Fantasy Football

nevermore

I just finished my league's draft and thought it'd be cool if we had a thread where we posted our teams. Here's my team (* indicates starter):

QB

*Matt Hasselbeck (6th rd)

Mark Brunell (12th rd)

RB

*Tiki Barber (1st rd)

*Lamont Jordan (2nd rd)

Julius Jones (7th rd)

Kevin Jones (8th rd)

WR

*Larry Fitzgerald (3rd rd)

*Randy Moss (4th rd)

*Darrel Jackson (5th rd)

Joe Horn (9th)

Reggie Brown (11th)

Michael Clayton (13th)

TE

*Heath Miller (14th)

Kellen Winslow (16th) (Got him with my very last pick so if he gets hurt no big deal)

K

*Neil Rackers (15th)

DEF

*Pittsburg (10th)

Let me know what you think!

Oh yeah and here's my wife's team:

QB

*Tom Brady (4th)

Drew Bledsoe (11th)

RB

*Larry Johnson (1st)

*Ronnie Brown (2nd)

Joseph Addai (9th)

Cedric Benson (13th)

Frank Gore (15th)

WR

*Torry Holt (3rd)

*Chris Chambers (5th)

*Javon Walker (7th)

Derrick Mason (8th)

Nate Burleson (12th)

TE

*Alge Crumpler (6th)

K

*S Graham (16th)

DEF

*Indy (10th)

ATL (14th)

Yeah, I'm interested in how many teams are in that. Your roster is stacked.

Plus, I'm just wondering who was your first overall pick (and what spot you took him). It seems like Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, and LaDainian Tomlinson are all the guys who will be taken in the top three among all leagues. After that, the fourth pick could be nearly anyone.

Yeah the teams are pretty stacked mainly because we only have an 8 team league. I used to play 10 but a couple of guys couldn't make it this year and we didn't want to replace them incase they can come back next year.

The 1st round went like this:

1. Alexander

2. Larry Johnson (my wife)

3. LT

4. Chad Johnson (HAHA)

5. Tiki Barber (me)

6. Edge

7. Peyton Manning

8. Rudi Johnson

and this was the 2nd rd

1. Portis

2. Steven Jackson

3. TO (HAHA)

4. Lamont Jordan (me)

5. Brett Favre (HAHA)

6. Magahee

7. Ronnie Brown (my wife)

8. Cadillac

As you can see there were a couple people who just arent good at drafting so that helped some players slip down to my wife and I too.

Well here is my team I drafted from a week ago in a 12-team league. I wasn't able to attend the draft so I wasn't real happy about all the selections. I ended up with the fourth overall pick (which I hated since I lost out on Alexander, LJ, and LT). Plus with Yahoo, it automatically fills in your starters before your bench, so I ended up taking my kicker and defense really soon.

The team is called America's Most Wasted.

Starters

QB -- Marc Bulger (6th round, 69th pick)

RB -- Tiki Barber (1st round, 4th pick)

RB -- Brian Westbrook (2nd round, 21st pick)

WR -- Torry Holt (3rd round, 28th pick)

WR -- Reggie Wayne (4th round, 45th pick)

TE -- Heath Miller (7th round, 76th pick)

Flex -- Domanick Davis (5th round, 52nd pick)

K -- Mike Vanderjagt (8th round, 93rd pick)

DEF -- Seattle (9th round, 100th pick)

Bench

QB -- Mark Brunell (13th round, 148th pick)

RB -- Priest Holmes (12th round, 141th pick)

WR -- Terry Glenn (10th round, 117th pick)

WR -- Jerry Porter (11th round, 124th pick)

WR -- Braylon Edwards (free agent pick-up)

Interestingly, the person with the fifth overall pick decided to draft Reggie Bush.

Yeah the teams are pretty stacked mainly because we only have an 8 team league. I used to play 10 but a couple of guys couldn't make it this year and we didn't want to replace them incase they can come back next year.

1. Alexander

3. LT

4. Chad Johnson (HAHA)

5. Tiki Barber (me)

6. Edge

7. Peyton Manning

8. Rudi Johnson

and this was the 2nd rd

1. Portis

2. Steven Jackson

3. TO (HAHA)

4. Lamont Jordan (me)

5. Brett Favre (HAHA)

6. Magahee

8. Cadillac

As you can see there were a couple people who just arent good at drafting so that helped some players slip down to my wife and I too.

I would have to agree. Drafting TO with the 11th overall pick is nuts. And Brett Favre being drafted with the 13th overall pick is even more nuts.

Well here is my team I drafted from a week ago in a 12-team league. I wasn't able to attend the draft so I wasn't real happy about all the selections. I ended up with the fourth overall pick (which I hated since I lost out on Alexander, LJ, and LT). Plus with Yahoo, it automatically fills in your starters before your bench, so I ended up taking my kicker and defense really soon.

The team is called America's Most Wasted.

Starters

QB -- Marc Bulger (6th round, 69th pick)

RB -- Tiki Barber (1st round, 4th pick)

RB -- Brian Westbrook (2nd round, 21st pick)

WR -- Torry Holt (3rd round, 28th pick)

WR -- Reggie Wayne (4th round, 45th pick)

TE -- Heath Miller (7th round, 76th pick)

Flex -- Domanick Davis (5th round, 52nd pick)

K -- Mike Vanderjagt (8th round, 93rd pick)

DEF -- Seattle (9th round, 100th pick)

Bench

QB -- Mark Brunell (13th round, 148th pick)

RB -- Priest Holmes (12th round, 141th pick)

WR -- Terry Glenn (10th round, 117th pick)

WR -- Jerry Porter (11th round, 124th pick)

WR -- Braylon Edwards (free agent pick-up)

Interestingly, the person with the fifth overall pick decided to draft Reggie Bush.

