25th Anniversary Vehicles

Forcehunter

We all know that Hasbro mentioned that they would do 25th Anniversary celebration with 3.75" Joes. Although they never mentioned it, this could open up a possibility for some classic re-issues. We know that retailers don't always love vehicles, but since this is a celebration and odds are this is exclusive to TRU and/or online e-tailers, more vehicles just might come along for the ride.

I have some guranteed hits that Hsbro should do for this Anniversary line:

Wave 1

Whale (admittedly this is pushing it)

HISS

Flight Pod

Wave 2

HISS 2

Skystriker

Liquidator

Sky Hawk

Anyone else?

Personally, I think if we get any vehicles at all, most will be reuses from the modern line, toys that would take the least amount of time to get running in production:

DTC HISS w/ new cannons

Ice Sabre w/ modified turret

Although I'd certainly not be against new renditions of the Flight Pod, Armadillo or Skyhawk ;)

But I think anything beyond a $20 pricepoint is highly unlikely

This might have been a good question to ask at the Con @smilepunch@ .

Put me down for a Water Mocassin and Sky Hawk. Another SHARC redux would be cool, as well. Honestly, with the size of the S6 Dragonhawk (the face of the box is easily larger than the TRU Hydrofoil box-face), no retailer should be k'fetching about vehicles taking up too much space on shelves.

It will be a poor 25th anniversary indeed if there are no 1:18 vehicles with which to commemorate.

Wolverine Tank (with Cover Girl)

Chameleon (with Zartan)

Flight Pod

Whale (with Cutter)

RAM

JUMP Pack

Skystriker (with Ace)

Rattler (with Wild Weasel)

Joe and Cobra Gliders (with Greenshirts/Grunts and Cobra Troopers)

HISS Tank (with HISS Tank driver)

I was also a fan of the outposts, watchtowers, and battle stations they had. But the vehicles listed are tops on my list. I'd also like to see removable equipment that was originally molded onto the vehicle (shovels, tools, etc)

In the land of wishful thinking:

1. WHALE

2. desert or green or even snow camo Wolverine

3. Phantom x-19, entirely black, dark blue, or dark green

What's possible based on previous reissues:

1. crimson trouble bubble

2. crimson or black rattler

3. crimson or green camo STUN

4. Snowcat, winter camo (minus sound attack) or army drab green

Well, given that the figures were basically "accessories" for the vehicles, it would make sense to put SOME vehicles out.

I'd guess we would most likely see the stuff we saw at the recent cons (Armadillo, H.I.S.S. II, Stun, Dreadnok Cycle, Sky Hawk, etc.).

I wouldn't mind the RAM or a FANG(v1) maybe the PAC/RATs, SKAKE armor, Wolverine,or the Mirage. And the obvious wishful thinking ...the FLAGG or TERROR DROME.But, we all know that won't happen. Too bad to, they'd probably sell well. I'm still upset over loosing my 2 Terror Dromes 16 years ago.

I'd like to see:

Flight Pod

Skystriker

Rattler

Sky Hawk

Whale

Water Mocassin

Personally I dont want any reissues, Unless its repainted differently whats the point?

How about:

Blue or Black S.N.A.K.E.

Crimson Rattler

Cobra Whale

Dark blue Stinger

Personally I dont want any reissues, Unless its repainted differently whats the point?

How about:

Blue or Black S.N.A.K.E.

Crimson Rattler

Cobra Whale

Dark blue Stinger

The point is that you get the chance to obtain the original vehicles. I'd gladly take a blue Rattler over a crimson Rattler anyday, but there should be room for both if it helps sales. And technically, it would be a resculpt, not a reissue.

There are too many HISS's, right now.

Although a nice Blue HISS 2 would be perfect for me.

A Blue Rattler w/out Sound Attack

Stinger Jeep, for sure for $10

Flight Pod (trouble bubble) $10

A Joe Skystriker

or TOMAHAWK copter.

Killer Whale.

SkyHawk,too

The reasonable price points would be:

Cobra Stinger JEEP $10

JOE SkyHawk $10

HISS 2 w/troops $20

KillerWhale or Tomahawk for about $40

I can see that happen.

I say keep it simple and small. Neither the Trouble Bubble or Skyhawk have seen mass retail in almost 10 years. Both hold one figure and could be used to chase one another around. Not to mention that you could package these with or without a figure and keep the price to somewhere between $10 and $15.

so many deserve to be done, but done correctly.

The Hydrofoil is one of the greatest toys of all time... but that TRU reissue was horrible. I don't know who the hell at Hasbro though that a marble green Hyrdofoil was a good idea.. that person should be fired, and his supervisor too for allowing it.

No added action features, no missing pieces because they lost the mold for it, no cheesy cheap plastic.

that being said.... NO new sculpt vehicles, they just can't touch the originals.

Killer WHALE (grey or black)

Tomahawk (army green or grey)

VAMP (no new rollcage crap)

Rattler (with the second canopy)

Stinger

Water Mocasin

Ferret

Silver Mirage

Flight Pod

Devilfish

WOLF

Desert Fox

Hurricane

I would be happy simply to have 3 3/4" size versions of some of the 2.5" Sigma 6 vehicles like the Firebat and Razor's Edge.

For all we know the figure molds would be completely new so if vehicles were made, odds are they would be newly designed as well.

True. but I already have a blue Rattler. Now a totally new sculpt Rattler, that I would love.

And there in lies the problem.

There are a lot of us that would like to see ORIGINAL color versions of vehicles/figures (just look at the upcoming Viper 6-pack, while not exactly "correct" it works fine), there are just as many who prefer new colors.

Personally speaking, the whole "Rainbow Brigade" got old fast. I'd rather have an armada of same colored vehicles...regardless of the color, be it all blue Rattlers, all gold or all red. I have a hard enough time designating jobs for all the other colors of the Vipers, for example, to have to do it with vehicles too.

Personally, if they do 25th anniversary vehicles and/or accessories, I would like to see them either rerelease or recreate the original vehicles from the first few years. H.A.L., F.L.A.K., M.M.S., M.O.B.A.T., V.A.M.P., R.A.M., and so on.

True. but I already have a blue Rattler. Now a totally new sculpt Rattler, that I would love.

And there in lies the problem.

There are a lot of us that would like to see ORIGINAL color versions of vehicles/figures (just look at the upcoming Viper 6-pack, while not exactly "correct" it works fine), there are just as many who prefer new colors.

I agree to an extent... If the new colour made sense, I'd be all for it. I didn't like the gold Rattler, because it just didn't do it for me, but a black or maybe even a crimson one would be okay (would prefer the black), because it's more "Cobra" to me.

But if they were original blue (with minor differences, of course), I'd be fine with that too, even though I have an original.