What happens to Prime's trailer?

gscbr

one of the worst things about adult fans of child toys is that they have to rationalize everything. as a child, I never questioned why Megatron or Soundwave shrank when they transformed, I just thought it was cool. end of story. but adults then have to rationalize it and come up with asinine concepts like mass shifting to make TOYS seem more realistic, which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. a toy for 5 years olds and how they are presented in cartoons should never be thought of that logically. if you possess that ability and need, you have outgrown the toys.

that being said, has anyone ever attempted to ratioanlize where Prime's trailer comes and goes when he transforms. what is the adult Transformer fan ratioanle for that?

just curious. I need a good laugh afetr all the whining about the movie.

You know, it just kinda goes......."over there". Behind that big rock.

:D

You know, it just kinda goes......."over there". Behind that big rock.

:D

not good enough! :D

I want the same fans who actually think the concept of mass shifting is needed for Transformers to be completely logical to be enjoyed explain the same concpet that applies to Prime's trailer. does it mass shift into his big arse?

Dont forget the Trailer has a communications satelite. So Prime can find his arse if he should lose it.

so you are saying Prime wouldn't lose his arse if it wasn't attached to him?

OK, fine.

It projects a holographic truck cab, then drives itself around the area like a normal truck or goes back to the base until he calls it back.

-OR-

It has stealth tech and just turns invisible so to speak off to the side.

-OR-

It's always just sitting there off camera and we don't see it. At least sometimes it's animated as just kinda....rolling off screen.

-OR-

It drives away by itself in a panic from Michael Bay and his art team.

-OR-

Ok, I'm out of "or's".

Sub space, apparently. I only discovered it about a year ago but all the simple animations that have occured (Primes trailer dissapearing, Ironhide/Ratchet's van just shrinking into their bodies, their weapons just being there in their hands etc) is all due to a fan created theory of sub space. A small dimension pocket that surrounds the Tf where they can store things they dont find necesary. Weird, yes?

Sub space, apparently. I only discovered it about a year ago but all the simple animations that have occured (Primes trailer dissapearing, Ironhide/Ratchet's van just shrinking into their bodies, their weapons just being there in their hands etc) is all due to a fan created theory of sub space. A small dimension pocket that surrounds the Tf where they can store things they dont find necesary. Weird, yes?

wow. that is worse than mass shifting. I am speechless.

TF fans, put down the wacky tobacky.

OK slappy, hang on. How come Joes and Cobras can hit tiny wires dangling from moving heliocopters, but can't hit each other from 10 feet away? (Same goes for the A-Team)

I always thought it was subspace too. THe guns had to come from somewhere, yet all they had to do was reach behind their backs and BAM, there's their weapon. Prime had to do the same with his trailer. It certainly was a question we asked when we were little. IT wasn't until we were older did we think of it.

kinda like how in games charecters can have a million and one objects on them :P SPace quest for example roger wilco can pull a broom out of his pocket :D

... good god I miss those old games fun fun :D QUICK SOMEONE GIVE ME A TIME MACHINE SO I CAN GO BACK TO TEH 80S :P

OK slappy, hang on. How come Joes and Cobras can hit tiny wires dangling from moving heliocopters, but can't hit each other from 10 feet away? (Same goes for the A-Team)

I'm not quite sure how restrictions on violence placed on childrens shows equates toadult fans overanalying something meant for children.

I always thought it was subspace too. THe guns had to come from somewhere, yet all they had to do was reach behind their backs and BAM, there's their weapon. Prime had to do the same with his trailer. It certainly was a question we asked when we were little. IT wasn't until we were older did we think of it.

exactly my point. that type of adult rationalization for something meant for children is what I am asking. kids don't ask those questions because kids don't care, but an adult has to attempt to make sense of those discrepencies, and it is the act of approaching a childs cartoon from an adults POV is what is silly. the minute you have to have mature and logical reasons fro something simply menat to entertain children, you may actually be too mature for that cartoon.

just something to think about.

there is no subspace. the answer is it didn't make any sense to animate the trailer being towed behind Prime or where the place their weapons.

The realistic answer is that the animators of the G1 show are some of the laziest I've seen. I also think subspace is a damn weird idea. But an adult making theories about a kids show just so that it appeals to them more isn't really silly. Its just trying to make TFs one of those shows you can appreciate however old you are. As long as they still like it then they're not too old for it or whatever. Heck, the comics have always been more adult and tried to make sense of things more than the show did.

The realistic answer is that the animators of the G1 show are some of the laziest I've seen.

I don't think animation constarints equate to lazy animators. it simply didn't make sense to animate things that simply do not matter. as a child, when you took a gun out of TF's hands when you transformed him, did you siimply place it aside or consciously say it is going somewhere specific--sub space--until he transforms again. same theory applies to the cartoon. it doesn't matter where it goes, it isn't important to the scene or the story, at least to children.

Very true. But the animators were still lazy; getting the insignias wrong on the robots, colours sometimes changing on them, then theres the episode 'Child's play' where something really confusing happened towards the end. Bumblebee gets inside a rocket, and the cockpit closes, but I think he's still outside. Then it takes off with him outside and with no legs or something really weird like that. :S