Hey man that doesnt seem too bad especially for a 12 team league. Your RBs and WR seem pretty solid to me. That really sux about Yahoo picking up a DEF and K for you early. With my friends if someone can't attend the draft we do it over the phone or they give me a preranking or I just draft for them so that kind of thing doesn't happen. I am surprised that with the 8th rd pick you got Vanderjagt as a kicker I would think Neil Rackers and Vinatieri would be rated higher.

Getting Bush that high is pretty insane. Unless you play in a keeper league and they are planning on building their team around him in the future too. Even then its still high. Bush went in the 3rd rd in my league and even then I thought it was too early because of Deuce. I would have probably looked to take him in round 4 or 5 depending on how the draft was going.

1. Alexander

3. LT

4. Chad Johnson (HAHA)

5. Tiki Barber (me)

6. Edge

7. Peyton Manning

8. Rudi Johnson

and this was the 2nd rd

1. Portis

2. Steven Jackson

3. TO (HAHA)

4. Lamont Jordan (me)

5. Brett Favre (HAHA)

6. Magahee

8. Cadillac

I would have to agree. Drafting TO with the 11th overall pick is nuts. And Brett Favre being drafted with the 13th overall pick is even more nuts.

I wasn't complaining (and a couple of us had to stifle our laughs to prevent them from recanting their picks). It left me with some good picks. If you look at it one guy picked Chad Johnson with their 1st pick and Brett Favre with their 2nd. Insanity.

Cool I really like Barber and Mason. My wife and I had Mason targeted from the beginning. How many teams in your league

Question for you guys...

My wife and I are trying to decide whether or not to drop Cedric Benson and pick up Mike Bell. Should she? Benson's hurt and his teammates want Jones and Denver has a history of great rookie RB performances.

yeah I think I will. Shes got 5 backs and I've got 5 WRs so if we need a little help we can swap. I love her back up RBs but mine are suspect (could be great like 2 yrs ago or could be busts like last year) and I like my back up WRs but Burleson is suspect to me. So we'll see.

Alright, the ADC/TNI league draft just got finished. We have 18 teams in our league and unfortunately I got stuck with the 14th pick.

QB - Jake Plummer

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Plaxico Burress

RB - Cadillac Williams

RB - Frank Gore

TE - Ben Watson

K - David Akers

DEF - New Orleans

BN - Byron Leftwich (QB)

BN - Chris Simms (QB)

BN - Ashley Lelie (WR)

BN - David Givens (WR)

BN - T.J. Duckett (RB)

BN - Derrick Blaylock (RB)

Here's what my team looks like after the ADC/TNI draft. I'm pretty happy with it. I have three solid RBs in a deep league along with the best TE in the game. Plus, I stole Michael Vick in the 8th round with the 132nd pick. Couldn't believe I could take him so late.

Starters

QB -- Kurt Warner (4th rd, 60th pick)

RB -- LaMont Jordan (1st rd, 13th pick)

RB -- Ahman Green (5th rd, 85th pick)

WR -- Javon Walker (3rd rd, 49th pick

WR -- Antwaan Randle El (7th rd, 121st pick)

TE -- Antonio Gates (2nd rd, 24th pick)

K --- Tim Duncan (14th rd, 240th pick)

DEF - San Francisco (13th rd, 229th pick)

Bench

QB -- Michael Vick (8th rd, 132nd pick)

RB -- Mike Bell (6th rd, 96th pick)

WR -- Joe Jurevicius (9th rd, 157th pick)

WR -- Braylon Edwards (10th rd, 168th pick)

WR -- Greg Jennings (11th rd, 193rd pick)

TE -- Kellen Winslow (12th rd, 204th pick)

By the way, my kicker is Tim Duncan (of the Raiders, not the Spurs). Kicker picks are jokes anyway, so why not. I'll grab a real kicker in free agency.

Damn u guys did pretty well for an 18 team league.

Tyranus I think your starter RBs and WRs are great looks like you got pretty lucky on those.

Ugly Bulldog I agree your RB's are great too. Especially with Bell who I think you may end up having to start over Green. You also have 2 great TE's. I think Winslow will finally be able to play and he should be a madman out there since he's had to watch for 2 years.

I don't like my team at all @lol@

I really like both of your teams, Tyranus and Bulldog, except you both have bad defense, but thats no biggie

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my team in the main 10-team league I play in every year. Led the league in points this week, of course:

Starters:

QB- McNabb

RB- Larry Johnson

- M. Westbrook

WR- T.O.

- Darrell Jackson

- Eric Moulds

TE- Heap

K- Shane Graham

DEF- Pittsburgh

Reserves:

Brees

Deuce McAllister

Michael Pittman

Michael Jenkins

David Givens

Jerry Porter

Broncos Def

My roster could use some depth but it is a really good league and 9 of the 10 people have played at least 5 years (this is my 7th year) so they know what their doing. As long as my starters remain healthy I should be able to coast into the playoffs.