TF Movie Megatron Images

BeastWars_Megatron

First off, something tells me they don't have the time or inclination, much less money, to show these guys in their pre-earth modes, then again in post-earth. It just doesn't seem like they would go through the trouble of designing two forms for everyone. They're too busy "redefining" what THEY thing TFs should look like for one thing.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the bloody heck is that??? Is that a Transformer or just another Power Ranger villian for their 20th TV series??? Or from the shooter game HOUSE of the dead BOSS @smilepunch@

This summer movie is not looking very good my fellow transfans. HORRIBLE!

No wonder Bay didn't want people to see the bots till they were in the theater. He wanted to make his money and run before anyone could lynch him.

But I don't blame Bay or his desginers. I blame Hasbro. Cause at any point Hasbro could have put a stop to this and they didn't. They let this happen and it just furthers my thoughts that the people currently working on TFs don't really care at all. They have just been slapping names on robots for a couple years now in what seems almost a random fashion (Smokescreen the crane? WTF?) And they throw out the random homage so people won't totally riot. Classics is the first time I've actually thought that someone in the TF team actually gave a damn.

The main thing I like about the TFs in every series up till now, you see pieces of the alt modes on them so you know what they changed from, and more importantly that they actually transformed. Primes got that, even Apescreams got it...Megatron though? I'll agree with the 'power rangers' villain comment. He barely passes as a robot.

Perhaps this is the Cybertronian form of Megs? All I know is that it's kind of presumptuous to castigate something without any background context whatsoever.

Me? I only see it as a Cybertronian form of Megs. Without an alt mode picture of Starscream, I can think the same thing. When I do get information, then I might "freak out". In the meantime, I kind of prefer to live without an ulcer given by a movie.

But Chug!

Wasn't it mentioned that Megatron stays in his Cybertronian mode through the whole film? OR MAYBE I WAS LIED TO BY THE INTERNET. >__> AGAIN.

But if I was Megatron, I wouldn't take an Earth form. I wouldn't even take an alternate form. I'M MEGATRON. I'm the leader of the Decepticons, the most vicious, dangerous beings in the galaxy. I DON'T NEED TO HIDE FROM NOBODY.

Then again, that was probably his logic when he became a pistol that had to be picked up and fired by someone else. He's like I'M MEGATRON, AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE AN IMMEDIATE THREAT TO KILL YOUR DUMB ASS.

On a side note, if mechanical beings WERE to form naturally on an alien world, they probably WOULD look something like Megatron in this picture. I mean, what are we expecting, wheels and pulley systems? That's like saying human beings should have flowers growing out of them, or be huge slabs of self-sustaining steak and meatballs. IT'S STEREOTYPING IS WHAT IT IS. RACISM. @grumpy@

Tom

Tom, you are to me what Zemo is to Fade-Out. @smilepunch@

Well, either nobody here watches Stargate SG-1 or just didn't think of it...He kinda looks like an Unas..(sp??).

First, these are still very rough images. There's a long way to go. Try to look on the bright side, this Megs is pretty damn mean looking and I don't think they would make him that mean looking if they weren't gonna make him one badass villain. The look is only one part, I'm sure the character will a lot meaner than any Megs we've ever seen.

And honestly, I can see Welkers voice going well with this design. From the start I didn't really think his voice would be right, but looking at these early pics I gotta say it suits him.

I've been prepared to let go of the past from day one, so this obviously isn't hitting me as hard as it is to most here. I don't mind the style one bit, and other than Starscream I'm fine with what I've seen of the rest. That Starscream is really fugly though, I'll agree with everyone there.

Relax folks, come down off the ledge for awhile and wait like the rest of us. For god's sake, try to let go of this "if this movie isn't everything I imagined it to be then it's going to suck" mentality. I swear I feel like a parent trying to get his kid to eat something new and all they do is shrivel up their nose and shake their heads.

G1 is all around, it never left and it probably never will. This new movie, in all likelyhood, will NOT flop. There are WAY too many people who don't have a clue as to what's going on that will see it, and more than a few of those that do.

Now will it be successful enough to bring the sequels? That remains to be seen. If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hasbro try again someday. Maybe then they'll go back to the roots.

I just don't get why they are making the 'bots and 'cons so different looking. I mean these are the same kind of robots but different races. like black and white people. but these designs are like saying white people and polar bears are different races

Don't think he has an earth mode, tbh.

As for making the bots and cons different, its just so general audiences can make out who're the bad guys from the good guys. :P

As for what I think of it...its like a cross between Guyver and Terminator. Cool; but not a Transformer. Alot of folks I know complained about the other's appearances, but at least (to me, anway) they looked like TFs. If I saw that robot mode alone and wasn't informed it was a transformer, then I'd just think it was some cool alien from some sci fi thing.

Still, I guess Ill have to just wait and see how the movie is. Im sure Ill love it anwyay, and I still will get the figure of this (if it turns out the way it is) since although not a TF I think still looks a very menacing cool design.

