"Dragonhawk Snake-Eyes" and "VAMP Snake-Eyes"

Whitewolf

I finally got the Holy Grail of the 2.5" Sigma 6 line yesterday...the Dragonhawk. Coolest GI Joe vehicle I've seen in over a decade, in my humble opinion. But several people on here have already done reviews on it, so I won't bore you with another one.

However, I WILL bore you with something else entirely...@razz@

Anyone who has the new Sigma 6 VAMP has noticed that Snake-Eyes is posed in a very odd way. He seems to be looking skyward and his left arm is held close to his body, as if it's been broken. I've read a few comments on why Hasbro decided on such a strange pose and the smallish size of the head...and it got me to start examining the figure a bit closer. I placed the Snake-Eyes that comes with the Dragonhawk next to it, and a light came on over my head. I either found a production mixup on Hasbro's part, or this is one of those weird coincidences that just work out for the better...

Here, we see our silent hero in the aforementioned pose, his head held high...I can only assume that he is vigilantly scanning the skies for Cobra Firebats.

DSC_1501.jpg

And here, we see him apparently checking the Ninja Hovercycle's gas gauge, since he is staring straight down at the bike.

DSC_1498.jpg

The heads, arms and legs of the 2.5" S6 figures are very similar to the ROTS Threepio in terms of removability. I popped the heads off of both versions of SE and simply swapped them. The results were surprisingly positive!

Except for his lame left arm, VAMP SE now looks straight ahead, like his partner Long Range.

DSC_1499.jpg

And the Dragonhawk SE? This was the most dramatic change. The head angle is perfect for the preposed figure. He now looks directly ahead as he races into battle on his signature hoverbike.

DSC_1500.jpg

Was this a possible oversight on Hasbro's part? It simply seems like the two heads somehow got mixed up as to which figure they were supposed to go on. Either way, the "incorrect" heads work 1000 times better than the "correct" ones do. Just thought all of you who own the two vehicles would like to see how this looks...

It was just a pop-and-switch...

No putty, no heating, no painting, and no Dremmel were required. ;)

This is why I am wondering if there was some sort of mixup during the production of the individual parts. If you look at the Mission Pack that includes Storm Shadow, the VAMP SE's Uzi arm is reused on that figure, so I am led to believe that Hasbro intentionally designed these figure parts to be interchangable to create different poses.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up I did that with mine also.

I also tore apart all my Dukes to make one bad a@@ articulated one. I'm waiting for more of the other figures to do the same with all of my 2.5 Sigma figures. With all of them the parts just pop out and you can put them together how ever your heart desires. Its great when they have enough figures with different articulation that when all the parts are put together they make a close to fully articulated figure.

Its a marketing ploy I'm telling you. Buy all of the Dukes and swap parts and you get a good Duke. Buy just one and he sucks.

Joe