TheSlup

MP-03 Purchase Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Gonna Buy One?

• One? I'm buying two or more!
    • One please.
    • No, because...
    • Undecided

Just out of curiosity, and because I am now on the fence about getting one, who all is going to get MP-03. If you answer no or undecided, please put why. Anything from the colors, to "I'd like to afford to eat next month."

I am undecided because while I do like the look, it just isn't SS to me. My collection is all about staying true to Season 1 Gen 1 characters. On the other hand, I don't want to have to rely on Taktomy to come out with an anime repaint. I guess, as with most things, I will wait until someone put some pics up of him in hand.

Nope...combination of Price and Deco. But really the mold is amazing, had they not had that 11th Hour paint deco I might have made room for his in my budget, but they insist on ruining the mold with that paint job, then I must insist on keeping my money.

i need to first save up the money for the guy then ill decide. i also want mp-04 since i only have 20th prime and want a mp prime. do u have to buy one of them to become part of the rumored return of stars? like is the registration with them, or can u sign up with that else where, since there supposed to have anime starscream and roller.

I am undecided because while I do like the look, it just isn't SS to me. My collection is all about staying true to Season 1 Gen 1 characters. On the other hand, I don't want to have to rely on Taktomy to come out with an anime repaint. I guess, as with most things, I will wait until someone put some pics up of him in hand.

My reasons exactly... I'll wait for a repaint.

Not buying it.

:) :) I first Pre-Ordered it but then force my to cancel because I can't stand the hip joint connection and the horrible colors.

So the answer is NO for me.

Now that I look at a clearer image of MP3 from fan2fan, when looking from a 3/4 view thanks to the hip joint, Starscream transformation seems like he's in half robot and half jet transformation @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

Well for starters, I think I like the first version of the mold we saw better. However, the one we're getting really isn't bad at all. Sure it's not exactly g1 accurate but I'll take it.

From what I can tell, the appearance of the colors seems to change with the amount of light. None of the pics were taken in a well illuminated setting so I wouldn't be so quick to condemn it. I'm betting the colors blend together quite a bit better than they look on the poorly lit pics we saw so far.

Yeah, it's gonna be darker but I kinda think it gives him a bit more of a menacing look.

Keep in mind, Hasbro said that don't know if they'll release this figure, which means it is under consideration. If they're paying enough attention to the fandom then perhaps they'll make their version the way that most people wanted it.

....And who knows, maybe they'll even go with that first version of the figure.

Keep in mind, Hasbro said that don't know if they'll release this figure, which means it is under consideration. If they're paying enough attention to the fandom then perhaps they'll make their version the way that most people wanted it.

That'd be pretty sweet, actually... Who knows, maybe we'll luck out? I'd readily buy that version, providing it was in the right colours, and any repaints (ie: Thundercracker, Skywarp) they decided to do.

No way. Not going to spend $100 on a product with those atrocious colours. Might be tempted if they do a repaint. But for the time being I shall quote Rama Sha " if they insist on ruining the mold with that paint job, then I must insist on keeping my money" couldnt have summed it up better myself.

Like the pogoman says, g1 colors or not it is a MP after all :)

I'll buy 2 perhaps or maybe wait for a repaint, but either way I AM buying one!!

Finally something we can agree on Synch! I am definitely picking this badass TF up! How anyone can trash his robot and jet form is beyond me... they both look amazing!!!

Finally something we can agree on Synch! I am definitely picking this badass TF up! How anyone can trash his robot and jet form is beyond me... they both look amazing!!!

No Way.

the first mold was great...

but this one..Bleargh its so ugly.

Hip junk hanging off is a deal breaker, before i even mention the colors.

its not worth 100.00 for an inaccurate robot mode.

unless its released for 30.00 us or lower i won't buy it.

consider this: all you guys dying to pay money for this crap are just encouraging them. of course they know we want it in original colors...they release them like that on purpose to get you to buy it, thinking you won't be able to get one in proper colors. then later, they release it in the right hue, and you're stuck.

does anyone remember binaltech/alternators Tracks?

Arse to all you who don't like the colours. It's dark grey, Starscream is grey. So it's at least the right colour even if the wrong shade.

Anyone who thinks it looks like Thundercracker, would be annoyed as hell if they called it Thundercracker, since Thundercracker isn't grey!

How many MP's have been colour accurate?

MP1.... Grey gun?!?

MP2.... Green bits?!?

MP3.... Wrong shade of grey? Who cares!

To those who think MP should mean cartoon accurate.... On who's authority is that? It means it's a "masterpiece", and this thing certainly is. A dark grey plane is more of a masterpiece in my eyes than one that is pale grey with red and blue bits.

In short, my answer to the pole was "One please" @bounce@

Arse to all you who don't like the colours. It's dark grey, Starscream is grey. So it's at least the right colour even if the wrong shade.

Anyone who thinks it looks like Thundercracker, would be annoyed as hell if they called it Thundercracker, since Thundercracker isn't grey!

How many MP's have been colour accurate?

MP1.... Grey gun?!?

MP2.... Green bits?!?

MP3.... Wrong shade of grey? Who cares!

To those who think MP should mean cartoon accurate.... On who's authority is that? It means it's a "masterpiece", and this thing certainly is. A dark grey plane is more of a masterpiece in my eyes than one that is pale grey with red and blue bits.

In short, my answer to the pole was "One please" @bounce@

If the only inaccurate part of Starscream was something like his crown accessory, and he had accurate colours I would glady buy one.

No Way.

the first mold was great...

but this one..Bleargh its so ugly.

Hip junk hanging off is a deal breaker, before i even mention the colors.

its not worth 100.00 for an inaccurate robot mode.

unless its released for 30.00 us or lower i won't buy it.

consider this: all you guys dying to pay money for this crap are just encouraging them. of course they know we want it in original colors...they release them like that on purpose to get you to buy it, thinking you won't be able to get one in proper colors. then later, they release it in the right hue, and you're stuck.

does anyone remember binaltech/alternators Tracks?

Thats a great point ...but if i buy this one i can open it and have some fun.

Then later on down the road when they release one in his true colors (yes i remember Tracks)i can keep him MISB. I know that by doing this im just giving into my corporate masters at Takara but i cant help myself.