I like the design and the concept but like everyone said, not as a TF.

The only way this movie will be cool is if the decepticons are evil as hell.

Funny how they want it to look realistic yet the cons look like matrix 3 villians and the autobots look like alien suits.

Interesting....I've only ever been a fan of TFs from the sidelines, but I still don't get the extream changes. I suppose if the personality is still what I'm used to (the reason I like Megatron, just like Starscream's personality is why he's my favorite) then it could be cool.

However, just like everyone else, I kinda wanted to see Megatron. You know, something that looks like him too. Heck, this could be a badass movie, but it won't be a badass Transformers movie. It might be a cool version that someone made up all by themselves with some hint of a nudge from Transformers, but it's not what I was hoping to see. Not what most people were hoping to see.

Oh well though. Might as well cater to the ones who know nothing about TFs. I mean, they don't know the difference right? So why not alienate the fans and just try to grab whoever they can on the outside? Sounds like a plan!

Come to think of it, the design pics say work in progress at the bottom, so Ill take its word.

I don't like it at all... even if it weren't supposed to be Megatron, or a TF in general, I don't see anything especially cool about it. It's like they're trying too hard with these designs...

Sometimes I think they're take on it is so ridiculous, it could only be a ploy to anger the fans, create controversy and buzz, and then surprise everyone with G1/Alternator-ish designs for the actual film. But then that would get my hopes up too much...

G1 is all around, it never left and it probably never will. This new movie, in all likelyhood, will NOT flop. There are WAY too many people who don't have a clue as to what's going on that will see it, and more than a few of those that do.

I think you're underestimating how many people grew up and loved Transformers as a kid... Not all of them are fans today, but they'll still have a very distinct idea of what a TF is supposed to lool like, and many of them are not going to like this new take.

the internet does not lie, people lie :P

hmmm well this movie is gona be intersting if anything... not really TF though... So who things that if this thing sucks it could take out the entire toylines for good?..

that is my fear!! either way...

If it sucks, people will say " oh yea I saw that movie it sucked" when talk of tf is about as if the movie is the only tf thing out there...

& if its good

"oh yea I saw that movie its great"

like its the only thing out there :P

Come to think of it, the design pics say work in progress at the bottom, so Ill take its word.

The design pics also say "Final Version". Take of that what you will.

The more that I look at this picture, the more that it's growing on me. While it's definitely my least favorite of the designs for the movie characters that we've seen yet, that doesn't say a lot. I still love them all. Hmmm, since JayC hasn't implemented a spoiler code yet, I guess this'll have to do:

SPOILER POWERS ACTIVATE!

Form of...a spoiler beginning!

According to one script leak:

1. Megatron will not appear until the middle of the final act, if not later.

2. His character is apparently supposed to be that of an incredibly arrogant, monstrously powerful "spark-eater", a warlord-like individual if you will, that can't stand the sheer concept of organics or "fleshbags".

3. He packs a LOT of concealed weaponry. Just in case though, key in on the cannon in the middle of the alt mode.

As such, him taking the form of a human vehicle is more than just an absurd and unthinkable concept to the guy; in fact, it's more along the lines of defilement and an insult of the highest account.

Shape of....a spoiler ending!

Oh no, Gleep spilt the SPOILER!

Like I said before, this is my least favored movie character design, but that's mainly because it's missing something to give it that extra super-OOMPH!, whether it be a large arm sword or a cannon. Perhaps just a big honkin' Decepticon insignia on the chest. @smilepunch@ Nonetheless, I still think it's an incredibly sweet design because of what I can imagine: a living, breathing alien machine that wants nothing more than our eradication. It's terrifying and actually desires the ceasing of my existence. That's totally awesome to me, because we've had tons of war-based analogies from the perspectives of the Transformers; however, we've had VERY little that's regarded the human viewpoint of this war. The TF novels that came out a few years back weren't exceptionally great, but they did a really fine job of communicating how we look at what's been happening when what's usually regarded as an insignificant race gets caught up in the middle of an eons long civil war. Fear, blind optimism, faith, and xenophobia all get taken to new levels. That's an absolutely fascinating concept that very much makes me look forward to the movie, and these designs only help that grow.

That does it, I'm not going to see this movie. He doesn't look like a transformer in any way at all in the least.

Also, we haven't seen anybody with a bot or con insignia yet. They'll probably throw that out the window too, or "re-imagine" those to be something totally new and ##$%$#ed.

Guys...I think we may have some good news on that Megatron afte all. This is from Don Murphy's Website:

Good Afternoon--Let me answer your questions. Starscream is simply the coolest, most aggressive military jet in the skies. The military has given us unprecedented access to deliver this character to the audience in the most compelling way. He is Very much like G1. As noted to Nelson earlier in the week, the details, deco, weapons, and sculpt itself will change as we move from grey model to final form.

Megatron is an early style board. Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1; although the final look is a work-in-progress--ILM has just recently begun all their CGI development. Megatron has a iconic personality, and approach that dates back to G1. Throughout time he has had a very big gun....