen the CW Gunship at TRU earlier this week, but I didn't get it. I went home and slept on it until this morning. When I got there, there was only one left. I grabbed that bad boy, then walked around for a while, then went back to the SW aisle. That's when I noticed the huge, gigantic X-Wing box on the bottom shelf. Don't ask me how I missed it when I was grabbing the Gunship! Man, that box is huge! Like carry-on suitcase size huge. If they would have had the ATAT, I would have grabbed that too.

I'll do a complete review of it tonight...stay tuned...

Make sure you include shots of the seat that folds down, and the little compartment behind it!

I found that bad boy by accident while opening the canopy to put Luke in. I guess that's where they put the X-wings' spare tires @loll@ @hmmm@

It looks very nice. I've seen one or two of these at some local TRU's but money has been a big factor lately and I cant spend $44 on this. Congrats to those that did.