Night Force Shockwave .

Action Figure Soundwave

Can Somebody tell me..... Why Night Force Shockwave is the most exspensive of the Night Force figures ? I mean you think that he would be one of the least of them cause he was also avalible in the Rapid Deployment mail away........ and Why isn't Light Foot worth as much ? I mean they came in the same package, which meant they were equally avalible.

I agree that people are army building both Shockwave v1 and this version. I think if v3 was released before v1, more would have used v3 as the default version. Night Force had its fair share of both improvements and non-improvements of their original counterparts. For example, the improvements were Shockwave, Lightfoot, and Charbroil. The figures that didn't seem to improve much despite a repaint were Muskrat(maybe i'm wrong but the original scheme was pretty solid), Repeater, and Falcon. Obviously it's a matter of perspective, but the bottom line is, if a figure comes with solid accessories and an awesome paint scheme that improves over its original counterpart, chances are it's going to be more expensive than the others.

The Night Force Shockwave figure's price is all about demand. While he should be more common than most of the other NF figures, the reality is that he is probably the most desired by collectors. As such, you see people willing to pay through the nose for him even though he is, in theory, easier to find than figures like Lightfoot or Tunnel Rat.

It's very similar to the situation with the V1 Viper vs. the '86 Dial Tone. The Viper is substantially more expensive than Dial Tone even though they should be available in equal numbers. But, the increased demand for Vipers is what prices the army builders higher while Dial Tone remains a cheap figure to acquire.

I'm not entirely convinced Shockwave and Charbroil were improvements

Shockwaves origional scheme was perfect for a SWAT member, and Charbroil was IMO no better overal in the night force version

Psyche Out was an improvement all round.

Tunnel Rat was worse: there was nothing wrong with his V1 scheme at all (I still contend that V1 Tunnel Rat is one of the best Joe figures ever), and colouring the bullets in his machine gun belt in red and yellow instead of geen and silver was just garish. However the NF II version was a great scheme overall with better detailing than any previous version of that mold.

Outback was a but of a wash, he was darker yes, but his white T-Shirt wasn't actually bad in the first place, and the NF version's sleaves didn't match the Torso. which knocked the visual effect back a lot.

Of course I grew up in the UK where instead of the NF figures we got Tiger force versions of the three of those figures: which were pretty much "WTF" to me even back then (though I actaully got them as by then I had thumb or crotch broken all three of the above V1's and wanted replacements of my favourette characters), why they're[?b] so id denand now I don't know.

CRS: Don't forget Crazy Legs, Spearhead and Sneak Peek. I kinda like CL's red uniform, but the NF version is, IMO, *the* most improved figure of the group. Spearhead looks good (though I sometime question which is more objectionable--teal or orange) and SP is definitely a lot better then his original as well. Psychout is a no-brainer. I would love to have seen Fast Draw redone in the original NF.