47th thread moaning about the movie and/or KissPlay paedophiles

ScottieEvil

Yes, movie Screamer sucks and yes, movie Megs sucks. And certainly the Kiss Play stuff is a little creepy.

But we've got more than a dozen threads on this. It's this kind of hysteria that allows the Don Murphy's and the Michael Bay's to say "well, nothing will please the fans so, screw it we'll do what we want." I realised why the Joe guys are mostly "hey, it won't be too bad" their movie had Cobra Commander turn into a talking snake and Cobra-la la la. At least the robots are still robots.

The criticisms have been too broad, it's coming off whiny. I think we need to reign it in a bit or risk being written off as rabid fanboys who b!tch about everything.

Let me get this straight..you want tf fans to stop complaining, then you site joe fans as non-complainers? That's a bit of an oxymoron, ain't it? :P

And of course joe fans don't care as much as tf fans; they're not tf fans!

Joking aside, I can see why many tf fans are upset; these new bots don't look like what many people would think of as tf's. They really don't bother me, I kinda like the change (in some instances), but..eh, I dunno, ya can't please everyone.

Let me also say that there are boards that seem to be just fine w/ the movie tf's and have just as much praise as criticism, if not more.

Let me get this straight..you want tf fans to stop complaining, then you site joe fans as non-complainers? That's a bit of an oxymoron, ain't it? :P

Joking aside, I can see why many tf fans are upset; these new bots don't look like what many people would think of as tf's. They really don't bother me, I kinda like the change (in some instances), but..eh, I dunno, ya can't please everyone.

Let me also say that there are boards that seem to be just fine w/ the movie tf's and have just as much praise as criticism, if not more.

What I meant was, if you see the people in the gazillion other threads saying "it's not that bad" they all seem to be primarily Joe fans.

ANd Mike, yes that's what the internet's for, but do we really need 18 threads (at last count) saying they suck they suck they suck?

What I meant was, if you see the people in the gazillion other threads saying "it's not that bad" they all seem to be primarily Joe fans.

I know what you meant, just some good-natured ribbing. ;)

I don't mind the kissplay stuff so much, either way we get the same figures we would get from it other wise... What I don't get is why everyone else is complaining about it ... All I ever use to see here is how the bts were so great and the alts were the only thing everyone was ever interested in :P So why these would suddenly consern everyone is beyond me

I don't mind the kissplay stuff so much, either way we get the same figures we would get from it other wise... What I don't get is why everyone else is complaining about it ... All I ever use to see here is how the bts were so great and the alts were the only thing everyone was ever interested in :P So why these would suddenly consern everyone is beyond me

I believe this may be the answer you seek: http://shortpacked.com/d/20060823.html

I don't know what the big problem is... If they put out stuff we actually wanted, then they wouldn't have (as many) complaints.

I don't mind new stuff, new lines, and all that... But it seems like a no-brainer to release an MP Starscream in show-accurate colours, since that was a big part of what the MP Prime was. Personally, I would like the Takara reissues to keep coming too... With that I'd be happy, personally. I'd rather the Alternator line focus on more G1-ish figures (like the Smokescreen mold for Prowl, Sunstreaker, Skids, etc) but if they want to put out others I'll just pick and choose.

If that all happened, I'd be happy. I'd be happier with a more G1-inspired movie, but honestly, with Bay at the helm it's doubtful it'll be anything to write home about either way, so whatever... the movie's just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. As long as the proper toys come (and like I said, it should be a no-brainer) then I'm just fine.

Oh yeah, and the Kiss/Underage thing... well whatever. I really don't care about it. It's a bit weird, but whatever...

I think the moaning is more or less united with many, if not most, of the fans. We all think movie Screamer and Megs look horrid. We were okay with different alt modes, its the bot modes that we're more livid about. Kissplay is rather strange but to each his own.

I agree that there are legit gripes, what bothers me is that we've done 20 (new count, Mike @loll@ ) threads that all moan about essentially the same thing. The front page of this board was looking like a b!tchfest.

I believe this may be the answer you seek: http://shortpacked.com/d/20060823.html

hahahahahahhaha, that was great.

The movie I'm fine with. I don't #$## about as much as just saying 'I dont really like that design, I'd prefer so and so'.

The KISS line. Well, it's odd. But I wouldn't #$## about that either. Just think 'weird' and thats that. If its not my thing, why complain? Just leave it be for the folks who do like it.

I'd just say the moderators for the TF boards are just to lazy to actually compile the topics into one subject like they other forums are usually done when you get 5 different topics on the same subject. Plain and simple, moderator laziness.

I like the new designs, for the most part, and I'm doing my best to remain optimistic about the movie. I'm super-psyched that the tf brand has been riding a huge wave of success that allows this movie to be possible, but my biggest concern is that the only Bay movie that has been more than subpar was The Rock, so I'm worried about plot, characterization, etc.

Some fans are of the opinion that we need something new, that we've been g1'ed to death. Well, we're getting something new, but let me add that "new" doesn't necessarily "good", but in this case I'm staying positive bc I think the movie toyline has a lot of potential and the movie will, if nothing else, have some nice explosions and action that will hopefully put arses in the seats. That's all I want; for tf's to continue to be a great line and to grow even further.

This movie, or any movie, but comic/toon-based movies in particular, won't please everyone. As we all know, fans are very fickle. Some wanted mass shifting. Some didn't. Some wanted megs as a gun and sw as a tape deck. Some didn't. All bay, murphy, and co. can do is make what they think is a good movie that appeals to (wait for it..) the average movie goer. We as fans make up too small of a number to really be counted in this; bay and co. are trying to draw the movie goer who has a vague recollection of tf's, and those people, imo, want futuristic robots, which we are getting. I can understand why some fans say "that's not a tf", bc they don't look like the traditional tf's of their childhood, or from the current a/e/c arc, but guess what? Things change. You can complain all you want, that's your right, but at the end of the day this, like any other business, is about money, and bay and co. are simply doing what they think will make as much of that as possible.