Autobots in vehicle mode, and bumblebee in FULL robot mode

Mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.....i dont know what to say.....i'm not particularly happy with the alt modes, i mean they're ok....

that robot is awesome looking......but not as bumblebee. he is a bit freekyish looking. if i was spike and BB said "hop in spike" i'd be like "F you, i'm not riding in your creepy ass. you might be like a giant trash compactor and try and squish me or something"

i dont know....i'm still not passing final judgement yet till i see it in theaters. so far cullen and some of the characters named are the best parts of the movie. now if only they will officially name welker as the voice of Megatron..... @firedevil@

So...whose idea was it to make them look like robot skeletons instead of closer to designs we've seen since G1? Bumblebee in his robot mode there doesn't really scream "Transformer" to me, more "generic robot", I was hoping that split second shot of skeletal looking robot in the trailer was just how they looked before choosing earth forms or just how one character appeared, but now I'm kinda worried. If they all look like Bumblebee does, I think they've made a very large mistake...

OH NO! Changes have appeared! Oh, woe is me!

Pfftt. The models seen in the pictures aren't exactly thrilling, but the pictures aren't exactly the best either. Of course, seeing as how I'm of the camp that doesn't really seem to think that the movie HAS to be G1(because there was just oodle and oodles of "brilliant writing" in it), I'm obviously wrong. Clearly. @smilepunch@ I'll pass final judgement in theaters with the other people who go see the movie, a lot of whom will be the "20-30 somethings that are needed to see the movie"....and a rational thought here, they'll probably judge it then too. GASP!

Of all the Emoticons on this site.... none can truly capture my disappointment.

I can't supply an emoticon but I can supply this for you..

Myeyes.jpg

You got anything where someone is pouring bleach into his own eyes....I think that would capture it well.

Of all the Emoticons on this site.... none can truly capture my disappointment.

I can't supply an emoticon but I can supply this for you..

Myeyes.jpg

You got anything where someone is pouring bleach into his own eyes....I think that would capture it well.

If I don't I could find fome pix and throw one together :D

Pfftt. The models seen in the pictures aren't exactly thrilling, but the pictures aren't exactly the best either. Of course, seeing as how I'm of the camp that doesn't really seem to think that the movie HAS to be G1(because there was just oodle and oodles of "brilliant writing" in it), I'm obviously wrong. Clearly. @smilepunch@ I'll pass final judgement in theaters with the other people who go see the movie, a lot of whom will be the "20-30 somethings that are needed to see the movie"....and a rational thought here, they'll probably judge it then too. GASP!

Change isn't the problem. The problem is when you take change too far and lose the feel of the property. These robots don't look like Transformers at all. They look like they belong in a totally different giant robot property.

And somehow, I don't expect the writing in this movie will be any more "brilliant" than G1.

Change isn't the problem. The problem is when you take change too far and lose the feel of the property. These robots don't look like Transformers at all. They look like they belong in a totally different giant robot property.

And somehow, I don't expect the writing in this movie will be any more "brilliant" than G1.

To tell the truth, the designs of these guys, especially the Decepticons, looks incredibly similar to Transtech.....i.e., the Transformers series "that never was" that oh so many of the fandom has claimed to have loved at one point in their life.

The only thing that's original to the story of Transformers is the concept behind the characters and who they are, not their aesthetic design, except from post G1 movie on. Looking at it from a design perspective, the Autobots tend to have a more human-like shape to their design, while the Decepticons are fairly monstrous and inhuman looking. Considering that the Decepticons are routinely viewed as inhuman individuals that will do anything to get their way, no matter how vile or morally corrupt it may seem, how is that any different from the actual property? The robots are alien machines that come from a different planet. Why should they conform to our planet's standards? If they transform from one mode to another, how are they not Transformers?

To tell the truth, the designs of these guys, especially the Decepticons, looks incredibly similar to Transtech.....i.e., the Transformers series "that never was" that oh so many of the fandom has claimed to have loved at one point in their life.

The only thing that's original to the story of Transformers is the concept behind the characters and who they are, not their aesthetic design, except from post G1 movie on. Looking at it from a design perspective, the Autobots tend to have a more human-like shape to their design, while the Decepticons are fairly monstrous and inhuman looking. Considering that the Decepticons are routinely viewed as inhuman individuals that will do anything to get their way, no matter how vile or morally corrupt it may seem, how is that any different from the actual property? The robots are alien machines that come from a different planet. Why should they conform to our planet's standards? If they transform from one mode to another, how are they not Transformers?

First off, most of the fandom did NOT like Transtech.

Second, I don't know why you have such a pissy attitude, seems like you are taking this a little too personally.

Third, Transformers have always had a certain aesthetic quality, i.e. robots that have vehicle parts on them, such as car hoods for chests, doors for wings, etc. Also a recognizable feature have always been the heads.

