Republic Commando custom

night force cynic

Finally saw Scorch in person for the first time ever the other day at Walmart and decided to ring in the occasion by grabbing one to open and one to repaint. An all white Republic Commando clone seems so obvious but white paint is pain in the jewels to get coverage with so it took a couple days. I'm super happy with the results though. If nothing else, I'm even more excited to get the set from EE.

bio:

Republic Commando Sheppr'd was born of the same clone batch as Sev and his crew, but following the disaster at Geonosis, he was transferred to Coruscant and remained there working exclusively for the Chancellor's staff for any 'black ops' endeavors that the man could think up. Though he saw action hunting down rumored Seperatist agents working on their own in the Capital planet's underworld, Palpatine always expected Sheppr'd to keep his armor pristine looking when inside the Senate building (though behind the scenes as much as possible, usually working with the Royal Guard teams or a few specific Jedi). Befriended and named by Masters Shaak Ti and Even Piell and loyal to both, the Commando enjoyed his position and its exclusivity. Sheppr'd was killed in the operation that resulted in Grievous kidnapping the Chancellor, he died alongside the red guards he was leading.

clonecommando1.jpg

clonecommando2.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic. It's pretty amazing, what something as simplistic as adding White armor to something, could change the look so drastically. Good work man, you're paitence paid off in the end.

You're not alone in waiting for the Republic Command set either. I'm so excited.

I just saw an old add for the Republic Commando video game and it had all four of the commandos in all white just like yours. Looks really good. I was thinking of doing the same when the Commandos box set comes in (need to do something with the extra Scorch :)).

EDIT:

I think this the art that was used for the ad I was talking about:

http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/r..._a_1024x768.jpg

The all white looks really good on them.

Nerd timeeeeeee.

Any info/background on what type of armour the republic command was issued? It looks slighty beefier and some slight changes than the standard Clone armour. Or maybe Im wrong? :-D

Commandos were Katarn Class armor...it's heavier and bulkier so it can absorb more damage. If you haven't you should check out the Republic Commando books by Karen Travis. If you have an Xbox you NEED to get the game. The Stragety guide also has tons of great background info on the commandos....that's it I'm grabbing my spare Scorch and painting him white!!!

Commandos were Katarn Class armor...it's heavier and bulkier so it can absorb more damage. If you haven't you should check out the Republic Commando books by Karen Travis. If you have an Xbox you NEED to get the game. The Stragety guide also has tons of great background info on the commandos....that's it I'm grabbing my spare Scorch and painting him white!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the novel and I will get the game.

Nerd time, round twooooooooooo

Katarn? Totally unrelated to Kyle Katarn I assume?