childhood toy fiction (I know, enter stupid topic)

Mr Nobody

I know I'm not alone here (because some of us still do this), but who else mixed up their different toylines when they were younger? Here's a couple of things I did:

Archangel (X-men) was a Silverhawk :rolleyes:

Mon*Star led the Sharkticons :D (in kind of a CrocMaster way)

Third Earth, Hawk Haven, Eternia, and Etheria were all in the same solar system, and Plundarr was a rogue planet in the Horde Empire

Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow were transported to Etheria and joined the rebellion.

(I know, I'm mental @loll@ )

I still do this to an extent. For one, I use my CAT driver CGI as MY Cobra Mortal

Who else did/does this?

When I was younger, Krang opened a portal to Eternaia so he and the Shedder could escape the Turtles, but the Turtles followed. The Foot Teamed up with Skeletor and the Turtles with Heman and they'd skip between the 2 verses. The X-men and Biker Mice often joined the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to combine everything in one of 3 ways.

I had the 20" tall Shogun Warrior Godzilla. My 3-3/4" GI Joe and Star Wars figures were always terrorized by a Giant monster (Clash of the Titans kraken, the AT-AT, some Transformer and anything else I could find) and Godzilla would save the day.

Another way is I would play Doctor Who with my figures. I would have planets and aliens from everywhere with either Han, Luke, Ben or any other figure as the Doctor. Gi Joe figures and Transformers would appear in the stories too. Any time, and Place was open to my imagination. Larger scale figures, though I didn't have many, wouldn't matter. They were from a planet of giants or something.

The last way I played witth mixing up the toy lines was with a complex story. I have every micro Transformer as well as all the Transformer cities. I came up with a story that revolved around the Pretender Monstructor. The Autobots were put on trial by a race of superior beings who determined that the Autobots were guilty of genocide of the Decepticon race. Ion order to prove their innocence, they had to find Decepticons or prove that the universe was better off without them. The Pretender components of Monstructor were hidden on different planets throughout the universe inhabited by the toys Air Raiders, Spiral Zone, Galoob Micro figures and whatever else I could find. That story took me at least 7 weeks of Saturday afternoons to play out.

All of this during the '80's.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I should check down here on the forum list more often.

That is pretty much the only thing I did with my toys! All my toys were pretty much bought based on coolness, accessories, and if I could figure them into my gigantic main story revolving around a majority of my figures (i'd work in different sizes too if I could). Heck, the story never did finish. I've still got it in my head though and I've been meaning to finish it.

Alot of the Marvel Legends I buy are specifically to replace my older ones who either played themselved or someone else (back then I didn't know who everyone was....I just got them 'cause they looked cool, like Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse). Even now I still buy some figures just because I looked at them and thought "Oh! He's perfect for this part!"

That was alot of my childhood!

i still do this marvel legionds,avatar,mortal kombat,masters of the universe, street fighter when i get my minators from the horsemen, and anything that fits into my final fantasy type storys i use them make new names and lay in the living room floor watching a movie and playing my wife hates it

i still do this marvel legionds,avatar,mortal kombat,masters of the universe, street fighter when i get my minators from the horsemen, and anything that fits into my final fantasy type storys i use them make new names and lay in the living room floor watching a movie and playing my wife hates it

Yeah, there's nothin' like grabbin' a bunch of figures that fit together story wise and makin' up a story around them for a bit. My girlfriend amazingly doesn't care, though that doesn't stop her from asking what I find so fun about it every so often. The only thing that gets on her nerves is the noises I make sometimes. Can't help it! It's still fun!

• 1 month later...

I used to do this ALL the time. At one point, I stopped playing with my GI Joes as GI Joes and made up my own characters with them. I mostly had late 80s/ early 90s joes so I came up with a lot of sci-fi super hero like characters.

I also had this animated series Batman figure but no Robin so I had Captain Grid-Iron play him. He was in yellow and green, so it worked XD

I also once discovered my Super Powers Superman could fit in my Ecto-1. XD Good times.