This is like making a Superman movie, making him green, with six eyes, 8 arms and a snake body from the waist down and a big purple cursive "S" on his chest.

Would you then defend that look, saying "well, he's from an alien world, and he has an "S" on his chest so it's fine"??? 'Cause that's what you sound like right about now.

TFs have always had a certain look, for me as a kid, it wasn't really that they were giant robots, but giant robots that looked like they were made from car/jet parts. These designs are as far from the property aesthetic that they look like something else entirely.

Spiderman in a hot pink suit with two heads OK with you? Because that's what this is.

This is like making a Superman movie, making him green, with six eyes, 8 arms and a snake body from the waist down and a big purple cursive "S" on his chest.

Would you then defend that look, saying "well, he's from an alien world, and he has an "S" on his chest so it's fine"??? 'Cause that's what you sound like right about now.

Best analogy I've yet heard to describe what's sure to be a travesty...

How could you even attempt to prove that? From the boards I frequent it seemed the opposite is true. Now we're getting something that resembles transtech and a good number of people on other boards think these designs are great.

Third, Transformers have always had a certain aesthetic quality, i.e. robots that have vehicle parts on them, such as car hoods for chests, doors for wings, etc. Also a recognizable feature have always been the heads.

TFs have always had a certain look, for me as a kid, it wasn't really that they were giant robots, but giant robots that looked like they were made from car/jet parts. These designs are as far from the property aesthetic that they look like something else entirely.

Spiderman in a hot pink suit with two heads OK with you? Because that's what this is.

I can see your point, although I think you're exagerrating a bit; these don't look like most tf's, but then I think for this movie to be believeable bay and co. had to go w/ a more futuristic design style.

How could you even attempt to prove that? From the boards I frequent it seemed the opposite is true. Now we're getting something that resembles transtech and a good number of people on other boards think these designs are great.

Same way you'd prove that the Fandom loved it I guess. From what I saw at time the Transtech drawings surfaced the ones that liked it where the minority, but they were very vocal about liking it. I for one hated them and comparing these too TT isn't helping their case any in my book.

Second, I don't know why you have such a pissy attitude, seems like you are taking this a little too personally.

Hi. First on the agenda, apparently, is that I have a pissy attitude, though one has to wonder what that is in relation and comparison to. Is it because I have a dissenting opinion to what appears to be the majority in this thread? Is it because I haven't exaggerated when I've voiced my opinion? Maybe it's in comparison to some of opposing comments made by other posters. Let's take a look through this thread to see what some of them are.

"BLAH!!!! they all suck"(which was the first actual sentence made in this thread, mind you)

"Of all the Emoticons on this site.... none can truly capture my disappointment."

"God please do not make these toys. Those are disgusting."

"I can't supply an emoticon but I can supply this for you..(My eyes! The goggles do nothing!)"

"Well, if those are real, they suck...99% of 20 to 30-somethings who grew up with TFs - who are not rabid fans but will be needed to make this movie a hit - will take one look at Bumblebee and the rest and throw up."

"but a disgrace for what we know as Transformers."

"*sits and cries* Yup... not even Peter Cullen can save this mess. I think I'd actually prefer his good name not be associated with it now."

"You got anything where someone is pouring bleach into his own eyes....I think that would capture it well."

"Spiderman in a hot pink suit with two heads OK with you? Because that's what this is."

Oh hyperbole, how overused and exhausted you are.

Secondly, if I was taking this way personally, wouldn't I be of the camp that is talking about this movie is a travesty? Y'know, as opposed to looking at it from an objective viewpoint. Or waiting to judge until it's actually in theaters, instead of right now? Remember, Optimus Prime and crew are characters created by Hasbro. The toy design itself is not Optimus Prime, but the character is. Just a little food for thought.

Oh, and one last thing? FYI, you might want to include reptile scales, gorilla arms, and rat tails into that description of yours about what constitutes the aesthetic qualities of Transformers. 'Cuz, y'know, there was that whole Beast Wars thing. Annnnnnnnnd, now you can say that I had a bit of a pissy attitude. Which is, like, the pot calling the kettle black. KTHX! :D

Are we SURE this isn't just an annual meeting of the General Grievous Appreciation Society (or the GGAS for short)?

If not then I am gonna hang myself. Surely they KNOW this isn't what the majority of people want to look at. They're cutting off all links with the fandom (ie: their target audience) by doing this. Surely some kind of opinion pole would've been handy.

If they ARE going with these evil skelobots, they should've made them new characters instead of disgracing the G1 name-sakes. If you're not going with G1 styling, don't choose G1 characters! @grumpy@

Hi. First on the agenda, apparently, is that I have a pissy attitude, though one has to wonder what that is in relation and comparison to. Is it because I have a dissenting opinion to what appears to be the majority in this thread? Is it because I haven't exaggerated when I've voiced my opinion? Maybe it's in comparison to some of opposing comments made by other posters. Let's take a look through this thread to see what some of them are.

