TF Movie Megatron Images

BeastWars_Megatron

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Megatron might have had a similar Cybertronian jet mode in RID, Energon, and Cybertron, but that doesn't make it okay to give him one for the live-action movie. Megs has to be a handgun or a tank. I have always preferred tank, because "mass-shifting" is lame. They never even called it that in G1, and never gave any reason why they were able change their size. Plus, a tank vs. a big rig is more fair than a pistol vs. a big rig.

So far, I like the G2 Lazer Prime. I always preferred the long nose big rig over the flat nose, because it looks more powerful. Which, suits Prime.

Bumblebee as a Camaro is fine.

Blackout is fine.

Barricade, the Decepticop Mustang has the best alt mode, thus far. It's so good, in fact, I don't even care what his robot mode looks like. I love Mustangs. Barricade, alone, will be the only reason I see the movie.

Scorponok and Megatron are the only two I have a problem with.

Scorponok shouldn't be in this, period. I much prefer the Transformers having Earth vehicle alt modes. Megatron, again, should have an Earth alt mode. Preferably a tank.

After seeing this pic, of Megs, reality has unraveled. Everything I knew and believed has just gone out the window. Apparently, there is no God. Excuse me while I curl up into the fetal position and rock myself, underneath my work desk, and wait for the world to blow-up.

you know what.. I LOVE how they explained their transformations in the cartoon

Hound put it best.

"likes this!" *transforms*

it was PERFECT!

I was reading another board and a member there made this point; unlike prime, megatron has a different look in every series (admittedly some of the head sculpts were the same, but his body style and alt mode have been much more varied than prime's). That makes me think that it makes more sense for optimus to look similar to older forms, but leaves more options for megatron. This was also said about megatron and starscream by Brian Goldner, COO of Hasbro:

Good Afternoon--Let me answer your questions. Starscream is simply the coolest, most aggressive military jet in the skies. The military has given us unprecedented access to deliver this character to the audience in the most compelling way. He is Very much like G1. As noted to Nelson earlier in the week, the details, deco, weapons, and sculpt itself will change as we move from grey model to final form.

Megatron is an early style board. Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1; although the final look is a work-in-progress--ILM has just recently begun all their CGI development. Megatron has a iconic personality, and approach that dates back to G1. Throughout time he has had a very big gun....

So..who knows.

The design is growing on me, but now I cant think of it any other way after hearing my brother's description when he saw it; 'Its like 50 motorbikes crashed into eachother to form a cyber wickerman'. :P

you know we are all gonna watch it anyway...at least once...but it sucks that it will probably be only once!!

Yeah, but how many are going to pay to see it?

If it gets good reviews and/or word of mouth, I would, despite the ugly, non-TF (in my mind) designs... if it's actually a good movie, I will watch it, but the odds of that happening, given Bay's performance in the past, is low. Who knows, we'll see I guess...

G1 is all around, it never left and it probably never will. This new movie, in all likelyhood, will NOT flop. There are WAY too many people who don't have a clue as to what's going on that will see it, and more than a few of those that do.

I think you're underestimating how many people grew up and loved Transformers as a kid... Not all of them are fans today, but they'll still have a very distinct idea of what a TF is supposed to lool like, and many of them are not going to like this new take.

No I don't underestimate them, I'm one of them. I'm almost 35, so I was right there when the rollercoaster ride started.

G1, while held in such high regards by many, wasn't always so great. The first few years were the best, then it all started getting kinda .....eh.

I've learned to embrace change. I've never forgotten one of the biggest reasons that hooked me on TF's in the first place, and that is it was like nothing I had ever seen before. Well that's what they're trying to do again now with this movie.

Hell, most people whether they were ever fans or not knows what TF's are. In fact, I'm betting most of those people could even identify an Optimus or Megatron whether they'd admit it or not. So people know what they are and what they can do. They think they'll have a good idea of what to expect, but they'll be wrong. But as long as the story and action are great then I think people will be blown away.

I think they'd have to be pretty confident in what they have so far to take the designs to such a radical level. If there were any fears or hesistation, I think they would have played it more safe.

No doubt this is a big risk, but I fully intend to give them every chance to blow me away with it. I'm not gonna let my feelings for the past get in the way of enjoying the future, life would just suck that way.

I was reading another board and a member there made this point; unlike prime, megatron has a different look in every series (admittedly some of the head sculpts were the same, but his body style and alt mode have been much more varied than prime's). That makes me think that it makes more sense for optimus to look similar to older forms, but leaves more options for megatron. This was also said about megatron and starscream by Brian Goldner, COO of Hasbro:

Good Afternoon--Let me answer your questions. Starscream is simply the coolest, most aggressive military jet in the skies. The military has given us unprecedented access to deliver this character to the audience in the most compelling way. He is Very much like G1. As noted to Nelson earlier in the week, the details, deco, weapons, and sculpt itself will change as we move from grey model to final form.

Megatron is an early style board. Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1; although the final look is a work-in-progress--ILM has just recently begun all their CGI development. Megatron has a iconic personality, and approach that dates back to G1. Throughout time he has had a very big gun....

So..who knows.

Yeah...but for a prototype to be that far along (Starscream), it means they're not going to be doing massive overhauling. What they mean by details, deco, weapons and sculpt changing most likely just means "we're going to put more panel lines and tech details on him and he's going to be red and blue instead of gray."

And they're right, Megatron does have an iconic personality...and that's not it.

Well I hope a change of heads is still possible for the Starscream-mold.

Heck, even some hands would come in handy (no pun intended).

The mold as it is now, is more like a pre-Headmasters Apeface.

Very true. Actually, thinking of it as Apeface has made me like it a whole lot more. :P

Very true. Actually, thinking of it as Apeface has made me like it a whole lot more. :P

But that's only if they call it Apeface. Instead, it's Starscream....

I would like the design for any other Sci-Fi movie.

But for Megatron? I fail to see why they must make him look like some alien in silver beetle armor. That's like taking Darth Vader and making him look like an Alien for no good reason. Total lack of respect for the fanbase and the icon Megatron.

At least in every Transformers TV series, you could tell he was Megatron. He had that look, regardless of the new design. This thing is just too far out there for my taste.

I like this. I really do. It's different [understatement of the century.. haha]!

None of you like it b/c your old skool TF fans. This is not definite, & they are ALSO trying to bring in new fans. Everyone... calm. down. :)

Total lack of respect for the fanbase and the icon Megatron.

but completely respectful for those of us hoping for an entirely new and updated look for the characters.

though I am not sure how you can be disrespectful to an imaginary character and toy.