"BLAH!!!! they all suck"(which was the first actual sentence made in this thread, mind you)

"Of all the Emoticons on this site.... none can truly capture my disappointment."

"God please do not make these toys. Those are disgusting."

"I can't supply an emoticon but I can supply this for you..(My eyes! The goggles do nothing!)"

"Well, if those are real, they suck...99% of 20 to 30-somethings who grew up with TFs - who are not rabid fans but will be needed to make this movie a hit - will take one look at Bumblebee and the rest and throw up."

"but a disgrace for what we know as Transformers."

"*sits and cries* Yup... not even Peter Cullen can save this mess. I think I'd actually prefer his good name not be associated with it now."

"You got anything where someone is pouring bleach into his own eyes....I think that would capture it well."

"Spiderman in a hot pink suit with two heads OK with you? Because that's what this is."

Oh hyperbole, how overused and exhausted you are.

Secondly, if I was taking this way personally, wouldn't I be of the camp that is talking about this movie is a travesty? Y'know, as opposed to looking at it from an objective viewpoint. Or waiting to judge until it's actually in theaters, instead of right now? Remember, Optimus Prime and crew are characters created by Hasbro. The toy design itself is not Optimus Prime, but the character is. Just a little food for thought.

Oh, and one last thing? FYI, you might want to include reptile scales, gorilla arms, and rat tails into that description of yours about what constitutes the aesthetic qualities of Transformers. 'Cuz, y'know, there was that whole Beast Wars thing. Annnnnnnnnd, now you can say that I had a bit of a pissy attitude. Which is, like, the pot calling the kettle black. KTHX! :D

Hell yeah!Chug tells it how it is.

I absolutely knew that once these designs started popping up,a lot of you Transfans would be screaming bloody murder.

Honestly,a lot of you should've been going into this movie with low expectations.Filmmakers very infrequently will keep everything 100% to the source material and considering that there are SO many incarnations of the Transformers (G1,G2,Beast Wars,Armada,Cybertron,etc.) why does it surprise you that these designs are going to be radically different in their own right?

For all you know,Armada Optimus Prime was the definitive version of the character to Michael Bay.

And that comparison of this being the same as a pink 2-headed Spidey is RIDICULOUS.That comment doesn't even relate to this.There has always been ONE,singular definitive version of Spidey (and Superman) that is accepted by fans,the public,the media,etc. G1 Optimus Prime is only accepted as the definitive Prime by the fans. There have been so many variations of the character design that EVERY half-decade practically has its own Optimus Prime.

I am not 100% pleased with the designs,but I recognize that this is the filmmakers' vision of the Transformers and it is NO DIFFERENT than that of a group of Hasbro (or Takara,whoever) toy designers who come along to put their own spin on the Transformers for another cartoon/toy season.

Everyone has their own vision of how the TFs should look and if Hasbro hadn't thought these things weren't Transformers in the first place then they would have never approved the designs.

These are the Transformers,whether the fans like it or not.

They're cutting off all links with the fandom (ie: their target audience)

I thought the general public, which doesn't know too much about tfs, was the target audience..

..and I agree w/ you Darren.

:) :) They all look like poops @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

Bah, I'm happy with my G1 TFTM, muahhahaah,

open damn it, open, muahhahaha

"Oh sh*t! What are we gonna do now?!"

But i guess you chose that particular quote because of the character who says it, don'tya? ;):P

I think Starscream is the worst design for HIS character that I've ever seen. If he was a new character I'd accept him a little more. But that design is just not Starscream. The other bots I can get a little adjusted to, but he needs something for us to reckognize that it's him.

I just want to add that spidey has had more than one look. There's regular blue and red spidey, black symbiote spidey, and now this new iron spidey (we'll see how that lasts though). There's more but I think those were the most popular/different.

I think it would have been cool if the autobots looked traditional while the decepticons looked more alien like what we've seen. That way you could see a big difference between the two factions and see why they're at war with each other.

Divide and conquer!

I just want to add that spidey has had more than one look. There's regular blue and red spidey, black symbiote spidey, and now this new iron spidey (we'll see how that lasts though). There's more but I think those were the most popular/different.

I think it would have been cool if the autobots looked traditional while the decepticons looked more alien like what we've seen. That way you could see a big difference between the two factions and see why they're at war with each other.

Divide and conquer!

But Spiderman at least kept things that made him recognizable as Spidey. The black costume had the trademark Spider Eyes along with a new symbol on the chest and back. You can still look at him and know its Spiderman. Same with Iron Spidey. Starscream looks NOTHING like his namesake. There isn't even a resemblance. I would say Darkwing or Dreadwind before Starscream.